The Rock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Only at Miami do we just just beat down any happiness we might have. Dude reps the U like nobody. Who cares if he has jumped the shark. Maybe we need someone cool like Deion and those amazing Aflac ads. Good grief.
3orifiHj9Ptw8L0OQM (2).gif

Aside from him repeating “Finally”, I thought it worked. 🤷🏽‍♂️

Would have been better is the Rams’ fans realized it was a crowd participation exercise. But they missed their que.

Bengals’ fans knew, but it was too late to let them go crazy when the Rams didn’t.

Advertisement
Is he still supporting the Athletic Department? I remember like 15 years ago he was quite a bit, but not sure if he’s still considered a big booster or not.

He’s just trying to stay low profile until he sells that tequila company. He popped his head up to defend rogan and got dunked on by a guy dying from testosterone deprivation syndrome.

Did ol Boy jump the shark last night?

Might have been the most uncomfortable 2 minutes of television I’ve ever seen.
it was cringeworthy stuff. I blame the NFL more than him. man is all about the check. that is his brand and there is nothing wrong with that. the entire event has become too much flash. stick to the substance - the game is the product.

Advertisement
I don’t know what the big deal is. He was just reverting back to his wrestling days and doing that type of announcement.

Those things are always supposed to be over the top.

He was channeling Michael Buffer and Vince McMahon.

Not a huge surprise since his biggest initial success post football was in pure entertainment wrestling, and being over the top is the coin in trade in that gig, and his shtick is what made him popular.

Only in canes fandom do we have people shltting on one of our most successful ex football players, who’s bankrolled over $1 trillion for movie studios, and who himself will soon be a billionaire, if he isn’t already.

it was cringeworthy stuff. I blame the NFL more than him. man is all about the check. that is his brand and there is nothing wrong with that. the entire event has become too much flash. stick to the substance - the game is the product.
Yeah I guess I could have worded it better…wasn’t so much him as it was the people behind him thinking it would be a good idea.

I don’t know what the big deal is. He was just reverting back to his wrestling days and doing that type of announcement.

Those things are always supposed to be over the top.

He was channeling Michael Buffer and Vince McMahon.

Not a huge surprise since his biggest initial success post football was in pure entertainment wrestling, and being over the top is the coin in trade in that gig, and his shtick is what made him popular.

Only in canes fandom do we have people shltting on one of our most successful ex football players, who’s bankrolled over $1 trillion for movie studios, and who himself will soon be a billionaire, if he isn’t already.
I see your point. I shouldn’t have “****” on him as I am a fan…guess just watching it felt like the most contrived, odd thing to start a football game (the super Bowl of all games). Maybe the gayest thing outside of a nystateofmind off topic thread I’ve ever seen.

Advertisement
I see your point. I shouldn’t have “****” on him as I am a fan…guess just watching it felt like the most contrived, odd thing to start a football game (the super Bowl of all games). Maybe the gayest thing outside of a nystateofmind off topic thread I’ve ever seen.

What was so “***“ about it? The Rock is an entertainer and he was being over the top. Big fūcking deal.

He's a wrestler. Even in his prime that type of **** was uncomfortable or cringey to anyone older than 13 and without overalls on.

Advertisement
In the show he says our head coach injured him and knocked him off the depth chart!

I don't think that was in the show. I've seen every episode. He did get injured and Warren passed him up, and Erickson did encourage him to go into coaching. I think all of that was also mentioned on the show.

I don't think that was in the show. I've seen every episode. He did get injured and Warren passed him up, and Erickson did encourage him to go into coaching. I think all of that was also mentioned on the show.
It was totally in the show and it was before he was hired here. Listed his accomplishments as being Oregon’s head coach and Pac-12 coach of the year. Also portrayed him as a dimwit apologizing to Dwayne for injuring him. I believe it was during an Oklahoma drill.

If you ask Sapp there was never a depth chart with Johnson ahead of him - I'm inclined to believe him tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back