The sky is always falling around here.

We have arguably the most reactive fanbase in the country. We win games against Florida and sign elite recruits early like C. Thomas ect. we back, National Title, BCS here we come.

We lose to F$U Golden can't coach on gameday, we lose to Duke, well we all saw hoe that played out.

This is a message board and people should be allowed to express their opinions about our defense and other hot topics, it's just some over react and go HAM at the slightest bit of adversity.

I get being ****ed about losing Dixon and likely missing on Michel, Cook and Lane, but I can't for 1 second believe it was because our staff did not recruit their *** off to get them.

Advertisement
It is impossible, whether realistically or logistically to get every single highly rated recruit that we are going after. Alabama has won, what, 3 national championships in the past 4 years, yet missed on Jameis Winston.

It's easier to neg in this board than give credit/rep.. Some poster here just post negative comments for the sake of starting an argument and rustle some jimmies. We should start getting hype for the commits we already have committed. It's a shame we overlook Darling, KC, Gibbons etc...

It's easier to neg in this board than give credit/rep.. Some poster here just post negative comments for the sake of starting an argument and rustle some jimmies. We should start getting hype for the commits we already have committed. It's a shame we overlook Darling, KC, Gibbons etc...

I agree, seems like we have done real well on the O-Line this year Hopefully they all pan out like expected.

Exactly. Being successful at recruiting comes down to the net sum of what the final recruiting class looks like. Success or failure does not hinge on any one player as each kid has their own reasons/influences outside of the coaches' influence. The bottom line is we have a kick-*** recruiting class as it stands even if we didn't add any more players, yet we aren't even done yet. Those saying this staff is failing in recruiting or even just average in recruiting, would get laughed out of the room by pretty much every college football coach and recruiting expert in the nation. Golden and this staff are very highly regarded and lauded for the job they have been doing recruiting.

Advertisement
Problem is, those that raise a question about Golden are deemed "haters" and there are those that bash Golden for any and every reason.

Of course there is over the top criticism of Golden going on, but there is also over the top defending/excuse making of Golden going on as well. Some said losing Dixon was a failure and people lost their mind. When you fail to meet your objective its a failure, whether its Golden, Saban, Meyer, etc. There is a hyper sensitivity about Golden from some, check the thread about our WR recruiting. The OP made a simple point and posters started attacking him cause he dared ask a legitimate question.
Nobody, I mean nobody here is defending AG when it comes to defense. His job is get the best of his players even if they are not "elite". His defensive schemes seems to be deficient and maybe requiring certain skills that the current players don't have so that is on him. But to he has excelled in recruiting. The total sum if his recruiting effort is outstanding.

Just because you are ****ed at him for our bad defense to come out and attack him if we lose certain players who did not want to stay home despite maximum recruiting effort is pathetic and even moronic on the part of some posters. To evaluate his recruiting success one has to look at the over all picture. That if you are not childish, ignorant fan or a fan with agenda.

I wonder what this board would've been like in 01, people will always find things to complain about

I know this is going to get negged and bring all of the negative posters out but it needs to be said. Most of the posters on this site are nagging b*t*hes who love to hear themselves complain. I find it extremely funny that a prospect can be considered all world and the next Sean Taylor or Andre Johnson, only for him to commit to Miami and instantly become a JAG lol.

Example: Tyre Brady was better than Lane, he had the most potential of any WR in South Florida, and this staff didn't know what they were doing because he wasn't offered. Now yesterday because Dixon does not commit, Brady now has Jag written all over him and this staff once again let the best in South Florida go and is settling for plan B kids.

Gayton was the hard hitting, ball hawking safety this team was missing and how dare this staff let him go to Louisville. The kid flips to Miami and there are 13 pages talking about how he should move to LB and he is not athletic enough to play safety here.

You guys will complain for 49 pages about not landing Dixon (a position that this staff has recruited very well) but Chad Thomas, the most important recruit in this class, solidifies his commitment and it only gets 5 pages. Juwon Young actually signs his LOI and it only gets 2 pages. LB is high position of need this kid who once seemed to have grade issues has made such an improvement that he is a EE, now that's a true winner. You guys cry about not having winners and this kid proves that but instead of celebrating Young, you are too busy crying over a WR LOL.

This team goes 9-3, not 6-6 but 9-3, and everyone is saying the schedule was the worst in school history and thats the only reason the team was 9-3. Despite the fact this defense does not have 1 dominate football player in the front 7 you guys still complain. Look at Georgia 2012 defense one of the top defenses in the country with Jarvis Jones in that from 7. That same scheme with different players are now ranked 45.

I know things are not great but this team is building. The NCAA cloud id behind us, this team is going to a bowl game for the first time in years, and we current have a top 5 recruiting class. You guys should try celebrating victories just as much as you wallow in defeat.

You are a good poster but you are lumping posters into things they never said. Call them out by name and show where they are full of ****. I said Gayot is a LB all the way, show me the posts before that where I said we needed to recruit him at safety. You wont find it. Also you are over exaggerating the Brady thing, a couple have said he was better than Lane, most have known that was a crock of ****. That being said he is a good take, but some of us just dont buy into Brady being this 5 star that a minority of others have tried to push....

We wouldn't have anything to complain about if we had a good Quarterback and a Good Defense...fans hold Golden, D'Noforio, and Jethro Franklin accountable

9-3 w/ losses to Duke and Virginia Tech....

So who could we have lost to and you would be ok with? I mean seriously. I want to win every game as much as the next fan. No loss is ok with me, but looking at that schedule would you feel better if the loss was to UNC or UF? Come on. We got what most were calling that 'signature' win against UF. Then we proceed to have the best season we have had in a few years and as fans we are busy *****ing about what we are not rather than seeing the improvements, the talent insurgence, and the fact that this staff, though they have their shortcomings, is the best we have had in quite some time.

Advertisement
Yearby is the most overlooked 4 star RB in the nation. Every post and interview with him turns into a conversation about cook, that is just crazy to me. Yearby is a beast, and the starting RB for Central but people here treat him like he is the back up lol. But look back to when Yearby was committed to FSU, posters where ****ed that Golden was letting top South Florida talent get away.

Yearby is the most overlooked 4 star RB in the nation. Every post and interview with him turns into a conversation about cook, that is just crazy to me. Yearby is a beast, and the starting RB for Central but people here treat him like he is the back up lol. But look back to when Yearby was committed to FSU, posters where ****ed that Golden was letting top South Florida talent get away.

It's because men always want what they can't have. We already have Yearby, we need Cook and everyone else because that's how men are wired. Why do you think so many men cheat?

We wouldn't have anything to complain about if we had a good Quarterback and a Good Defense...fans hold Golden, D'Noforio, and Jethro Franklin accountable

9-3 w/ losses to Duke and Virginia Tech....

The one thing that constantly seems to get overlooked is that we were undefeated and ranked in the top 10 for the first time since any of the current roster has been here. Then we not only lose to our biggest rival, but we lost our best offensive weapon and a big team leader. Our guys were still reeling from that when we faced Virginia Tech but they came to play. We came out fired up and clicking on O and D then the crazy rash of turnovers struck and by guys who wouldn't have even been in that position normally and everything fell apart rapidly. We were battered, bruised and exhausted both mentally and physically and it showed against Duke. **** we weren't even one dimensional! Its a fact our D needs talent to be successful. I don't care what scheme you used. It was not going to be effective. I could keep ranting but it has been discussed a million times over already.

388.jpg

Advertisement
We all have the same "North" getting the best players to come to Miami to win a title (not 1, not 2, not 3...). We are all frustrated with the last 10 years or so, we have lost a lot of games and players that we hoped to keep. Some people live and die over comments (not decisions), COMMENTS that 16-18 year olds make on twitter, facebook, on the starters bus etc. It is time to get a grip, enjoy the process, learn about the guys and celebrate the wins of the guys who want to play at UM. This board has some great information but at times is unreadable because it is filled with a bunch of crap.

We are all canes fans and want to win. Will we be disappointed if Cook commits to FSU? Absolutely, but get over it and move on to celebrate Yearby, Powell and the sick Oline we have coming in.

GO CANES!!!

the fact that Quincy Wilson is not being recruited as out starting QB/WR/CB/DB/TE is a travesty and the staff failed.

Totally agree. We can't control when kids decide to commit... the fact that our beast players chose to do so in the process should really be ******* applauded honestly. Either way, this class is ******* dope. I know we can't miss ALL the studs down here in a year but we will be getting Cook, and we have Chad and a handful of other beasts (Yearby, KC, Darling, Valentine, Moten <-- just Sofla guys, and theres more).

Advertisement
the fact that Quincy Wilson is not being recruited as out starting QB/WR/CB/DB/TE is a travesty and the staff failed.

Golden and staff have worked hard to get that "me first" mentality out of the program. Why would or should they even consider recruiting Wilson just to poison the well all over again?

Oh I see what you did there. At least, I think you are joking.

Last edited:
The part about Brady is truth. A few people had seen them both play on here thought Brady was the better prospect. Remember, before about a month or so ago, film on Brady was harder to find than the yeti. Wouldn't surprise me one iota if Brady ended up a better player

Advertisement
Back