The sky is always falling around here.

The sky has been falling for ten years. Because the sky has been falling. FSU, UF and anybody else who wants to PWNS us in recruiting.

When it takes five plus seasons before Golden claims we can compete with Duke and VT, the sky has fallen. Thank Shalala, your goddess.

Advertisement
this class is really good but lets look at it from this perspective

We clearly want 2 RBs in this class. Of the 3 best in our area, we'll likely end up with 1

We clearly want 4 WRs in this class. Of the 3 best in the area, we'll end up with zero.

We clearly want 2 JUCO DTs and we'll only end up with 1.

I realize you can't win every battle and overall, this class will help the roster out a lot, but there's no doubt, there are some disappointments.

I remember everyone crowning the class in 2008 but several of us being worried about the lack of CBs in the class. Fast-forward to 2011, when we have to bring in Mike Williams to play because we have no depth.

There will also be some grade casualties in this class. Gray, Mayes, Bethel, Valentine all may have problems. Some surprise won't make it. Someone will flip on signing day. I'll hold off on the crown until the dust after signing day has cleared

You are the most down in the dumps, crybaby poster I have ever seen. Somehow the recruiting experts have crowned this class a success because it is bringing in not just a wealth of talent but a wealth of talent in areas of Miami's needs. Yet somehow it's a disappointment to you. Please sir/ma'am kindly **** yourself.
reading. Try it. I said I like this class but there are some disappointments. I didn't say the class is disappointing.

Everyone here is in a rush to crown Golden. I'll hold off for a bit

We clearly want 2 RBs in this class. Of the 3 best in our area, we'll likely end up with 1

We clearly want 4 WRs in this class. Of the 3 best in the area, we'll end up with zero.

I realize you can't win every battle and overall, this class will help the roster out a lot, but there's no doubt, there are some disappointments.

I remember everyone crowning the class in 2008 but several of us being worried about the lack of CBs in the class. Fast-forward to 2011, when we have to bring in Mike Williams to play because we have no depth.

There will also be some grade casualties in this class. Gray, Mayes, Bethel, Valentine all may have problems. Some surprise won't make it. Someone will flip on signing day. I'll hold off on the crown until the dust after signing day has cleared

B. Powell would like a word with you. He may not be as big as cook, but kid is a sick athlete.

if he plays RB, he's a situational RB at best. I'm pretty sure Pete projects him to be a CB

Tyre was better than Lane? LOL

Maybe not in ur 5 star **** gobbling opinion but many others do feel that way. I forget how did lance legget turn out??? Whitney lewis?? What I thought.. rankings don't mean jack

They do mean jack...they are just not everything. There IS a correlation between rankings and performance in college, but it's far from perfect correlation. Anybody who's seen my posts here or elsewhere know that I've pointed out that rankings are far from perfect. I suspect I have probably been following recruiting lists far longer than most on this board. I've been doing it since the mid-1980's, when there was no internet, just newsletters that one subscribed to and received in the mail. I've seen a lot of highly ranked players who have done nothing and unranked players that became stars.

Still, there are players like Dalvin Cook that make you go "ooh" and "ahh" when you see him sliding and gliding through defenses on his way to an 80 yard TD.

I'd like to take a chance on him, I don't want to hold his high ranking against him.

B. Powell would like a word with you. He may not be as big as cook, but kid is a sick athlete.

if he plays RB, he's a situational RB at best. I'm pretty sure Pete projects him to be a CB

Didn't know Pete was a talent evaluator/coach? Brandon's uncle or dad gave an interview the other day when he reaffirmed his commitment that said the coaching staff has never mention BP playing defense and the talk was about what hes going to do on the offensive side of the ball.

Advertisement

Didn't know Pete was a talent evaluator/coach? Brandon's uncle or dad gave an interview the other day when he reaffirmed his commitment that said the coaching staff has never mention BP playing defense and the talk was about what hes going to do on the offensive side of the ball.

he's definitely electric with the ball in his hands, but he looks like he weighs 160lbs.

Pete isnt on the staff and Brandon has said there has been no talk about playing defense for Miami.

OP is right about all this stuff. Fans tend to complain first, second and sometimes last. I remember people complaining about the undefeated Dolphins being boring, Jim Kiick being slow, Merc having bad hands, and Griese having weak arm. I myself was completely frustrated with JJ inability to win an figging bowl game the first three years, not mention just hating Denis's stupid one-back offense. Now some people are just mean or not actually Cane fans and looking to cause problems.

We do suffer from not being able to get all our local stars in THE U. Of course part of the problem is that we can only take 25 a year(plus or minus) and each year there seem to be 50 or so local stars everyone wants. Plus, the talent down here is heavy in the skill positions and you can only have so many. We are bothered more by who we miss than pleased by who we get. Last year's class was actually great if for not other reason than we FINALLY got a QB that looked like he might be the passer we have missed so badly for so long. That was huge, but no DTs so we screamed. This year we have ANOTHER huge potential QB plus monster DTs finally, plus maybe the best DE we have seen since the 90's and more, plus LB and secondary help. BUT we ONLY got one of the best RBs in the conutry and the WR that blew the opening away and the second best rb out of Broward, so we must complain. Objectively, if we could end recruiting today and lock what we have, only a fool would not do it. Not even Cook is worth risking Valentine, Chad, or Brad or any of the other beast on Dline we have coming. The staff has the hay in the barn before Christmas. Well done men.

NOW fix that figging DEFENSE!

Advertisement
Back