The Story on Jaden Davis

Advertisement
Davis started over Al Blades at STA? Interesting how he's "not a take" until recently.
Have yal considered that maybe what works and is good for a HS football team isn’t good for a big time P5 university ? Do we run the same defensive scheme as them ?

Advertisement
Yea we ****ed up there

OR everything BrooklynDee said about Steele was actually true. That Steele low key was telling the staff we were his #1 choice and he was all in but everytime the staff wanted to get him on campus he flaked. So at some point its put up or shut up time.

Makes sense because as soon as Steele started talking up that he didn't know if we would be in his 5 OVs all the CB dominoes started to fall. (Good, Couch, Brownlee, etc)

Davis and his family obviously wants to go somewhere that makes him a priority which I find no fault.

But you can't come in and force commitments. That leads to decommitments. I like how Davis is taking his recruitment.

So we get burned 2 years ago on #’s at CB and we’re late to Samuel Jr. last cycle.. Rhetoric becomes let’s take guys early that are maybe Tier 2 whereas before we would’ve told them to wait and then they end up going elsewhere because we slow played them. And now the rhetoric is let’s not take a guy yet because he’s not a Stevenson or a Battle. Y’all can be something else sometimes. Every situation is different but hindsight makes everyone feel like a mad scientist with recruiting.

Advertisement
OR everything BrooklynDee said about Steele was actually true. That Steele low key was telling the staff we were his #1 choice and he was all in but everytime the staff wanted to get him on campus he flaked. So at some point its put up or shut up time.

Makes sense because as soon as Steele started talking up that he didn't know if we would be in his 5 OVs all the CB dominoes started to fall. (Good, Couch, Brownlee, etc)

It's still impatient, Brownlee, Good they wasnt committing any time soon. IDK how the conversations have been between him and the staff.

Also I think alot of it has to do with Diaz. I honestly think he only wants State of Miami, DaUval County, and Georgia Kids on his defense. Probably the reason why those 2 kids from Arizona havent received offers.

And that's another thing with other schools telling OOS kids. That Miami will give the local kids preference first trying to negative recruit against us.

Dare I say it... the staff has actually pulled together a pretty decent CB group. They just put it together in the reverse order we are use to.

Had the 4 star Couch committed first, followed by the fast rising Brownlee and then finished off with a project in Good I think we'd be questioning them a lot less.

Overall it's probably an a bit above average group but it's nice to have CB's committed!

So we are giving ultimatums to these kids? They either committ now or they will not be in the class? No wonder we have so many kids that are committing only to decommit a few months later. Not digging this at all.
90% of those kids who decommitted were dropped. All the 2019 kids who decommitted were dropped, Miami hasn’t recruited them for a long time.

Exceptions like Dent, Manuel, Burton & Avantae. To a smaller extent Pierre which I noted that the staff was not going to fight to keep him in my last recruiting update. With a good chance that Miami could pull Avantae back in to that 2020 class.

Dent was honestly the case that FSU was able to get his brother in. Manuel money position is as a TE on the next level.

Advertisement
I know this is my first message and is a little off topic but what about Josh Sanguinetti.Will he be in this class or is he not be a take?

Btw I love the work the staff puts in on this website.
Some conflicting things I’ve been told from different sources regarding him. Can’t say concrete that he is though.

So our S & CB board is as follows

1. Stevenson
2. Richards
3. Dent
4. Battle
5. Brownlee
6. Smith
7. Good
8. Couch

And we have commits from the bottom 4

Seems like an odd way to recruit but I guess the staff doesn’t want to get burned for the 3rd year in a row by their top guys

You have Smith very low. They were very high on him before he committed and still are.

I also agree with Stefan that when Couch does commit, I don’t think all 3 of the corners will stay in the class. I understand and like the upside of Good but I’m under the impression that they will still be evaluating him this season. If a big fish like Battle or Dent wants in, they will make room. Idk if this has been noted but Battle can play corner as well, although being recruited at safety. OSU is recruiting him as a corner.

They are recruiting Richards purely as an athlete but as Stefan mentioned before. They have been talking about CB with him too. He can play it. I love his upside at safety though, I did the same way with Frierson too but it has payed off so far at CB. People can say what they want about Rumph as a recruiter but the man can coach.

I think some of yawl put a premium on HS SIZE far too much. A lot of these kids aren't receiving the proper nutrition nor strength training they are in HS. 3 of the top 5 DB's in the 2018 draft were all the exact same size as these kids yawl are calling to small this is the exact same reason the program has been down. Phillip Buchanon, Corn Elder and several others were at or around this size coming into Miami

Denzel Ward 5-10 or 5'11 per his rivals page 170 lbs. left OSU 191
Mike Hughes 5'10 160 out of HS per this years draft 189 lbs.
Jaire Alexander 5'11 170 out of HS draft weight 192 lbs.

Advertisement
It's still impatient, Brownlee, Good they wasnt committing any time soon. IDK how the conversations have been between him and the staff.

Also I think alot of it has to do with Diaz. I honestly think he only wants State of Miami, DaUval County, and Georgia Kids on his defense. Probably the reason why those 2 kids from Arizona havent received offers.

And that's another thing with other schools telling OOS kids. That Miami will give the local kids preference first trying to negative recruit against us.

But that makes sense to me! If there is a 4* kid on D in our area why go after the 4* OOS? That's Al Golden BS. Now if we are turning down 5* OOS kids in favor our local 3* kids then that is where I have a problem. But doesn't seem like that is happening.

And for what its worth, we gave Chris Steele (OOS kid) every chance in the world to prove he was interested before we finally let him go. Then we moved on to local kids.

Who are the two AZ kids? E. Blades?

One of the reasons the staff is taking so many more corners could be Al Blades. He is a really good athlete but his coverage skills just are not there. I feel he would be much better at safety or even striker.

I think some of yawl put a premium on HS SIZE far too much. A lot of these kids aren't receiving the proper nutrition nor strength training they are in HS. 3 of the top 5 DB's in the 2018 draft were all the exact same size as these kids yawl are calling to small this is the exact same reason the program has been down. Phillip Buchanon, Corn Elder and several others were at or around this size coming into Miami

I am not too caught up on size..but I don't want a roster full of 5'8-5'10 kids in my secondary either. The game has changed. 2 or 3 is enough.

People keep bringing up Phillip B but he was the only 5'9 kid that Butch recruited playing CB IIRC. Markese Fitz was like 5'11. Rumph as 6'1. Rolle was 6'0...You take a 5'9 kid if he is a freak like PB was obviously. I am not seeing any PBs in this class or the last.

Bro I’m not sure if you have seen him in person but your gonna have to trust me on this one man. Jaden Davis is tiny. I mean small small. I’m a fairly short yet well built guy at 5’9 170 pounds and Jaden Davis looks like my little brother.

Advertisement
Back