The real story

• Thread starter Deleted member 25719
  • Start date
Advertisement
ND has the money but doesn't spend it on the athletic department. I am very close with Kyle Hamilton and his parents (we've known each other since Kyle was 8 years old the AAU basketball). Kyle's monthly stipend at ND is half of what he would have received from UGA and Bama. But he believed that the education was worth more to him over his life than an extra $800-1000 per month. ND literally claws the money back from its own athletic department. So yes, the university receives the money but the athletic department does not and the players do not.
I get it. That's their choice. It's not a resource issue.

Advertisement
So many valuable points amidst utter bull****, insider schtick and children stomping for their gobstopper at Wonka’s factory....

It is quite wonderful to read.

Total control of football operations including his own choice for AD and final say on hiring and firing staff.Also a recruiting coordinator of his choice who had experience at a major program and the league. Additionally he woluld build a football ops department competitive with real programs. The control he demanded scared multiple people
Why would someone overseeing the football program pick the AD that runs other sports? A more believable approach would be that the AD doesn't oversee football.

Advertisement
Why would someone overseeing the football program pick the AD that runs other sports? A more believable approach would be that the AD doesn't oversee football.
Probably because the football program at UM funds the entire athletic department. You may want to start there and move along. Do you people have any clue how a major college athletic department operates?

Probably because the football program at UM funds the entire athletic department. You may want to start there and move along. Do you people have any clue how a major college athletic department operates?
Suggesting that an individual running a football program would pick the person that manages all other sports doesn’t make sense. You are clearly posting false information and attack other posters who question you. Specifically explain why Highsmith would need to pick the AD?

Suggesting that an individual running a football program would pick the person that manages all other sports doesn’t make sense. You are clearly posting false information and attack other posters who question you. Specifically explain why Highsmith would need to pick the AD?
If I have to explain that I’m wasting my time. Bernie 2.0 is officially out of here! My information was not false, go back to reading fairy tales that folks post here.

Advertisement
Funny thing is that UM football has pretty much always been a "minor league operation" compared to the Alabama's, NDs, OSUs, Oklahoma's, Texas's, etc. The resources this program has had were, at their best point, a small fraction of what those school's have had at their disposal. Our facilities and budgets have always paled in comparison. This is not a new thing by any means.

Somehow, we still won 5 NCs and should have had a few more. How did we do it? Exceptional talent and smart coaches/schemes.

The money is there, but it’s a tough choice. In a vacuum, football clears $25-$30M, but that all gets spent elsewhere.

ND has the money but doesn't spend it on the athletic department. I am very close with Kyle Hamilton and his parents (we've known each other since Kyle was 8 years old the AAU basketball). Kyle's monthly stipend at ND is half of what he would have received from UGA and Bama. But he believed that the education was worth more to him over his life than an extra $800-1000 per month. ND literally claws the money back from its own athletic department. So yes, the university receives the money but the athletic department does not and the players do not.

Much respect for the kid. Too many kids today are shortsighted, seeking instant gratification over future rewards/success.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back