The RB position

the idea of needing a bruiser back is stupid, by the way. that's why we took danny dillard who couldn't play at all.

what you need is yards. if a bunch of small guys can get you yards then who cares?

Advertisement
the idea of needing a bruiser back is stupid, by the way. that's why we took danny dillard who couldn't play at all.

what you need is yards. if a bunch of small guys can get you yards then who cares?

It's a nice thought to have "complimentary" backs or whatever the **** you want to call it, but that hand is grossly overplayed by fans. Just need a couple of guys that can handle the rock, doesn't matter if they are the same size, or have the same running style. Irrelevant. Duke has been our best short yardage back since he stepped on campus. If you had to get two yards, would you give it to Duke or Gus?

this +100000000000

We dont have the stable we have had during our great runs, but having a Dallas Crawford as your 3rd or even 4th option isnt exactly shabby either.

Advertisement

It's a nice thought to have "complimentary" backs or whatever the **** you want to call it, but that hand is grossly overplayed by fans. Just need a couple of guys that can handle the rock, doesn't matter if they are the same size, or have the same running style. Irrelevant. Duke has been our best short yardage back since he stepped on campus. If you had to get two yards, would you give it to Duke or Gus?

seems like that hand is also being grossly overplayed by the staff

Duke
Yearby
Crawford
Gus

Our RB position is not in dire straits at all. Who started this nonsense?

3.jpg

I really think he may have to move to RB which is a more natural position for him.

5 true RB's and one FB. Not saying all can contribute but there is depth. And Yearbys injury is being overstated. It was a fracture if I'm not mistaken. Not just that but everyone keeps pointing to Macolm when they talk about the length of time it'll take Duke to come back. 2 completely different injuries. If reports were true Duke had a clean break and no ligament or joint damage. Malcolm had his ankle ripped from its socket and turned in the opposite direction.

Advertisement
Duke
Yearby
Crawford
Gus

I disagree.

Duke: One of the best we have ever had but he need help.
Yearby: Stud, but he has a broken leg and all he's doing right now is eating Doritos and playing Xbox.
Crawford: Is not a running back. He's proven that he can't succeed at RB. He'll be moved back to slot at first opportunity.
Edwards: I might get negged for this, but I think he sucks right now. Crawford at 180 lbs was the better short yardage back. He might need to develop, but who knows what he'll develop into.

I might not be dire, but it's close. If Gus continues to disappoint, then we're left with only two productive players. We need to have three backs that can potentially shoulder all the load, or at lest close to it. We're short 1 body.

I like Greg Howell from Gables...I think the kid can play here. Not a homerun hitter, but I like his film and the way he gets through a hole.

Duke
Yearby
Crawford
Gus

I disagree.

Yearby: Stud, but he has a broken leg and all he's doing right now is eating Doritos and playing Xbox.
Crawford: Is not a running back. He's proven that he can't succeed at RB. He'll be moved back to slot at first opportunity.
Edwards: I might get negged for this, but I think he sucks right now. Crawford at 180 lbs was the better short yardage back. He might need to develop, but who knows what he'll develop into.

I might not be dire, but it's close. If Gus continues to disappoint, then we're left with only two productive players. We need to have three backs that can potentially shoulder all the load, or at lest close to it. We're short 1 body.

Thats only if Crawford is moved back to WR like YOU think he should be. And Yearby isn't just sitting around playing Xbox. He posted a video of himself running on the underwater treadmill during rehab 2-3 days ago. The length some of you will go to prove a point is ridiculous.

For all the hate on Gus, the man played good in every game outside the bowl game (no played good in that game?). Duke/Yearby/Gus is a very good 1/2/3 (or at least good enough) where we dont need to take a plan b/c rb

Advertisement
crossover22[]_[];1812107 said:
I actually want elder at RB.

Love him at RB but the kid looks so natural at DB. That's the type of **** I hate though. If Corn can be a legit DB, which I think he can, we shouldn't have to consider moving him to RB out of NECESSITY. ****. This is ****ing Miami. Shouldn't have to play musical chairs at ****ing running back.
Didn't we move him to DB "out of necessity"? I'd love to see Corn on offense.

regardless of the names on the roster , 4 is simply a scary, scary number. Adding in that 2 of the 4 are coming off of major injury and its downright terrifying.

Duke
Yearby
Crawford
Gus

I disagree.

Thats only if Crawford is moved back to WR like YOU think he should be. And Yearby isn't just sitting around playing Xbox. He posted a video of himself running on the underwater treadmill during rehab 2-3 days ago. The length some of you will go to prove a point is ridiculous.

I'm confident about Crawford moving back to slot. I'll stand by that. I was clearly speaking in hyperbole when I referenced Yearby. I'm sure he's rehabbing, lol. He's just not on the field or in the weight room making gains.

Advertisement
Corn is electric with the ball in his hand. I'd love to see him get a shot but he does seem good at db

And no idea why there's this sentiment that Dallas has proven he can't play. Seriously? I'm pretty sure he's proven that he CAN play. He's not elite, but he's earned carries. How many touchdowns did the kid score? I just think we wore him out with Duke injured. And he's a tremendous special teams player. Getting hit in the backfield half the time in the bowl game didn't help.

Advertisement
Back