The Race to 300

I tried looking up his stats at IMG and it says he had .5 sacks which I know isn’t right because he had two in that game against Central.

1 vs Venice
2 vs Central
1 vs East
2 vs Toronto Prep

Those are the four games I watched myself. There's also a ton of pressures and TFL's.

If M'Pemba is a 5*, then what the fack is Wayne?

Advertisement
What
1 vs Venice
2 vs Central
1 vs East
2 vs Toronto Prep

Those are the four games I watched myself. There's also a ton of pressures and TFL's.

If M'Pemba is a 5*, then what the fack is Wayne?
I touched upon this in another thread, but Wayne isn’t a QB killer. He is a very good pass rusher but he doesn’t posses that otherworldly first step like a D Wilson or M’Pemba. That said his biggest strength is in setting the edge and against run support. It’s not as flashy but it’s equally as important. When he committed, I called him a Bama DE. A kid that will apply pressure, knock down passes and hold it down in the run game against anyone. Maybe not a double digit sack guy but an NFL talent through and through. Seeing him at 72 is wild to me.

They also dropped Bryant, Wayne, and Williams even further.

Wayne was disruptive as **** at IMG. I don't know who's mom he fingered at 247, but he's gone from top 25 to #72 overall.

It’s a joke. And I’m sorry Bain is too low still. He manhandled fkn IMG who is an all star team that alone should have made him a borderline 5 star

What

I touched upon this in another thread, but Wayne isn’t a QB killer. He is a very good pass rusher but he doesn’t posses that otherworldly first step like a D Wilson or M’Pemba. That said his biggest strength is in setting the edge and against run support. It’s not as flashy but it’s equally as important. When he committed, I called him a Bama DE. A kid that will apply pressure, knock down passes and hold it down in the run game against anyone. Maybe not a double digit sack guy but an NFL talent through and through. Seeing him at 72 is wild to me.

The difference is that he converts a lot of his pressures into hits or sacks.

He's not just an edge setter.

I do agree that he's not as explosive off the line as the others.

Advertisement
The difference is that he converts a lot of his pressures into hits or sacks.

He's not just an edge setter.

I do agree that he's not as explosive off the line as the others.

To me Bain has always been the prospect that you look back at and see 35 career sacks in 4 seasons and wonder how he was slept on coming out lol

They also dropped Bryant, Wayne, and Williams even further.

Wayne was disruptive as **** at IMG. I don't know who's mom he fingered at 247, but he's gone from top 25 to #72 overall.
Thats whats even more impressive, getting this high without the benefit of the "blue blood bump". **** we got the opposite of bump, our guys got knocked down more often than not.

If this same class was committed to Ohio St it would be rated #2 behind Alabama. 247 and the others would make sure of it by adjusting the player rankings positively.

To me Bain has always been the prospect that you look back at and see 35 career sacks in 4 seasons and wonder how he was slept on coming out lol
He is talking about Wayne in that post and in terms of Bain, I don’t see how the composite 70th player in the country is considered, slept on.

Advertisement
billy mayes GIF

Need another 5⭐️ to make it. Let’s see what happens if Hill does make it down this weekend. Don’t know if we’re on any other highly rated prospects to get us over the hump

Advertisement
Exactly. We are ecstatic about Pancake but we knew he was coming. Mario seems like he's good for (at least) one big surprise per closing period. Who knows who will come next. Maybe if Pancake is right we get some guys who decide to flip to the good guys

Advertisement
70th is slept on cause he had 28 sacks and won best player in Florida this year while 5 star Damon Wilson had 8 sacks. Bain should be much higher
Sure based on prospects you like Bain more than Wilson? Remember, Yearby starter and ran for more yards than Cook…. Still am happy and say we are lucky to have a talent like Bain a Cane though.

Advertisement
Back