Rumor The Rumor Fail Mega Thread

Did I stutter, hoe?
sad jimmy valmer GIF by South Park

Advertisement
yeah you're pretty much re-iterating my point. if he decided not to coach and just collect a check from miami, we would owe him the rest of his contract, if he finds a landing spot then that team absorbs the salary.

my point wasn't that we wouldn't terminate him but that just there was probably some reasonsing for the waiting as mario is ultra focused on recruiting and he has to know that holding onto gattis is impacting it negatively

407, you make a very valid point: We all know Mario is ultra focused on recruiting at the moment.

Now, I don't mean to brag or suggest abilities way beyond belief - although I've done some amazing things here and there - but I can take ninety seconds out of my day to inform an employee is fired.

And that's with a drawn out praise of his efforts and an assurance he'll get whatever termination pay/bonus due him.

Two minutes or less. And done.

Now if Mario wants him to quit - I can tell him how to get that done too.

Advertisement
As someone who firmly thinks Gattis should have been fired, even if this is not what Miami usually does or needs to do with other coaches, please provide evidence of this happening. It’s nonsense for so many reasons. One, we could and likely are already reaching out to potential OCs with the understanding of what’s going on. Two, who we may be targeting is not necessarily the same as other teams (for better or worse). Three, a lot of vacancies are still not filled so searches for OCs and position coaches haven’t started. Four, there’s a lot of guys out there that can turn this around.

I get people are ****ed and rightfully want change, but there’s absolutely zero evidence of what you’re saying. You’re making up a narrative.

I stated that Mario is slow in making coaching decisions.

You want "evidence of this happening?" Let's give it a whirl!

1. Look at the offensive numbers.

2. Gaddis is STILL here.

3. In actual real-time, t takes me a few seconds to say, "Based entirely on production - your employment is terminated immediately. Nothing personal - purely a business decision. I wish you good luck."

Now since an organized executive should always have a "Rolodex" type system set up for hiring desired replacements - not much weeping and gnashing of teeth to suddenly have to invest lots of time doing background checks, and an all-day interview on their philosophy. Either they got good numbers, get it done, are creative, give other teams fits, can adjust play calling to match players and make half-time changes sufficient to win games - or they don't.

I mean, he did all this slow, involved, systematic evaluation on Gaddis - and that's fallen flat on it's ***, so that approach is 0-1 on OC's.

You're right - searches for coaches and OC's hasn't started.

By all means - let's wait until everyone's in the market!

I guess - I don't have any evidence. Hard evidence.

Last edited:
Advertisement

2. Gaddis is STILL here.

3. In actual real-time, t takes me a few seconds to say, "Based entirely on production - your employment is terminated immediately. Nothing personal - purely a business decision. I wish you good luck."

Now since an organized executive should always have a "Rolodex" type system set up for hiring desired replacements - not much weeping and gnashing of teeth to suddenly have to invest lots of time doing background checks, and an all-day interview on their philosophy. Either they got good numbers, get it done, are creative, give other teams fits, can adjust play calling to match players and make half-time changes sufficient to win games - or they don't.

I mean, he did all this slow, involved, systematic evaluation on Gaddis - and that's fallen flat on it's ***, so that approach is 0-1 on OC's.

Except you didn’t touch on a single thing I said. You made an assertion that he is waiting too long this time and it is effecting the search. Except you have zero evidence to back that up and in fact that evidence speaks otherwise. I told you I agree that he should be gone, but I also know we aren’t privy to what’s going on behind closed doors.

Further, Gattis was not a flop by virtue of when he was hired. He flopped because it turns out he wasn’t a great fit and candidly a pretty ****** play caller. But he was not hired because Mario lost out on his top choices because they went elsewhere by the time Mario got to this part of the process. If you want to question his 9 hour interview or philosophies or work demands that is a different story. But there is absolutely zero evidence that the time or timing of either last year’s search or this years has cost us anyone. You can keep digging your heels in over the Joe Brady tweet that Feldman debunked and you edited out of your initial post, but there is nothing to support your thoughts RIGHT NOW.

GODDAMMIT!! This last few pages man.. I see this dude saying ban me @RVA if gattis is let go.. then I see he's band. I got the **** Hurricane football stiffy thinking gattis is gone.. only to read a few more pages and see dude committed seppuku. what a ******* disappointment.

Advertisement
407, you make a very valid point: We all know Mario is ultra focused on recruiting at the moment.

Now, I don't mean to brag or suggest abilities way beyond belief - although I've done some amazing things here and there - but I can take ninety seconds out of my day to inform an employee is fired.

And that's with a drawn out praise of his efforts and an assurance he'll get whatever termination pay/bonus due him.

Two minutes or less. And done.

Now if Mario wants him to quit - I can tell him how to get that done too.
Has taken me about 9 secs. One of the most distasteful things you are required to do leading an organization.

You do it politely, yet firmly. Dragging it out is cancerous.

Also remember, firing a staff member is as much a failure of the employee as those who hired them in the first place. Plenty of blame to.go around.

2. Gaddis is STILL here.

The thought of Mario scrolling through an actual Rolodex for his next OC knowing his alleged offensive philosophy makes me chuckle

Advertisement
Except you didn’t touch on a single thing I said. You made an assertion that he is waiting too long this time and it is effecting the search. Except you have zero evidence to back that up and in fact that evidence speaks otherwise. I told you I agree that he should be gone, but I also know we aren’t privy to what’s going on behind closed doors.

Further, Gattis was not a flop by virtue of when he was hired. He flopped because it turns out he wasn’t a great fit and candidly a pretty ****** play caller. But he was not hired because Mario lost out on his top choices because they went elsewhere by the time Mario got to this part of the process. If you want to question his 9 hour interview or philosophies or work demands that is a different story. But there is absolutely zero evidence that the time or timing of either last year’s search or this years has cost us anyone. You can keep digging your heels in over the Joe Brady tweet that Feldman debunked and you edited out of your initial post, but there is nothing to support your thoughts RIGHT NOW.

Boulschitt I didn't touch on a single thing you said.

WTF are you talking about EVIDENCE??? This isn't a friggin' court. You don't have evidence that speaks otherwise! I got some more news - I don't give a fuzzy rat's *** how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

I said Mario was slow picking coaches - I think many here would agree - and after the pure sihtshow we had for an offense - I'd also suggest that 9/10 likewise think it shouldn't take this long to fire him.

Like the old saying - Never do today what you can put off until tomorrow. Or the next day.

If something needs doing - you just do it.

You say there's no evidence his slow-assed coaching selections have cost us anyone.

I say - you got no evidence that his slow-assed coaching selections haven't cost us anyone. I seem to recall the great recruiter didn't get everyone he was trying for. So what are we to read into that? Cost us? Didn't cost us?

I don't know - but you sure as **** don't either.

Further - IDGAF about what Ferman, Furman, Uncle Fester, Feldman, Feldgirl, Joe Brady, Joe Burrow, Joe Torre, or Joe Tex say about whatever.

I only addressed the obvious. True - Gaddis just sucks. Hired early or late - he's as useful around here as **** on a tomcat.

Since we are just posting our feelings and thoughts based on no actual info, then I’ll give it a whirl too.
Brady is said to hate recruiting. Mario is not going to have an OC that won’t recruit. Oregon told Brady he could skip recruiting so he took the job there.

Or maybe after another year of not getting NFL OC offers he has changed his mind about going back to college.

Maybe he just really likes the PNW and always wanted to live there.
Yeah, because it’s so much better to suck on the field where it actually matters.

That Mario sure is a genius. Who needs actual schematic geniuses running the O and D when he can just hire corches that can recruit. After all, it’s not like scheme, play calling and game day coaching is important in modern day football. Mario’s tremendous game day coaching experience and unmatched skill in his use of timeouts will make up for any deficiencies in other areas.

Two years in a row that programs are being decisive when making important decisions while we try to figure out wtf Mario is doing “behind the scenes”. It would be one thing if his slow and methodical style resulted in A+ hires, but that certainly has not been the case.
You guys are so unfair. I’m sure that Mario is just trying to contact Bo Schembechler’s or Bear Bryant’s grandson to see if any of them would be interested in bringing the feared wishbone offense to Miami, but with a modern twist. Chess, not checkers.

Advertisement
Back