The RB position

GoldCane

Junior
I feel like it is getting over looked how dire our RB situation is. A few people have mentioned it, but I think most are not realizing how bad it is. We only have 4(!) RBs on the entire roster, of which the 2 best have broken ankles. Unless Treyone Gray qualifies, which seems very unlikely , or Tavon Ross comes (unlikely and looks like a better S anyway) , then there really isnothing left on the board for us. To me, this is almost unfathomable to be in a situation like this at a position like RB at Miami. To make it worse, this is one of the strongest years ever in So Fla at the position with 3 legit ELITE backs and another one that is a cut below in B.Powell. This is the biggest fail of the recruiting cycle IMO

Advertisement
Yup. Last yr was the worst stable of Runningbacks in 20 yrs at UM. I really believe that.

Yearby is a stud, we all know what Duke is but were still missing that bruiser

hopefully Gus can carry the "big back" load for a yr until we can get another one nxt yr. Gus did a pretty good job for being a true freshman & should be better this yr.. & don't we still have a flier on McKnight?.. with Bo out of the picture now we will prob take him & just hope that every college except Louisiana tech was wrong about him ( sarcasm) sigh

I like gus a lot more then others here do. Kid needs to develop.

I agree that we needed one more. We had Powell locked up. He chose to flip last minute

It's scary. Running backs will get hurt, no doubt about it. Even NFL teams have basically completely gone to a 2 back system out of necessity. What we've done recruiting the position really is baffling considering our options year in and year out. We've obviously landed a couple of elite high school backs but where's the depth?

Too many "hopefullys" and "maybes" for Miami

Advertisement
I agree, need more backs. Who is our backup FB next year? Hate to have to move a kid like Elder.

running back should be fine, honestly. even if duke comes back at 90% that's still a top-tier back. gus looks like he'll be a player. yearby should be fine.

we're gonna need a monster RB class at some point. if that's 2015 then that should be good. it's the easiest position to plug new guys in.

Advertisement
3.jpg

crossover22[]_[];1812107 said:
I actually want elder at RB.

Love him at RB but the kid looks so natural at DB. That's the type of **** I hate though. If Corn can be a legit DB, which I think he can, we shouldn't have to consider moving him to RB out of NECESSITY. ****. This is ******* Miami. Shouldn't have to play musical chairs at ******* running back.

crossover22[]_[];1812098 said:

I agree that we needed one more. We had Powell locked up. He chose to flip last minute

Yearby and Powell are similar in size and function. Yearby is actually a much better RB... We did not need another 165 # back. We needed a more physical back and they are rare. We need a 200+ LB RB...

Love him at RB but the kid looks so natural at DB. That's the type of **** I hate though. If Corn can be a legit DB, which I think he can, we shouldn't have to consider moving him to RB out of NECESSITY. ****. This is ******* Miami. Shouldn't have to play musical chairs at ******* running back.

Good point. I agree we shouldn't have to.

Advertisement
Gus needs to get at least 10-15 carries every game and with that, the offensive identity of this team needs to change. Hopefully Coley will figure that out.

crossover22[]_[];1812098 said:

Yearby and Powell are similar in size and function. Yearby is actually a much better RB... We did not need another 165 # back. We needed a more physical back and they are rare. We need a 200+ LB RB...

Yea we do need a bruiser for sure.

We have one of the top backs in college; unfortunately he is coming off injury. We got one of the best backs in HS; unfortunately he got hurt at end of year. If both were healthy, we would feel better. Losing Powell hurt, but he was no power back anyway. Joe runs inside very well but is no bonecrusher. Most of the heavy duty backs get sucked up but SEC. Until Joe got hurt, not getting Sony or Cook was not that big a deal. Once he went down, it started to matter. But neither wanted to come here, so it is what it is. Might have to move Corn over to RB. Another small fast guy, but better than our 3rd and 4th back now.

Advertisement
Gus is a good back. Unfortunately the one thing we need him to do well... he doesn't do well. get tough yards. He runs way too high

Agree about loving him at RB, but I also think he has a higher ceiling at DB.

I feel like it is getting over looked how dire our RB situation is. A few people have mentioned it, but I think most are not realizing how bad it is. We only have 4(!) RBs on the entire roster, of which the 2 best have broken ankles. Unless Treyone Gray qualifies, which seems very unlikely , or Tavon Ross comes (unlikely and looks like a better S anyway) , then there really isnothing left on the board for us. To me, this is almost unfathomable to be in a situation like this at a position like RB at Miami. To make it worse, this is one of the strongest years ever in So Fla at the position with 3 legit ELITE backs and another one that is a cut below in B.Powell. This is the biggest fail of the recruiting cycle IMO

Great job here. Acknowledging the obvious seems to be directly related to football IQ around here. I was completely oblivious to this until you made a thread about it.

Tell me about our DT situation too while you're at it.

:ohlord:

Advertisement
Back