The sky is always falling around here.

Hstokes1447

Junior
I know this is going to get negged and bring all of the negative posters out but it needs to be said. Most of the posters on this site are nagging b*t*hes who love to hear themselves complain. I find it extremely funny that a prospect can be considered all world and the next Sean Taylor or Andre Johnson, only for him to commit to Miami and instantly become a JAG lol.

Example: Tyre Brady was better than Lane, he had the most potential of any WR in South Florida, and this staff didn't know what they were doing because he wasn't offered. Now yesterday because Dixon does not commit, Brady now has Jag written all over him and this staff once again let the best in South Florida go and is settling for plan B kids.

Gayton was the hard hitting, ball hawking safety this team was missing and how dare this staff let him go to Louisville. The kid flips to Miami and there are 13 pages talking about how he should move to LB and he is not athletic enough to play safety here.

You guys will complain for 49 pages about not landing Dixon (a position that this staff has recruited very well) but Chad Thomas, the most important recruit in this class, solidifies his commitment and it only gets 5 pages. Juwon Young actually signs his LOI and it only gets 2 pages. LB is high position of need this kid who once seemed to have grade issues has made such an improvement that he is a EE, now that's a true winner. You guys cry about not having winners and this kid proves that but instead of celebrating Young, you are too busy crying over a WR LOL.

This team goes 9-3, not 6-6 but 9-3, and everyone is saying the schedule was the worst in school history and thats the only reason the team was 9-3. Despite the fact this defense does not have 1 dominate football player in the front 7 you guys still complain. Look at Georgia 2012 defense one of the top defenses in the country with Jarvis Jones in that from 7. That same scheme with different players are now ranked 45.

I know things are not great but this team is building. The NCAA cloud is behind us, this team is going to a bowl game for the first time in years, and we currently have a top 5 recruiting class. You guys should try celebrating victories just as much as you wallow in defeat.

Last edited:
Advertisement
We wouldn't have anything to complain about if we had a good Quarterback and a Good Defense...fans hold Golden, D'Noforio, and Jethro Franklin accountable

9-3 w/ losses to Duke and Virginia Tech....

LOL!!! We just can't be happy, man! After 10 years of Clappy and Shammin, there is no sunshine left in the fans! We hurt because we care.

I will let you know right now i wont be satisfied until we bring home a NC. Elite or not you dont let the number 1 players on your board walk. Jackson, Cook, EL/TR are important because games become very easy when you got walking 6 points on the sideline. Push comes to shove i know where games are won and lost at i would be more excited about getting Prince then Cook but thats just me

Advertisement
Of course it's legitimate to be ****ed about losing certain guys but there's a whole lot of recruiting ADD going on right now.

Most of our HUGE commits happened a while back and an elite safety from Jersey isn't going to be enough to satisfy some people who can't come to grips with losing out on Sony/Cook/Lane/Rudolph

No one ever thought Brady was better then Lane...

But yes, everyone here is a negative nancy.

And Hester was a MUCH bigger get then Dixon would have been!

Advertisement
There is never going to be 100% level headed rational posters. You just have to live with it.
-When we finish with the #2 or #3 class in the country but we don't land Cook ppl will *****. Forgot the fact that the class is loaded. Non-rational poster will say Cook's talent is greater than the sum of talent we brought in.
-If we Land Cook but don't get Lane, ppl will ***** and say they were a package deal how did we ***** up.

This is just the nature of fans.

you think the haters are mad now...wait till we hit that 10th win next week....

total melt down on how a 10 win season with this schedule etc......

cant wait

No one ever thought Brady was better then Lane...

But yes, everyone here is a negative nancy.

And Hester was a MUCH bigger get then Dixon would have been!

I can't call names, but there were a couple of guys that said that all Lane did was run go routes, and that they thought Brady was better and his talent was just as good if not better than Lane's, lol. I really read that here, so the OP is correct.

Advertisement
Problem is, those that raise a question about Golden are deemed "haters" and there are those that bash Golden for any and every reason.

Of course there is over the top criticism of Golden going on, but there is also over the top defending/excuse making of Golden going on as well. Some said losing Dixon was a failure and people lost their mind. When you fail to meet your objective its a failure, whether its Golden, Saban, Meyer, etc. There is a hyper sensitivity about Golden from some, check the thread about our WR recruiting. The OP made a simple point and posters started attacking him cause he dared ask a legitimate question.

The fact that is being overlooked on particularly Dixon's recruitment is, the most difficult part of his recruitment was telling Al Golden no. This staff worked their tails off to go after this kid and some other big names, MT6 Collins Cook and Bostwick. Those names will stick out more than Howard, or Bush or Thomas or Coley because those guys are playing here or coming here. But there is nothing said about them. This staff is tireless but you can't pull everyone. By this thought process of keeping all local talent, we should not have Kayaa, AQM, Olsen or Kiy Hester. These players are from some pretty big name school's backyards(USC & ND). We may lose some talent but you can't keep everybody. Maybe Dixon believed there was an easier route to immediate playing time as a freshman at OSU. Not saying he could or couldn't play early here, but OSU's depth chart seems more favorable to early playing time. Maybe he liked OSU's facilities better. Again, not saying ours are bad or tremendous, but OSU's are first class and could be viewed as ahead of ours. These factors are out of the coaches hand. And I know a coach should be able to recruit around it, but when you have a hs coach who practically loves Meyer a decision could be swayed. Like last season with Bennett and Coley. Losing him stings, but it's not like with the previous regime where he would've never heard from the staff til the week or two weeks before signing day.

I think Brady has a higher ceiling than Lane, and I think that's what a lot of other people said as well. Lane's better and higher ranked as a prospect right now, but in 4 years, Brady might be the better WR. It's all just splitting hairs, though. Both are excellent WR's. We're lucky to have Brady as he's a **** good player and prospect. We'd be lucky to have Lane for the same reason.

I think what ends up happening when people whine about losing Player X is that they get tunnel vision. They see that player as "the goal", and freak out when they don't come to Miami. Then comes the bleeding of negative emotions vis-a-vis the coaching staff, and it becomes the cluster-fvck we've seen in a few threads here lately.

For a lot of folks, it's all or nothing...and if they want to see it that way, that's fine--it's their own personal torture and headache. In recruiting, however, it's all potential-based, and the good/bad equation when analyzing a class is incremental...lots and lots of gray area and projections of what players may/may not end up being on the next level.

Here's a reality check--Cook might end up being a bust on the collegiate level compared to what he's projected at currently. *gasp*...I know, right? It happens. Remember that Seantrel Henderson guy? 5* "can't miss" behemoth OT? Hasn't exactly panned out to be a 5* talent. He was probably more of a 3*/low 4* contributor...but that's not what he was ranked as, so people feel that he's been an utter and complete failure--which isn't entirely true. He's not been the 5* we all expected, but he has been a rotation player along our OL--and has had some good games during his Miami career.

Instead of freaking out thinking we keep losing "the next ___________" when a highly ranked (and yes, local) kid goes elsewhere, look at the high end of what a prospect could be, then be realistic with yourself, and look at the low end. Even those "can't miss" guys do miss sometimes...and if you can come to that conclusion on your own--recruiting doesn't become as dramatic and nerve-wracking. And to the OP's point--maybe you'll ***** less. Win-win.

Advertisement
Im actually one of the guys who thinks Brady is better than Lane stated my opinion multiple times and will continue to state that opinion and i also stated rudolph is the better receiver out of all of them no shame in my game

That's life you learn you can't make everyone happy no matter what you do

Possible first 10 win season since 03

Possible first bowl win since 06

First bowl game since like 10

Top 3 recruiting class with needs met with sprinkled in studs..

Advertisement
Back