The Race to 300

Would be one of the 10 best classes on paper in the last 5 years combined.

On the cusp. That means if we take another CB it‘s over 300. I mentioned that group because I think that’s the most likely scenario so far.

Add Clark to the list and we're at 299.09.
Some posters have mentioned we're trending in the right direction there. HC and lead recruiter at UL gone, too.

Advertisement
Add Clark to the list and we're at 299.09.
Some posters have mentioned we're trending in the right direction there. HC and lead recruiter at UL gone, too.

Yeah, gonna be interesting to see how close we can get. But 296, 299, whatever. This should be an incredible class just if we hold onto Cormani and add Bain and Okunlola. There will obviously be additional kids besides those 3, but if those 3 are in the class, plus whoever else we add, it's going to be one of the best classes anyone has signed in the past few years, which is incredible considering what happened on the field and what's going on with the staff.

We won't catch Bama or UGA, but I really think the ceiling for this class is #3 overall, if we get who we think we are very much in the thick of things for.

We'd have to add Okunlola, Bain, Chris Johnson, Damari Brown, Jermaine Matthews, Enow Etta, and either Mark Fletcher or Stanquan Clark to what we already have in order to hit 300.

We'd have to add Okunlola, Bain, Chris Johnson, Damari Brown, Jermaine Matthews, Enow Etta, and either Mark Fletcher or Stanquan Clark to what we already have in order to hit 300.
It ain’t an easy mark to hit… reality is that we need another 5 or close to ie Inniss or Derek Williams. Those last points are hard af to get.

Impact players matter… just did the math, and adding Samson, Bain, Derek Williams and flipping the CB from LSU gets us there.

Last edited:
It ain’t an easy mark to hit… reality is that we need another 5 or close to ie Inniss or Derek Williams. Those last points are hard af to get.

Impact players matter… just did the math, and adding Samson, Bain, Derek Williams and flipping the CB from LSU gets us there.
It's damnear asymptotal.

Advertisement

It’s a heavy weighted system which is why I laugh at the gators. Of course we have a good amount of 3 stars, but the difference makers are repeatedly top 150 guys and we have more in one class than I can remember in following this.

It’s a heavy weighted system which is why I laugh at the gators. Of course we have a good amount of 3 stars, but the difference makers are repeatedly top 150 guys and we have more in one class than I can remember in following this.
Yeah it’s a strange class. Rarely see a class with this many 3 stars in the top 5 if ever.

Advertisement
We are in a similar spot as Oklahoma and Tennessee when it comes to our ratios, hopefully the talent evaluation on the 3 stars is solid, but we have 5 guys in the top 100 and 10 in the top 200.
I looked through the other day and bama had 11 top 100 players, UGA had 7 iirc, and several others had 5 including us. If we get to 7-8 that’d be huge.

Drop Lew, add Bain.

284.39 now, good for #5 in America.

Samson on Thursday would ring the slot machine to 292.18, good for #3 in the land.

This man was born to recruit. Let him do what he does.
Add Daylen Austin who’s visiting in February. Where would it be at?

Advertisement
GIF by NBA

Advertisement
They also dropped Bryant, Wayne, and Williams even further.

Wayne was disruptive as **** at IMG. I don't know who's mom he fingered at 247, but he's gone from top 25 to #72 overall.
I tried looking up his stats at IMG and it says he had .5 sacks which I know isn’t right because he had two in that game against Central.

They also dropped Bryant, Wayne, and Williams even further.

Wayne was disruptive as **** at IMG. I don't know who's mom he fingered at 247, but he's gone from top 25 to #72 overall.

Yeah, on the 247 only rankings he was #36 in July. After the season now he’s 75th as of today. Hmmm.

Advertisement
Back