The Story on Jaden Davis

Actually the coaches can work with the players up to 8 hrs a week during the summer just no instruction with a ball
Yeah it's one of the reasons why the coaches and players gave been raving about Pope since he got there.

Still call B.S. on the Blades and Bethel speculation.

Advertisement
Before you lump me in as “you guys”.

They were recruiting already for 2019 back in January, even before that.......

They were expecting and hopeful on a DB last year that ended up not coming.

1 CB being the number was mentioned back in January/February around the time of the Legends All-Star game.

Things change.

Stop posting as an insider, you literally never have anything accurate

Your saying this as you had some kind of source to the coaches who said this? Things change as I said. Just like how Couch was behind Steele on the board, Couch is now in a position to be in this class. Things change. Back in January they figured they were going to end up with 6 DBs for 2018. Things change. I don’t get what you are trying to continue to harp on in the most respectful way, honestly.

And I'm telling you your little source is wrong...Took you for a ride, told you something to get you out of his face, had incorrect info...whatever, isn't quite the source you think he is whatever.

And if you wanna be technical, my arguement wasn't with you it was with this goofy Suero kid and Stefan saying it has changed "in the last couple weeks"...That didn't happen. But no I personally don't think it was the plan in January either.

And I'm telling you your little source is wrong...Took you for a ride, told you something to get you out of his face, had incorrect info...whatever, isn't quite the source you think he is whatever.

And if you wanna be technical, my arguement was with this goofy Suero kid and Stefan saying it has changed "in the last couple weeks"...That didn't happen. But no I don't think it was etched in stone in January either.

I understand what you are saying but there was factors along the way to change this. My timeline was actually a bit off. The end of December to beginning of January it was brought up in here, during the Legends All-Star game.

Me personally I felt it would change. Thought they were gonna be a little too hard pressed to just take 1 CB this year, regardless of the original model they had. That was before signing day for 2018 as well and they thought they were getting a little more than what they did finish with. Things change as I said, no the source is not wrong cause it’s from the horses mouth. This is not something that was just fabricated or made out of thin air. Things change in recruiting.

Things change as I said, no the source is not wrong cause it’s from the horses mouth. This is not something that was just fabricated or made out of thin air. Things change in recruiting.

Ya that ole "things change" bit seems to be a fallback for a lot of you "sources" types. Whatever. Like I said my problem was more with them saying "the last couple weeks"...Nah.

Advertisement
Stop posting as an insider, you literally never have anything accurate

Couch wasn’t a take until they moved off of Steele recently. Jaden wasn’t either and now it’s common knowledge over a month later after I told people in here that they were not takes at the time. Renato, Manuel and Pierre decommitted. The kids who got dropped, I all mentioned way before they did get dropped. Huff, Seymore, James Williams, Payton, Solomon, Roberts, Smith, Cam, Brooks all committed as I said they would.

What I say or post on here or on twitter is from local coaches, our own staff words, or these kids own 7on7 coaches, football coaches and their teachers. Just evaluating what you said makes me laugh, why would I come on this board to make stuff up? To get some internet clout? That’s hilarious. I have better things to do than that, I bring up these things and post them because I like to and it’s a hobby

Ya that ole "things change" bit seems to be a fallback for a lot of you "sources" types. Whatever. Like I said my problem was more with them saying "the last couple weeks"...Nah.
Things don’t change?

Miami didn’t keep Jobe and missed out on Ty and Pat and was late to the party for Asante..... They thought they were gonna get at least 1 of these guys.

It wasn’t even official word from the doctors at UM yet that Malek wasn’t gonna play anymore when the number was 1 CB back on December 23rd. We didn’t even play our bowl yet.

So his chance to be in this class is gone because of his dad? Or does he still choose us after the extra visits?

#getthreadontrack

Your saying this as you had some kind of source to the coaches who said this? Things change as I said. Just like how Couch was behind Steele on the board, Couch is now in a position to be in this class. Things change. Back in January they figured they were going to end up with 6 DBs for 2018. Things change. I don’t get what you are trying to continue to harp on in the most respectful way, honestly.
If taking 1 was said before the 18 class was even signed then what relevance would it have on 19 knowing we didn't hit our number in 18?

Advertisement
Jesus, could some of you leave the attitudes at home. The writers here offer far more than the incessant whining you do complaining about what they say. They DO HEAR more than you and as THINGS DO CHANGE constantly, they are bound to miss on some things.

They are able to post their opinions and often they can't broadcast what makes them form said opinions. Relax, life will go on.

I heard a while ago that MAR was a stone cold lock here. I heard recently that he's still listening to other coaches and it will come down to who has the best vision of him as a player. My source said all the "we see you here and there has made him question everything" as it would anyone. Things do change, we'll see what happens, but he would most certainly be comfortable here. I'm not going to say he's going anywhere though, you just never know and that goes for anyone.

Carry on.

Things don’t change?

Miami didn’t keep Jobe and missed out on Ty and Pat and was late to the party for Asante..... They thought they were gonna get at least 1 of these guys.

It wasn’t even official word from the doctors at UM yet that Malek wasn’t gonna play anymore when the number was 1 CB back on December 23rd. We didn’t even play our bowl yet.

Dude you don't have to explain yourself to these guys. Either they believe it or they don't. These are probably the same people who said the same thing in 2017 when we only took 1 DT in that class. (Jon Ford).. "There is NO WAY I am believing we only take 1 DT. NO WAY! We only took 1 DT in the 2016 class! (Tre Johnson)..Your sources suck!!!"...Yet the coaches never thought in 1M years that they would lose McIntosh AND Norton a year later.

**** happens and **** is fluid. But you cant force simple minded people to believe that.

According to ivins couch has always been a take. Said couch even took a visit to miami that nobody knew about while he was committed to michigan.

Dude you don't have to explain yourself to these guys. Either they believe it or they don't. These are probably the same people who said the same thing in 2017 when we only took 1 DT in that class. (Jon Ford).. "There is NO WAY I am believing we only take 1 DT. NO WAY! We only took 1 DT in the 2016 class! (Tre Johnson)..Your sources suck!!!"...Yet the coaches never thought in 1M years that they would lose McIntosh AND Norton a year later.

**** happens and **** is fluid. But you cant force simple minded people to believe that.

If you think the goal was only 1 DT in 2017 and 2 DT in 2018 god bless you...That is why we now have depth like Kent State on the DL.

Advertisement
Things don’t change?

Oh so now we're back to 12/23...Lol this is getting funnier by the minute.

That 1 CB wasn't set in stone...Nothing for classes that far in the future is set in stone, we all know this. So if by some miracle, someone in the "know" really told you "1 CB" for a class that far away, it was you who was overrating how serious that number really was. AND FOR THE 900TH TIME GEO...My original comments were directed toward the other two guys saying "two weeks ago"...Not mid-january where you started, and not 12/23 where you are now.

If you think the goal was only 1 DT in 2017 and 2 DT in 2018 god bless you...That is why we now have depth like Kent State on the DL.

My point was I don't have access to the coaches Big Board and neither do you..I just look at the facts. Ball don't lie. So whos to say if the coaches indeed only wanted 1 CB initially this year or not?

You sound like someone who actually knows for a fact that they didn't. Like you have inside access to the coaches recruiting board. You are speaking off your own personal belief. And that is why I mentioned us taking only 1 DT in 2016 and only 1 in 2017. Whether it was the smart move or not..it happened.

Advertisement
My point was I don't have access to the coaches Big Board and neither do you..I just look at the facts. Ball don't lie. So whos to say if the coaches indeed only wanted 1 CB initially this year or not?

You sound like someone who actually knows for a fact that they didn't. Like you have inside access to the coaches recruiting board. You are speaking off your own personal belief. And that is why I mentioned us taking only 1 DT in 2016 and only 1 in 2017. Whether it was the smart move or not..it happened.

Our depth on the D-line...Is a FACT

Miami recruiting: Jaden Davis keeps options open as decision approaches

“It was just to get back out there and just talk to them again about numbers, and what their timeline is because they want me to take an official in December if I choose Miami,” Davis said. “They said that pretty much they’re going to take me unless something like crazy happens, like they get three, or four or five more. Basically, they’re going to take me whenever I want to commit, especially with that July 18 date. They said there’s no way they wouldn’t take me the July 18 date, no matter who commits between now and then.”

According to ivins couch has always been a take. Said couch even took a visit to miami that nobody knew about while he was committed to michigan.

That does not mean he was a take at the time. I don’t care what Ivins said in the most respectful way and I know him personally. I am telling you what Couch own 7on7 coach told me. He tried to commit and they told him to wait. Ironic that Couch decommits from Michigan as soon as Chris Steele crossed Miami off.

Not being a take at a certain individual time does not mean that can’t change. Does not mean we are not recruiting that kid either. You could be getting recruited by a school but not be a take at the time, it happens everywhere. Just like how Logan and Nunn tried to commit.

I can name tons of kids that we have recruited this year and years prior who were not takes and became takes. Evaluations change, opinions change, and most of all Coaches have their boards.

Oh so now we're back to 12/23...Lol this is getting funnier by the minute.

That 1 CB wasn't set in stone...Nothing for classes that far in the future is set in stone, we all know this. So if by some miracle, someone in the "know" really told you "1 CB" for a class that far away, it was you who was overrating how serious that number really was. AND FOR THE 900TH TIME GEO...My original comments were directed toward the other two guys saying "two weeks ago"...Not mid-january where you started, and not 12/23 where you are now.

I just explained a few posts back I had the date wrong. I went back and checked for myself. It was under the assumption by them if they landed who they expected in ‘18.

I just said myself a few posts ago even I doubted that it would stay at 1 back then. I didn’t report it, but it did come from UM Staffers. It was around the time of the Legends All-Star game.

You just contradicted yourself when you mocked “You insiders and “things change”.” Just now saying “That 1 CB thing wasn’t set in stone”. When in fact, things do and can change. Nothing I said was wrong, false or fake info.

I’ll give an example. Pete mentioned for the 2017 class that we would only take 2 LBs for a while. I had a personal opinion it would grow and turn into 3. Sure enough, we took 3. Not that Pete was wrong, things change. Kids transfer, injuries, etc.

Even 2018 their plan was to take 1 LB. Joyner. Xavier Peters was on the market and they were willing to make an exception for 2 if he could qualify. Things change.

Trajan Bandy & Asante Samuel Jr. became takes for Miami. Things change.

Advertisement
Back