The Rock

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not saying you do or don't know who you are. I'm merely suggesting that anyone's assumptions about who Dwayne Johnson is, or how he would react, may not be consistent with their own fantasies of who they want him to be. Not you. Quattro and others.

"Being afraid of the woke mob" and "being offended by the racist language of others" are not equivalent.
Personally. If I was defending someone and it turned out he said a bunch of racist schit in the past, I would turn on them too. That is where I draw the line. It isn't me "flip flopping" or anything like that, its just me changing my opinion based on new information.

Advertisement
I know that, but first of all you put me in a fantasy scenario. I don’t play those.

Secondly, and this is my whole point with the back-and-forth with other people, is that I don’t give a fūck about Joe Rogan. That was the whole point. Who cares whether the rock supported him and then withdrew his support or whatever. To me it’s all TMZ shlt.

The topic isn’t Joe Rogan nor what he said or didn’t say. My entire point is that the Rock is a very successful ex-Cane, and entertainer, who had a flamboyant intro last night. That shlt.

But then people have to bring the politics into it. And I’m not going down that road no matter what you asked me about Joe Rogan.

Fair enough. I only put "you and I" into the scenario because you and I and Dwayne have similar educational backgrounds, and could easily find ourselves in a common social setting. I wasn't trying to suggest that either you or I would use coarse language. I should have clearly included a fourth alum like Dan LeBastard to say all of the problematic words.

I, too, do not give a fvck about Joe Rogan. I can agree with him at times and disagree with him at other times. None of that makes him a friend OR an enemy.

Ohh. There it is. I was wondering where all this animosity for our most famous alumni came from. Since usually everyone would be praising a Cane for something like this. Its because he hurt the snowflakes little feelings by "turning his back" on their shepard.

you ever get tired of gaslighting racist undertones in so many of your posts?

I guess it's because you know the mods will do nothing about it

Personally. If I was defending someone and it turned out he said a bunch of racist schit in the past, I would turn on them too. That is where I draw the line. It isn't me "flip flopping" or anything like that, its just me changing my opinion based on new information.

Not trying to extend the metaphor or anything, but regardless of viewpoint, people should be watching "We Need to Talk About Cosby" on Showtime. An absolutely fascinating multi-person discussion that wrestles with one man's enormous legacy of doing both very good things and very bad things over a lifetime. Very complex stuff, and worth an examination.

Advertisement
Based off your last 15,000 porsts in 4 years and not realizing that he looked like a douche, I'm going to have all the facts I need to understand your lonely life

you're equally as bad with your gaslighting **** about somebody you know nothing about. Basically screaming, "YEH BUT I GETT P*SSY"

..the fck, we in high school? both of you are fcking dorks.

Not trying to extend the metaphor or anything, but regardless of viewpoint, people should be watching "We Need to Talk About Cosby" on Showtime. An absolutely fascinating multi-person discussion that wrestles with one man's enormous legacy of doing both very good things and very bad things over a lifetime. Very complex stuff, and worth an examination.
I have never seen it or even heard about it. I will give it a watch though. Appreciate the recommendation. It sounds very interesting.

Are you saying my post has racist undertones?

the only reason you brought up ANYTHING is because of what rogan said, so yes I am.

and you've done this before with other posters too, you're the first one to come flying out of the cage at anything that could be triggering in that matter. Now that you know, i'm leaving this thread because it's gonna get locked anyway at this rate by morning.

Advertisement
LOL! You are right about that, I was lucky enough to have not seen many of this guys porsts until this thread. Dope new username btw, I almost didn't recognize you for a second. BTW looks like you were right our boy Jeezy did end up retiring after that last album.
Yeah man, some of these cats on here are insane. That's kind of one of the reasons why I don't really post on here much, because it would require me to overuse the ignore button, and I prefer not to do that.

I thought TM104, was going to be his last album, but the pandemic compelled him to release Recession2, a concept record that was relevant for the current world situation. Releasing a concept record during a pandemic, kind of shows that he doesn't really care about record sales, as much as releasing socially relevant content. I am holding out hope, that he will remain open to being apart of a similar kind of project in the future.

I really thought it was Dre jumping the shark. Playing a pretend turntable. Oh my. Not NWA like.

the only reason you brought up ANYTHING is because of what rogan said, so yes I am.

and you've done this before with other posters too, you're the first one to come flying out of the cage at anything that could be triggering in that matter. Now that you know, i'm leaving this thread because it's gonna get locked anyway at this rate by morning.

This is hilarious. So you are literally calling for mods to ban me because I defend our alumni from the racists on this board.

Advertisement
LMAO! at the hyperbole here. Worst outfit in US history. I guess he should have consulted our resident fashion expert Edward20 on what sort of outfit is "in" style these days.

The only people I see laughing at the rock is the Joe Rogan honor guard that had their feelings hurt by the Rock.
I think i just found a GIf of you "dying" at the rocks outfit with the boys.
Gay Dying GIF

Hey man, Dwayne can get cracked on for what he wears lol. Elliot would probably agree! Dude has been juicing for 10 years straight -- **** ya I'm going call his *** goofy -- even if he is a 'Cane.
1644884899448.png

And since DJ wants to imply Rogan is racist, here's Dwayne being racist towards Asians! I wonder if China is going to "rethink" it's relationship with Dwayne. Have we seen a public apology for DJ imitating Asians? No.

I think DJ only cares about racism when it applies to people that look like him. He shouldn't be a defender of only one race -- or two -- but for all. We all know how China treats its Muslim population -- the US didn't send Olympic diplomats to Beijing for this reason. But DJ makes $$,$$$,$$$ from his movies in China.

It begs the question, why did Israel Adesanya come out and publicly support Joe Rogan? Joe Rogan's 'honor guard' transcends race & politics it seems. I think there is a reason it's the #1 podcast in the world. He has people from every walk of life on his show.

Do I agree with what he said? **** no. Was I disappointed? For **** sure. But people deserve second chances & Joe Rogan has at least came out and condemned what he said & he realizes it was wrong. Now, if he said he didn't care about what he said -- or if he acted like he was too big for criticism -- then I wouldn't be JR fan.

Don't write me off bro...

Uh, go back and review the transcript. Quattro brought up Joe Rogan in post #45.

Yeah man, some of these cats on here are insane. That's kind of one of the reasons why I don't really post on here much, because it would require me to overuse the ignore button, and I prefer not to do that.

I thought TM104, was going to be his last album, but the pandemic compelled him to release Recession2, a concept record that was relevant for the current world situation. Releasing a concept record during a pandemic, kind of shows that he doesn't really care about record sales, as much as releasing socially relevant content. I am holding out hope, that he will remain open to being apart of a similar kind of project in the future.
**** I didn't realize it was that long since we last chopped it up. In my head I was thinking you said recession 2. But ya bro I agree doing that shows a lot about his character. I too though am hoping he drops another record. We need more Jeezy bangers.

Advertisement
Hey man, Dwayne can get cracked on for what he wears lol. Elliot would probably agree! Dude has been juicing for 10 years straight -- **** ya I'm going call his *** goofy -- even if he is a 'Cane.
View attachment 177718

And since DJ wants to imply Rogan is racist, here's Dwayne being racist towards Asians! I wonder if China is going to "rethink" it's relationship with Dwayne. Have we seen a public apology for DJ imitating Asians? No.

I think DJ only cares about racism when it applies to people that look like him. He shouldn't be a defender of only one race -- or two -- but for all. We all know how China treats its Muslim population -- the US didn't send Olympic diplomats to Beijing for this reason. But DJ makes $$,$$$,$$$ from his movies in China.

It begs the question, why did Israel Adesanya come out and publicly support Joe Rogan? Joe Rogan's 'honor guard' transcends race & politics it seems. I think there is a reason it's the #1 podcast in the world. He has people from every walk of life on his show.

Do I agree with what he said? **** no. Was I disappointed? For **** sure. But people deserve second chances & Joe Rogan has at least came out and condemned what he said & he realizes it was wrong. Now, if he said he didn't care about what he said -- or if he acted like he was too big for criticism -- then I wouldn't be JR fan.

Israel came out to defend him because he is one of Danas biggest *** kisses. Do you actually follow the UFC? He constantly sucks up to Dana. That is literally his shtick.

Also, I don't see anyone in this thread defending the Rock for making fun of Chinese people. I don't think what he said there was right either. However, if we are going to attack the Rock for that, we need to also attack McMahon since he obviously Okayed that "joke" and most likely one of his writers wrote that joke.

You can be upset at the Rock for saying that racist comment and you can also be upset at Joe Rogan for making racist comments. Its called thinking for yourself. How come it took you until he mocked Joe Rogan for you to start dropping "the rock is racist" comments? Why weren't you guys posting this and complaining about his racist comments last year?

View attachment 177718

Hey, I'm not sure if you got the memo, but wrestling is scripted. And fake. "Dwayne being racist towards Asians"? Really?

Are you proposing that Leonardo DiCaprio is a racist because he read the scripted lines in Django Unchained?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back