The sky is always falling around here.

Yearby is the most overlooked 4 star RB in the nation. Every post and interview with him turns into a conversation about cook, that is just crazy to me. Yearby is a beast, and the starting RB for Central but people here treat him like he is the back up lol. But look back to when Yearby was committed to FSU, posters where ****ed that Golden was letting top South Florida talent get away.

+1

If we swapped Cook and Yearby (as in, Cook was committed for all these months, and Yearby was in Cook's shoes now), would everybody be saying the things they are now? Legitimate question....

Advertisement
the fact that Quincy Wilson is not being recruited as out starting QB/WR/CB/DB/TE is a travesty and the staff failed.

Golden and staff have worked hard to get that "me first" mentality out of the program. Why would or should they even consider recruiting Wilson just to poison the well all over again?

Oh I see what you did there. At least, I think you are joking.

no sh_it I am joking, if I was Golden I would publicly come out and say that Quincy Willson is too much of a homo to be in a football locker room.

Once Yearby switched to us. The thought of landing Cook/Sony as well was out the window. Our recruiting guru's will tell you we are failing, but these guys are not going to the same school as one another. They want to go to a school that they are the next big thing. Not where they may have to transfer away in a year. This isn't just about RB, but plenty of skill guys are looking to go where they can be the next frosh sensation. We hear the big talk from skill players. Saying they are not scared of competition, but that is all bull****.

Advertisement
Yearby is the most overlooked 4 star RB in the nation. Every post and interview with him turns into a conversation about cook, that is just crazy to me. Yearby is a beast, and the starting RB for Central but people here treat him like he is the back up lol. But look back to when Yearby was committed to FSU, posters where ****ed that Golden was letting top South Florida talent get away.

+1

If we swapped Cook and Yearby (as in, Cook was committed for all these months, and Yearby was in Cook's shoes now), would everybody be saying the things they are now? Legitimate question....

you guys have selective memories. To a person, almost everyone was not particularly disappointed with Yearby going to FSU. He's a nice player but doesn't have nearly the upside of Cook. I remember very people's jimmies being rustled because Yearby was going to FSU.

+1

you guys have selective memories. To a person, almost everyone was not particularly disappointed with Yearby going to FSU. He's a nice player but doesn't have nearly the upside of Cook. I remember very people's jimmies being rustled because Yearby was going to FSU.

Agreed, but that was many months ago. Just wondering if it would still be the case if the exact situation played out as it stands today but with Yearby/Cook swapped. I would love to see the general sentiment of the board.

+1

Yes they would. Everyone would say how Yearby is the next Gore and he is so much better than Cook because he is the starter. Everyone would bring up how he has the best vision and feet of any RB since Frank Gore and how he will be killing us at FSU LOL.

Advertisement
We wouldn't have anything to complain about if we had a good Quarterback and a Good Defense...fans hold Golden, D'Noforio, and Jethro Franklin accountable

9-3 w/ losses to Duke and Virginia Tech....

THere are 2 games in this decade that will forever sting in my heart

Getting killed by Virginia when closing the OB 48-0

and

Losing to DUKE 48-30

this class is really good but lets look at it from this perspective

We clearly want 2 RBs in this class. Of the 3 best in our area, we'll likely end up with 1

We clearly want 4 WRs in this class. Of the 3 best in the area, we'll end up with zero.

We clearly want 2 JUCO DTs and we'll only end up with 1.

I realize you can't win every battle and overall, this class will help the roster out a lot, but there's no doubt, there are some disappointments.

I remember everyone crowning the class in 2008 but several of us being worried about the lack of CBs in the class. Fast-forward to 2011, when we have to bring in Mike Williams to play because we have no depth.

There will also be some grade casualties in this class. Gray, Mayes, Bethel, Valentine all may have problems. Some surprise won't make it. Someone will flip on signing day. I'll hold off on the crown until the dust after signing day has cleared

No one ever thought Brady was better then Lane...

But yes, everyone here is a negative nancy.

And Hester was a MUCH bigger get then Dixon would have been!

That is dead wrong. I have heard a number of people, including people down there who have watched them, say Brady has more upside and they think he was better than Lane. As others have already said, Brady had grade issues and seemed to fly under the radar all season, but the kids' measurables are great, with a year or two of development, he has ALL the tools to be elite. Im not making that sh8t up either, Ive read repeatedly from people that have seen them play that a number of people have said Brady is a better prospect than Lane.

+1

Yes they would. Everyone would say how Yearby is the next Gore and he is so much better than Cook because he is the starter. Everyone would bring up how he has the best vision and feet of any RB since Frank Gore and how he will be killing us at FSU LOL.

again, selective memory. Yearby is a nice player, who is also 180lbs soaking wet. Cook has a lot more upside.

Were you not here when Yearby was committed to FSU and most on here weren't upset at all? This was the sentiment pretty much across the board, including Pete's

Advertisement

+1

No cause everyone thought Cook was better and Yearby was average.

+1

again, selective memory. Yearby is a nice player, who is also 180lbs soaking wet. Cook has a lot more upside.

Were you not here when Yearby was committed to FSU and most on here weren't upset at all? This was the sentiment pretty much across the board, including Pete's

The so called guru's weren't upset cause they thought Sony for sure was gift wrapped to come here, and they also felt Cook was a pretty good shot.

Anyone thinking Yearby takes a back seat to either of these dudes is kidding themselves. This dude is the best back out of the three. Had he not had to share the ball. Yearby numbers would just be godly.

I'm glad we got this cat. Nothing makes me happier than to see he is in this class. You guys can get caught up in his weight, but i am going to be laughing my *** off come next season when this dude is shutting people traps on here.

Advertisement
Same people *****ing and freaking out when Cory Johnson and Pelon didn't sign with us are the ones *****ing and freaking out we offered that kid from American Heritage and possibly took a commitment from this other JUCO kid because they think it means Valentine and Moten are bolting. ******* ridiculous.

We clearly want 2 RBs in this class. Of the 3 best in our area, we'll likely end up with 1

We clearly want 4 WRs in this class. Of the 3 best in the area, we'll end up with zero.

I realize you can't win every battle and overall, this class will help the roster out a lot, but there's no doubt, there are some disappointments.

I remember everyone crowning the class in 2008 but several of us being worried about the lack of CBs in the class. Fast-forward to 2011, when we have to bring in Mike Williams to play because we have no depth.

There will also be some grade casualties in this class. Gray, Mayes, Bethel, Valentine all may have problems. Some surprise won't make it. Someone will flip on signing day. I'll hold off on the crown until the dust after signing day has cleared

You are the most down in the dumps, crybaby poster I have ever seen. Somehow the recruiting experts have crowned this class a success because it is bringing in not just a wealth of talent but a wealth of talent in areas of Miami's needs. Yet somehow it's a disappointment to you. Please sir/ma'am kindly **** yourself.

Once Yearby switched to us. The thought of landing Cook/Sony as well was out the window. Our recruiting guru's will tell you we are failing, but these guys are not going to the same school as one another. They want to go to a school that they are the next big thing. Not where they may have to transfer away in a year. This isn't just about RB, but plenty of skill guys are looking to go where they can be the next frosh sensation. We hear the big talk from skill players. Saying they are not scared of competition, but that is all bull****.

Sony Michel is going to the same school as Nick Chubb. Cook may still go to the same school as Yearby.

B. Powell would like a word with you. He may not be as big as cook, but kid is a sick athlete.

Advertisement
Back