The safety position after spring

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator
Looking good. Bolden and Hall are locked in and experienced. Avantae and Kinchens made some rookie mistakes but flashed their talent and competitiveness. And we moved Amari to striker to open a spot for James Williams.

Salute to Banda. We've got a 5* and four 4* in our rotation.

Advertisement
Looking good. Bolden and Hall are locked in and experienced. Avantae and Kinchens made some rookie mistakes but flashed their talent and competitiveness. And we moved Amari to striker to open a spot for James Williams.

Salute to Banda. We've got a 5* and four 4* in our rotation.
That group has the potential to be elite. Moving Amari to Striker and McCloud to DE were two very underrated offseason moves.

Excited about what TRob can do with this unit.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Hopefully T Rob can get Gurvan to play to his talent level and get Bolden to play all year to the level he did the first 4 games last year

If he can, then we have two All ACC or even AA safeties roaming the defense again

While developing and sprinkling in JW, Kitchens, and Avantae

Hopefully T Rob can get Gurvan to play to his talent level and get Bolden to play all year to the level he did the first 4 games last year

If he can, then we have two All ACC or even AA safeties roaming the defense again

While developing and sprinkling in JW, Kitchens, and Avantae
I was so high on Hall, knowing we actually took a player Saban wanted badly. He has all the physical tools, like you said maybe the coaching flips the switch. The real question is if it doesn't will we leave him in or replace him with a better player, we know how that sometimes goes here.....

Last edited:
Just like basketball, football seems to be heading into a more “positionless” type game. If Manny can get a DE to keep the 8+ sack streak alive this could be the second best defense he’s had during his tenure at The U.

Reminds me of the good ol NCAA days when I’d recruit a bunch of 5 star ATH and plug them in.

Advertisement
Just like basketball, football seems to be heading into a more “positionless” type game. If Manny can get a DE to keep the 8+ sack streak alive this could be the second best defense he’s had during his tenure at The U.

Reminds me of the good ol NCAA days when I’d recruit a bunch of 5 star ATH and plug them in.
Linebackers and DE turnover scare the **** out of me, hope you are right

Advertisement
But the other guys can... based off their stars?
Just cause u have two big hits and a cause a fumble from a guy who rumbles doesn't mean u a baller. U have to see the closing speed the footwork the hips. He could of hit dude after a 35 yard gain that doesn't mean anything. That's like saying I'm a great db cause Pope dropped 4 balls on me and had two catches.....but I have the best pass rush in the country. Alot of context missing so we don't know anything......I mean I'm sure on film the dude doesn't look like a UM caliber player. I haven't watched it but I'm assuming the young guys are better because they were recruited like it. Is there a chance that star **** is wrong? Yea but it's unlikely in this situation.....again in my opinion

Advertisement
Back