The Rock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I think he's self conscious about something. He looked so uncomfortable in the intro and when talking football with the Manning's during the NFL games.

He's a 'Cane, ya. Made a lot of money, ya. But....

It was totally in the show and it was before he was hired here. Listed his accomplishments as being Oregon’s head coach and Pac-12 coach of the year. Also portrayed him as a dimwit apologizing to Dwayne for injuring him. I believe it was during an Oklahoma drill.

Sorry, I misunderstood, I thought you were saying that Erickson injured him (that would have been weird).

Yes, the injury was in practice, and the first season of Young Rock was all filmed and aired in 2020-2021 before Mario became our head coach. My mistake.

Advertisement
If you ask Sapp there was never a depth chart with Johnson ahead of him - I'm inclined to believe him tbh.

Well, Warren is wrong. Dwayne enrolled at UM in 1990 and Warren enrolled in 1991. Warren redshirted in 1991 as a TE, his jersey number was 84. He didn't switch to DT, and #76, until his second year, when Mark Caesar switched from 76 to 99 to honor Jerome Brown, who had just passed away. Dwayne was on track to start as a true freshman before his injury.

In 1991, Johnson played as a freshman and established himself. He nearly started that year, and things looked promising for his sophomore year.

That was, until Warren Sapp came and took his job.

“I went down and sat in the D-lineman room,” Sapp recalls, “and Dewey [Johnson’s UM nickname] walks in and says, ‘What are you doing here?’ I looked at him and said, ‘I’m here for your job, b---h.’”

Sapp originally came to Miami as a tight end, then switched positions. Apparently, it didn’t take long for Sapp to establish himself at The Rock’s expense.

“Like true defensive linemen would do, full of ego, especially down at Miami because we all talked trash, I said ’Well, you ain’t taking my spot,’” Johnson told Patrick ”Then about six months later, he took my spot.”

The Rock suffered some injuries and ended up flaming out of a shot at the CFL, but there aren’t hard feelings here between the two.

They did a roundtable Q&A for ESPN a few years ago, and it was pretty chummy. The Rock goes so far as to credit Sapp with his deviation from his NFL dream.

Rock: Yeah, the thing was, I had the greatest D-lineman in the history of the game playing in front of me. No. 99, No. 1 in your heart. I gotta tell you this: People are always asking me if I regret not making it to the NFL because of my injuries at Miami. Let me be clear: It had nothing to do with my injuries. I didn’t make it to the NFL because of one man. That’s Warren Sapp. Hands down. There’s a reason why I’m here right now, and it’s because of the grace of God, because you’re the best at what you do. And because you came in and said, “You go sit on the sidelines real quick, and I’m going out there to kick some ***.”

Sapp: No doubt about it. When we left college, you and I lost touch for a little while. But I got a brotha who was watching wrestling all the time. One day, he’s like, “You played with ‘The Rock,’ right? I’m like, “Man, I don’t know no **** ‘Rock.’ Then I’m watching and I see you talking about “candy-***” this and that. And I’m like, are you kidding me?! Who is this man?! It was the craziest two weeks of my life watching you.

The Rock went into wrestling and eventually found himself one of the most famous actors in the world.

Sapp reportedly almost wrestled The Rock at a recent Wrestlemania.

Now that last part would have been pretty amazing.

Last edited:
I seem to recall an old thread on the grassy premium board where an older poster said this whole narrative about the Rock's UM career was bull****. He said Rock was a preferred walk-on, and eventually got a scholarship. Any older guys want to verify that?

It’s was terrible. I don’t understand the need to circle jerk anyone who was once ever a Cane. He’s a character at this point and a corny one at that.
Turned his back on Joe Rogan too…disappointing.
Ohh. There it is. I was wondering where all this animosity for our most famous alumni came from. Since usually everyone would be praising a Cane for something like this. Its because he hurt the snowflakes little feelings by "turning his back" on their shepard.

Advertisement
It was a bit cringey, and that's coming from a huge fan of his.

We did the intros, and the Super Bowl pregame is already mostly unnecessary. To add that on TOP of everything else was overkill on the overkill.

**** Mario.
Give is a coach before this board just starts going down the list of former canes to start talking sht about.

When did the Bike coaching pants/shorts come back??

1644878074501.png

It’s was terrible. I don’t understand the need to circle jerk anyone who was once ever a Cane. He’s a character at this point and a corny one at that.
Turned his back on Joe Rogan too…disappointing.

What does the Joe Rogan thing have to do with anything?

People have to say what they have to say in entertainment to maintain their viability and employability.

It’s best just not to say anything, he did, and then he realized he didn’t want to be canceled. Too much money still to be made and I don’t blame him. It’s straight business.

In reality, serious people don’t give three fūcks about celebrities’ or entertainers’ political or social opinions. You just live your life the way you want.

But yeah let’s keep going on and ****ting on the most financially successful hurricane football player. Nobody circle jerking him. Just stating the flat out reality of the situation.

Advertisement
I seem to recall an old thread on the grassy premium board where an older poster said this whole narrative about the Rock's UM career was bull****. He said Rock was a preferred walk-on, and eventually got a scholarship. Any older guys want to verify that?

Wrong, wrong, wrong.

"When he graduated in 1990, Johnson was one of the top 10 defensive tackles in the country, widely sought after by college teams, for which he credits [COACH JODY] Cwik. He went on to play football at the University of Miami and the Canadian Football League before eventually joining World Wrestling Entertainment and then Hollywood."

Dwayne was recruited. He took an official to UM. UM coaches went in-home with him. He signed and was on scholarship on Day 1. He got hurt in 1990 and he later had some academic probation issues (I was a tutor for the UM Athletic Department).

Advertisement
Ohh. There it is. I was wondering where all this animosity for our most famous alumni came from. Since usually everyone would be praising a Cane for something like this. Its because he hurt the snowflakes little feelings by "turning his back" on their shepard.

Exactly. It's so shocking that Dwayne Johnson, with an African-American father, might take issue with Rogan once he found out about all of the times that Rogan used the n-word and told stories where he compared being in a black neighborhood to being "in the Planet of the Apes".

But, yes, we should be angry at Dwayne Johnson for "turning his back" on Joe Rogan...sooooo disappointing...

I see the ***** boys are
Yes, that must be it. The guy sounded like a total clown, had possibly the worst outfit in US history on, and you're tugging his wang for his honor because he went to Miami. Meanwhile the 99.9% of the country that didn't was laughing hysterically at him, and at you if you were in the room defending it.

The Rock must have dug deep in the back of his closet for those Sansabelt trousers ….I had a few pairs of those back in the day….good thing was you never had to worry about where your belt was ……BUT if you had any kind of belly those the belt line would fold over and you couldn’t keep the **** things up…😂

Yes, that must be it. The guy sounded like a total clown, had possibly the worst outfit in US history on, and you're tugging his wang for his honor because he went to Miami. Meanwhile the 99.9% of the country that didn't was laughing hysterically at him, and at you if you were in the room defending it.
LMAO! at the hyperbole here. Worst outfit in US history. I guess he should have consulted our resident fashion expert Edward20 on what sort of outfit is "in" style these days.

The only people I see laughing at the rock is the Joe Rogan honor guard that had their feelings hurt by the Rock.
I think i just found a GIf of you "dying" at the rocks outfit with the boys.
Gay Dying GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back