The safety position after spring

I agree. Yeah I took a little vacation from the board and social media in general but I’m back now. Thanks bro.

if u had to choose between an elite MLB or an elite DE from the portal which route u taking? I’m banking Manny lands one of the two but best case scenario is he gets both.

I'm a little surprised at the general concern in our ability to churn out another top-notch DE. It's been a question mark every season since Manny has been here and somebody always steps up. Couple that with Jess returning and I think we're fine there.

Linebacker is another story entirely. All we've ever had there under Diaz is Shaq and Pinckney. Need a talent/maturity upgrade in that room bad.

Advertisement
Looking good. Bolden and Hall are locked in and experienced. Avantae and Kinchens made some rookie mistakes but flashed their talent and competitiveness. And we moved Amari to striker to open a spot for James Williams.

Salute to Banda. We've got a 5* and four 4* in our rotation.

If Gurvan Hall is starting it’s a fail

Hall and Bolden have at least shown they can play in actual game action. Hall looked solid in 2019 but fell off last year. Bolden went from All American to below average in the second half of the season. They’d better get right because there’s guys gunning for those safety spots. Avantae is obviously turning heads and I’m pleasantly surprised that Kitchens has made such an early impact. He looked good in the spring game.

Imo, we could probably use a transfer at MLB. Anyone is an upgrade over Jennings but I’m concerned about Flagg’s physical limitations. He’s slimmed down a bit to play quicker but he was already a little linebacker. I’m confident that Keontra Smith will be fine at WLB. He’s not the tallest guy in the world but 5’11 220 is big enough to play in 2021. Defensive ends have always eaten in Manny’s defense. Every year there’s a question mark and every year they find a guy who can play at an All Conference level. Is there a Jaelan Phillips or a Greg Rousseau? Not yet but there’s good depth and they should be able to get solid production from the guys in the rotation.

Advertisement
0, no. N0t y0u again.

This post was avantae approved:

1619549522931.jpeg

I think Hall will surprise this year with another year of experience and finally high level coaching. He has the tools and will leave here an NFL pick.

If im Balom and I am running 3rd team by end of season I am outta here. Hes too good to sit the bench. He could start at many schools. He unfortunately has the #1 safeties in the country the past 2 seasons ahead of him (AW and JW) and another kid who many think could turn out to be the best of the bunch when its all said and done. (KK)

Linebackers and DE turnover scare the **** out of me, hope you are right
I have the same concerns. I truly believe Manny and brain trust will have to compensate by bringing Jim Williams down closer to the line and edge rusher or fake rush drop into coverage. Moving Keontra to LB will pay dividends.

Advertisement
I agree. Yeah I took a little vacation from the board and social media in general but I’m back now. Thanks bro.

if u had to choose between an elite MLB or an elite DE from the portal which route u taking? I’m banking Manny lands one of the two but best case scenario is he gets both.
I know this wasn’t addressed to me, but MLB. We have horses and stars we recruited at DE, time to trust your evaluations and let them play.

Flagg should be great depth but isn’t a complete package, and that’s not to slight Flagg but Manny’s inability to get high ceiling LBs into this program for half a decade.

Hope so, don't want a RayRay repeat. He seems more athletic than him though so hope he sticks at safety or grows into a Striker.
Is it really as much of a problem now with the striker position (that did not exist when Ray Ray was here)? I mean the striker position pretty much is a tweener, no?

Is it really as much of a problem now with the striker position (that did not exist when Ray Ray was here)? I mean the striker position pretty much is a tweener, no?
Yeah, that's why I mentioned "or Stiker" in my post. No longer have to be "Safety or LB", so he should be good

Last edited:
Advertisement
If im Balom and I am running 3rd team by end of season I am outta here. Hes too good to sit the bench. He could start at many schools. He unfortunately has the #1 safeties in the country the past 2 seasons ahead of him (AW and JW) and another kid who many think could turn out to be the best of the bunch when its all said and done. (KK)
He is too good based on what? His high school film looked average. And he didn’t do anything in the snaps he got last year

Looking good. Bolden and Hall are locked in and experienced. Avantae and Kinchens made some rookie mistakes but flashed their talent and competitiveness. And we moved Amari to striker to open a spot for James Williams.

Salute to Banda. We've got a 5* and four 4* in our rotation.
Nothing under Mandy is locked in

Advertisement
Talent isn’t the issue. Will Manny and his scheme allow players to be put in position to succeed?

Bolden and Hall last year was a wild ride. People in the media were pegging Bolden as an early draft pick. He was all over the place and making plays. TheSuddenly disappeared.

Hall just never showed up. He seemed to be dragging all year. Was he injured? Was he dealing with some **** outside of school?

T rob already mentioned that hall was one of the best athletes he’s coached to date. Sooo wtf happened last year?!

if those guys can dial it in for a full year then we might have something.

Safety room is absolutely loaded! Can we pull a 3 peat at landing the top overall safety (Tae, JW, & Wilson)? T-Rob it’s all on you now.

The glass half empty version is Bolden isn't on the field (and neither is Balom), Hall is a liability in coverage, Tae (angles, discipline), Kinchens (coverage) and Williams (tackling, discipline) aren't ready. Good safety play isn't easy to come by in CFB but let's not tout a group that frankly has A LOT still to prove.

No doubt there's positive vibes surrounding the team right now. It genuinely feels like the team is moving in the right direction. Whether that be new and better coaching, players being locked in and handling their business and on the recruiting trail.

Talking about "Culture", Miami's is changing right before our eyes. It's noticeable and the right people are paying attention to the program again.

Advertisement
Back