The Story on Jaden Davis

Advertisement
Miami recruiting: Jaden Davis keeps options open as decision approaches

“It was just to get back out there and just talk to them again about numbers, and what their timeline is because they want me to take an official in December if I choose Miami,” Davis said. “They said that pretty much they’re going to take me unless something like crazy happens, like they get three, or four or five more. Basically, they’re going to take me whenever I want to commit, especially with that July 18 date. They said there’s no way they wouldn’t take me the July 18 date, no matter who commits between now and then.”
Miami recruiting: Jaden Davis keeps options open as decision approaches

“It was just to get back out there and just talk to them again about numbers, and what their timeline is because they want me to take an official in December if I choose Miami,” Davis said. “They said that pretty much they’re going to take me unless something like crazy happens, like they get three, or four or five more. Basically, they’re going to take me whenever I want to commit, especially with that July 18 date. They said there’s no way they wouldn’t take me the July 18 date, no matter who commits between now and then.”
No one wants to say they don’t have a commitable offer. Interesting quotes though, but I bet he ends up at OU.

@Geo305 I feel safe in saying that most of us here on CIS understand that recruiting is an extremely fluid, ever changing proposition. Especially as fickle as some of the recruits are these days. As you've outlined, things change, priorties change, **** happens for a number of different reasons. Don't let a couple of knuckleheads discourage you from providing the info and knowledge you've acquired.

Advertisement
Stop posting as an insider, you literally never have anything accurate

Don't be like that. Geo and the other CIS staffers are super-fans and awesome communicators of information. None of us agreed we would end with 1 CB, but do you really think they are lying and making a claim that they were told something they weren't? That makes zero sense.

Much more likely is that a staffer or coach told them that they were only taking 1 CB at that time. And maybe that staffer was being entirely honest. But there's a reason that people who talk to the media have "spin rooms", and my guess is that this is what happened here. For whatever reason, the staffer/coach wanted the media to think we were taking only 1 CB at that time, just like they want Ivins to write that Couch was a take all along.

At the end of the day, this staff is kicking *** on the recruiting trail. We have some big names that need to come on board soon! Davis is wrong. Spots are filling up, chairs are being taken. Scarcity makes for competition.

Actually the coaches can work with the players up to 8 hrs a week during the summer just no instruction with a ball
No ball equals no clue on his ability to cover. They’re not out there conducting practices.

This whole new theory is dopey and merely a weird attempt to conjure up an excuse for the lame opinion that we were taking only 1 CB this class. That never made a drop of sense to anyone who was thinking.

Advertisement
No ball equals no clue on his ability to cover. They’re not out there conducting practices.

This whole new theory is dopey and merely a weird attempt to conjure up an excuse for the lame opinion that we were taking only 1 CB this class. That never made a drop of sense to anyone who was thinking.

I'm always of the belief you always take atleast 1 player from each position on the field every year. 11 on O and 11 on D then you fill in the rest.

I'm always of the belief you always take atleast 1 player from each position on the field every year. 11 on O and 11 on D then you fill in the rest.

I agree that that's the starting point for your board. Then you adjust for quality depth at each position (don't count blocking dummies like Bar Milo). Then you adjust for the quality and interest level of available talent, which is always dynamic. ... But to achieve a balanced roster, you're right, you want to spread out players evenly over the years.

Advertisement
I'm pretty sure they watching from a far during team ran 7 on 7.
So they watched Al in all those camps, saw his games, saw him work out a million times, and saw enough to think he'd be a great CB prospect. Then, they saw a couple loose games of 7 on 7 and completely changed their minds on him? Sounds legit.

The 1 CB thing never made a drop of sense.

Advertisement
Bro I’m not sure if you have seen him in person but your gonna have to trust me on this one man. Jaden Davis is tiny. I mean small small. I’m a fairly short yet well built guy at 5’9 170 pounds and Jaden Davis looks like my little brother.
Maybe he is. You never know, these days.

I think some of yawl put a premium on HS SIZE far too much. A lot of these kids aren't receiving the proper nutrition nor strength training they are in HS. 3 of the top 5 DB's in the 2018 draft were all the exact same size as these kids yawl are calling to small this is the exact same reason the program has been down. Phillip Buchanon, Corn Elder and several others were at or around this size coming into Miami

Denzel Ward 5-10 or 5'11 per his rivals page 170 lbs. left OSU 191
Mike Hughes 5'10 160 out of HS per this years draft 189 lbs.
Jaire Alexander 5'11 170 out of HS draft weight 192 lbs.
Proper nutrition? What are they eating, corn flakes 3X day? I'm sure they can get their McDonalds at least 2x day. Their's plenty of good wholesome weight gain nutrition in a Big Mac. Just look, it oozes carbs and protein.

So they watched Al in all those camps, saw his games, saw him work out a million times, and saw enough to think he'd be a great CB prospect. Then, they saw a couple loose games of 7 on 7 and completely changed their minds on him? Sounds legit.

The 1 CB thing never made a drop of sense.

My gawd Chise,..these dudes are something else. they don't get it

Advertisement
Back