The real story

• Thread starter Deleted member 25719
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 25719

From people that would know both at UM and other programs:
The entire football program is a mess, starting with the administration, BOT, AD, Football ops, coaching staff and players, other than that we are in good shape. Since Butch Davis left UM, the program has been in a decline and just when you think you’ve seen rock bottom, the hole gets deeper and yesterday was a disgrace at multiple levels. Until the university and the administration balls up and commits to rebuilding the Hurricanes from the ground up, Miami football is dead. You don’t build successful programs with smoke and mirrors, cheap tallk, chains, rings and hiring Ed Reed as nothing more than a publicity stunt when you could hire an NFL executive with ties to every university and every NFL front and office in the country. You don’t have a glorified ticket salesman in charge of an athletic department when you can have a Gino Torretta as your AD,bright, articulate, respected in the college football business and so on. We are a minor league operation and it has been this way for nearly two decades. I know what a successful college football program looks like, my nephew is high up the food chain at Ohio State. They run a factory, from the President to Gene Smith, to football ops to Urban as an advisor. Compared to what we have, tell me what is different. Please take your orange and green glasses off, put down the pom-poms and admit Miami football right now is a minor league operation and until until someone decides to change it from the ground up, what you’ve seen is what you’ll get. I have a lot more but I got tired of typing

Advertisement
This is the unfortunate reality of our situation and hopefully yesterday opened everyone's eyes and we can stop deluding ourselves with TuRnOvEr ChAiN 8-2 tHoUgH bRo!

This whole ******* thing goes far beyond firing some lame *** coaches. Why? So we can replace Blake baker with the bartender?? So we can fire Manny next year and Blake James puts maybe 3 more hours of effort than his previous attempt and hires Charlie Strong?? There isn't a single person above them that can identify what a qualified coach at the university of Miami SHOULD look like.

Advertisement
So this is the real story but you didn't want to tell us the rest because you're tired of typing?

Thanks bud
Some things have to stay within the family. My source who would have been part of the solution and I think that has been proven here multiple times. Believe what you choose to believe, my guys know what they are talking about. Spurrier and my relative who both won a prestigious trophy, talked at halftime of the Gates game last night and Steve said “that is the worst effort I’ve seen at any level in my life,” I’m the same guy that got mocked here because I praised Ohio State and Bama for their PROGRAM S. We can only wish.

EVERYTHING and I do mean EVERYTHING in that post has been preached upon by myself and others on this board for over 15 years going back to Grassy.

Our un-athletic department is one of the biggest administrative jokes on the collegiate circuit.

Until the disease isn't cured, the symptoms are just going to keep recycling with different names attached. Right now it's Manny Diaz, in a few years he'll have a different name with the same results.

Advertisement
So this is the real story but you didn't want to tell us the rest because you're tired of typing?

Thanks bud
Here’s some more about disfunction Bud. You have players doing interviews stating certain guys on the team didn’t buy in during the week of preparation, which indicates a total lack of leader ship from the coaches down to the players. My guys played here for five years, won 55 Lost five and never once did somebody throw any other player under the bus. The reason bud was leadership Something this program has been lacking for 20 years and you cannot solve it by hiring Ed Reed to smoke cigars in Atlanta and this is not Ed’s fault. The offense and defense on those teams Had true leaders and ach position group also had their own leader. Those teams won by accountability and being great teammates not wearing turnover chains touchdown rings. They did they’re talking on the field and 55 wins and five losses including undefeated at home speaks for itself. Those guys were winners on and off the football field. They didn’t do it with smoke and mirrors

Last edited by a moderator:
Here’s some more abo in t disjunction Bud. You have players doing interviews stating certain guys on the team didn’t buy in during the week of preparation, which indicates a total lack of leader ship from the coaches down to the players. My guys play here for five years, won games, Lost five and never once did somebody throw any other player under the bus. The reason bud with leadership Something this program has been lacking for 20 years is it all solve it by hiring Ed Reed to smoke cigars in Atlanta
Tell Geno we all agree. We should have hired Highsmith. Can you imagine what would have happened today with Alonzo in charge? Baker and others would be cleaning out their office.

THIS!!!! EVERYTHING YOU SAID!!!! SPOT ON!!!

And if anyone disagrees you have to be Jenn Strawley's cuck.

tenor - 2020-12-13T095958.671.gif

"Ed Reed as nothing more than a publicity stunt when you could hire an NFL executive with ties to every university and every NFL front and office in the country"

This right here tells you everything you need to know about the clown show administration we have. I love Ed Reed as a player but it is beyond obvious that it is just a publicity stunt. Highsmith was the hire with substance but when they didnt want to give him the power necessary it showed they weren't serious.

Advertisement
Like it or not OP is dead on, well said Bern. The problem is at the top, unless the powers above have a change o heart this is now Miami football, for those who have been around awhile, i go back to 84, its damm sure hard to take. About the only thing that remains from those days is the U on the helmet, which used to mean something. It's just assasinine that we hired this clown over BD, made me sick at my stomach at the time, and dont bother w the Butch is old comments he can coach circles around Mandy, recruit circles around Mandy, and we would be challenging Bama right now had we hired him. I dont know if Bern 2-0 will agree here but Tex has come to the conclusion out BOT/BOD dont want to be up in that upper echalon of CFB anymore, they dont like what comes w that, that bright spotlight persay. I'll say this again, had we hired BD, we would have JJ for free, what a F'n deal.

Tell Geno we all agree. We should have hired Highsmith. Can you imagine what would have happened today with Alonzo in charge? Baker and others would be cleaning out their office.
"Ed Reed as nothing more than a publicity stunt when you could hire an NFL executive with ties to every university and every NFL front and office in the country"

This right here tells you everything you need to know about the clown show administration we have. I love Ed Reed as a player but it is beyond obvious that it is just a publicity stunt. Highsmith was the hire with substance but when they didnt want to give him the power necessary it showed they weren't serious.
Manny and Blake were in full panic mode when they heard Zo was coming back to Miami. You are 100% correct I promise!

Last edited by a moderator:
Like it or not OP is dead on, well said Bern. The problem is at the top, unless the powers above have a change o heart this is now Miami football, for those who have been around awhile, i go back to 84, its damm sure hard to take. About the only thing that remains from those days is the U on the helmet, which used to mean something. It's just assasinine that we hired this clown over BD, made me sick at my stomach at the time, and dont bother w the Butch is old comments he can coach circles around Mandy, recruit circles around Mandy, and we would be challenging Bama right now had we hired him. I dont know if Bern 2-0 will agree here but Tex has come to the conclusion out BOT/BOD dont want to be up in that upper echalon of CFB anymore, they dont like what comes w that, that bright spotlight persay. I'll say this again, had we hired BD, we would have JJ for free, what a F'n deal.
You lost all credibility with your hire Botch blah blah blah.

The truth of the OG post is that it's systemic from the top down but the unfortunate reality is that college football is too expensive to win at with the big boys for a private university.

Best we can hope for is every five years or so catching lightning in a bottle and making the playoffs. Anything more is unreachable.

Advertisement
Been saying this since the 2000's when maimi hired Shannon . Miami just isn't serious about football and Blake James is the worst AD in the history of sports. He's now responsible for hiring two coaches who have had record setting performances and not the good kind.

Not surprised at all. If you talk to most any of Miami spoiled non athletic alums all they care about is the reputation and status od the university academic wise mind you most people wouldn't even give a dam about Miami had it not been for the football team. Miami has basically parlayed the success of the football team and have tried to use that popularity to turn Miami into Stanford south. Funny thing is you can still have a great football team/ athletics and have an outstanding academic reputation but Miami folks don't see it that way I guess. Its pretty obvious they don't give a dam. That's how James can continually get away with hiring these POS coaches.

You lost all credibility with your hire Botch blah blah blah.

The truth of the OG post is that it's systemic from the top down but the unfortunate reality is that college football is too expensive to win at with the big boys for a private university.

Best we can hope for is every five years or so catching lightning in a bottle and making the playoffs. Anything more is unreachable.

smh. Miami has money they just don't give a dam. Sissy talk. Hiring the right coach is some cases doesn't cost much of nothing when you look at the approach that's needed to make the right hire. Miami has to many people with your simple mind set in place regarding football related activities.

smh. Miami has money they just don't give a dam. Sissy talk. Hiring the right coach is some cases doesn't cost much of nothing when you look at the approach that's needed to make the right hire. Miami has to many people with your simple mind set in place regarding football related activities.

Blah blah blah. "Miami has all the money". Bull****.

The difference is that Bama, LSU, Clemson, Ohio State spend 2x as much as Miami does/can spend on football and then you add in alumni bases that are 5-10x the size of Miami and its a losing battle. This isn't 1980 or 2000 any more.

Advertisement
Back