The program is DEAD and never coming back

Advertisement
Program is so dead. No coming back. But I will root for it like it’s my last breath

This is a 8-4 9-3 team for the rest of eternity. Anyone that tells you differently lives in another universe.

it’s a canes thing you wouldn’t understand is getting harder and harder to live by as the years go on. Go canes

You have a clueless President, an under-qualified AD who has no business running a major program, and a BOT who does not give a **** about winning. We're all delusional and sick in the head for tuning in every year and thinking it's just magically going to click one year

Convince me otherwise
Unfortunately your 💯 correct. We’re going on 2 decades now since relevance, stuck in mediocrity and not improving. We have been so mismanaged in the last 2 decades, there is no coming back. We haven’t even won the ****** ACC once in 17 years, never mind sniffed a National Title. We can’t even win the ACC costal, the worst division in all of P5. Good season for us now consists of beating down trodden FSU, Duke, and Ga tech but then dropping games to NC, Pitt and Virginia. This program has been dying a slow death. We have won ONE bowl game since 2006. I think it’s time to turn the lights off and pull the plug on this dead horse.

its toxic im about to stop watching im done possibly after this year bruh i cant anymore i wont support cfb anymore if it isnt fair
Program is so dead. No coming back. But I will root for it like it’s my last breath

This is a 8-4 9-3 team for the rest of eternity. Anyone that tells you differently lives in another universe.

it’s a canes thing you wouldn’t understand is getting harder and harder to live by as the years go on. Go canes

Consistent 8 and 9 win seasons would be orgasmic for the athletic dept.

I lost hope when we couldn’t win with an SEC winning coach.

Advertisement
Parity, parity, parity, parity.

I’ve been hearing parity for a while. The fact is, CFB has never been a sport of parity. It has always been the haves & the have nots. Parity is defined as the state or condition of being equal. Well, the fact is, there has never been equals in CFB.

Brothers & Sisters, I would admonish u to go back to the beginning of CFB all the way back to 1869. U will find in every single decade, there were only one to two teams that dominated that decade & u would have a team sprinkled in here or there that would win. I’m talking from Princeton, to Yale, Harvard, Michigan, Minnesota, Bama, ND, Oklahoma, SC, OSU, Nebraska, Bama, Miami.

Truth be told, we didn’t really start having parity or the perception of it from 2002 - 2008. If anything that was the anomaly. Seriously, go see how teams were racking up 4-5 titles per decade &/or playing for it, since the inception of CFB.

Our frustration is not the parity, it’s that we’re on the outside looking in, so we’re tired of seeing the same teams. Ladies & Gents, unless u were an alum back in the 60’s - 70’s, the majority of us ain’t use to being apart of the “have-nots.” We’re used to either winning this thang, playing for that thang, or vying for a big bowl game to put us in position to play for that thang the following season. Literally from 83 - 2004, that’s what we’ve been accustomed to.

Even during our dark period from 95 - 99, we were ****ed, planes flew, but we knew the circumstances for the mediocrity; Butch was coaching w/ one hand behind his back, tied; yet, we still went 4-0 in those mid-tier bowl games, at least.

Listen, call me a mope, I don’t give a Fck; I live in reality. When I see Bama, I see part admiration, part envy, and part hatred. Bama was a suck *** program from 94 - 2006. I’m talking scandals & all that. They did something about it; they hired a former Nat’l Championship coach, 4 yrs removed from his last championship to ride the wave, and said “here’s the check book, whatever u want.” I like that mentality. It makes me envious of that type of mentality. And I hate what Bama has become, BECAUSE of what I see HERE.

We’ve been a middling program from 2005-current. We had not one, not two, not three, but FOUR opportunities to right this ship before it went way, way off course. I can’t blame Bama for us hiring Randy Shannon. On December 8, 2006, we hired Randy Shannon. On November 27, 2006, Alabama hired Nick Saban, yet Saban was in our backyard, coaching at the football stadium we would call home. That 11 day difference would cause a ripple effect we wouldn’t recover from. (Strike 1)

Then we decided to hire a sub 500 G5 coach which majority of us was like, ‘who?’ Then gave this dude a premature extension for winning 9 games although getting embarrassed by UL in a bowl game (Strike 2)

Then we decided to throw the duffel at a coach who was clearly both burnt out & trending down. The dude wanted to retire, and not only did we pay him the most $ in his coaching career, but we incentivized him to coach us by allowing his unqualified son to run our QBs (Strike 3)

And when said coach showed he cared about his Alma Mater, showed he was a scholar & gentlemen by WALKING AWAY from $ left on his contract…instead of using this gift to do a thorough, vetted coaching search (u know, learn from ur mistakes), in 45 mins, we spend $7m to hire back an unproven HC, that’s been a journeyman DC his entire career, from the staff that just failed. (Strike 4)

Man, miss me w/ the parity chit. We created this paradigm shift. We did this. This is our punishment for incompetence. As a fan, I want to win National titles, but folks give me some ACCCG’s. Give me some NY6 games. Give us something to build upon to show we r moving in the right direction.

While we celebrate a 1st rounder or two every blue moon, checking the 53 man roster to see how many fringe players r still playing, these kids r looking at who’s playing for Conference Titles, CFP spots, National Titles, and what school is providing the most 1st - 3rd round picks, b/c those r the guaranteed roster spots.

Anyways, this is my last rant. I just get tired of this narrative. There has never been parity, and we willingly gave up our seat at the table. Those r the harsh realities.

You have a clueless President, an under-qualified AD who has no business running a major program, and a BOT who does not give a **** about winning. We're all delusional and sick in the head for tuning in every year and thinking it's just magically going to click one year

Convince me otherwise
"Convince me otherwise"

I can't.

Our national championship winning days are over...but fvck at least we should still be good enough to win the coastal.

Last edited:
Parity, parity, parity, parity.

I’ve been hearing parity for a while. The fact is, CFB has never been a sport of parity. It has always been the haves & the have nots. Parity is defined as the state or condition of being equal. Well, the fact is, there has never been equals in CFB.

Brothers & Sisters, I would admonish u to go back to the beginning of CFB all the way back to 1869. U will find in every single decade, there were only one to two teams that dominated that decade & u would have a team sprinkled in here or there that would win. I’m talking from Princeton, to Yale, Harvard, Michigan, Minnesota, Bama, ND, Oklahoma, SC, OSU, Nebraska, Bama, Miami.

Truth be told, we didn’t really start having parity or the perception of it from 2002 - 2008. If anything that was the anomaly. Seriously, go see how teams were racking up 4-5 titles per decade &/or playing for it, since the inception of CFB.

Our frustration is not the parity, it’s that we’re on the outside looking in, so we’re tired of seeing the same teams. Ladies & Gents, unless u were an alum back in the 60’s - 70’s, the majority of us ain’t use to being apart of the “have-nots.” We’re used to either winning this thang, playing for that thang, or vying for a big bowl game to put us in position to play for that thang the following season. Literally from 83 - 2004, that’s what we’ve been accustomed to.

Even during our dark period from 95 - 99, we were ****ed, planes flew, but we knew the circumstances for the mediocrity; Butch was coaching w/ one hand behind his back, tied; yet, we still went 4-0 in those mid-tier bowl games, at least.

Listen, call me a mope, I don’t give a Fck; I live in reality. When I see Bama, I see part admiration, part envy, and part hatred. Bama was a suck *** program from 94 - 2006. I’m talking scandals & all that. They did something about it; they hired a former Nat’l Championship coach, 4 yrs removed from his last championship to ride the wave, and said “here’s the check book, whatever u want.” I like that mentality. It makes me envious of that type of mentality. And I hate what Bama has become, BECAUSE of what I see HERE.

We’ve been a middling program from 2005-current. We had not one, not two, not three, but FOUR opportunities to right this ship before it went way, way off course. I can’t blame Bama for us hiring Randy Shannon. On December 8, 2006, we hired Randy Shannon. On November 27, 2006, Alabama hired Nick Saban, yet Saban was in our backyard, coaching at the football stadium we would call home. That 11 day difference would cause a ripple effect we wouldn’t recover from. (Strike 1)

Then we decided to hire a sub 500 G5 coach which majority of us was like, ‘who?’ Then gave this dude a premature extension for winning 9 games although getting embarrassed by UL in a bowl game (Strike 2)

Then we decided to throw the duffel at a coach who was clearly both burnt out & trending down. The dude wanted to retire, and not only did we pay him the most $ in his coaching career, but we incentivized him to coach us by allowing his unqualified son to run our QBs (Strike 3)

And when said coach showed he cared about his Alma Mater, showed he was a scholar & gentlemen by WALKING AWAY from $ left on his contract…instead of using this gift to do a thorough, vetted coaching search (u know, learn from ur mistakes), in 45 mins, we spend $7m to hire back an unproven HC, that’s been a journeyman DC his entire career, from the staff that just failed. (Strike 4)

Man, miss me w/ the parity chit. We created this paradigm shift. We did this. This is our punishment for incompetence. As a fan, I want to win National titles, but folks give me some ACCCG’s. Give me some NY6 games. Give us something to build upon to show we r moving in the right direction.

While we celebrate a 1st rounder or two every blue moon, checking the 53 man roster to see how many fringe players r still playing, these kids r looking at who’s playing for Conference Titles, CFP spots, National Titles, and what school is providing the most 1st - 3rd round picks, b/c those r the guaranteed roster spots.

Anyways, this is my last rant. I just get tired of this narrative. There has never been parity, and we willingly gave up our seat at the table. Those r the harsh realities.
"And when said coach showed he cared about his Alma Mater, showed he was a scholar & gentlemen by WALKING AWAY from $ left on his contract…instead of using this gift to do a thorough, vetted coaching search (u know, learn from ur mistakes), in 45 mins, we spend $7m to hire back an unproven HC, that’s been a journeyman DC his entire career, from the staff that just failed. (Strike 4)"

BINGO!!

Administration is LAZY.
They have proven this in every coaching search we have had.

"And when said coach showed he cared about his Alma Mater, showed he was a scholar & gentlemen by WALKING AWAY from $ left on his contract…instead of using this gift to do a thorough, vetted coaching search (u know, learn from ur mistakes), in 45 mins, we spend $7m to hire back an unproven HC, that’s been a journeyman DC his entire career, from the staff that just failed. (Strike 4)"

BINGO!!

Administration is LAZY.
They have proven this in every coaching search we have had.
You can’t make that **** up mane..Crazy! Don’t forget how Miami already had experience dealing with hiring within a failed regime. Incompetence on soo many levels…

Advertisement
You can’t make that **** up mane..Crazy! Don’t forget how Miami already had experience dealing with hiring within a failed regime. Incompetence on soo many levels…

That’s y I don’t get the bag argument. Brethren, we have caused our own demise from a complete Athletic standpoint. Look at our Football, Baseball, Basketball, T&F programs. When Blake brags about Golf & Tennis, we have a serious problem.

Its Dead Jim.jpg

Our esteemed athletic directors best move was to hire a burnt out Mark Richt; who had to donate money out of his own pocket so the program could march bravely into the 2000's and have an indoor practice facility.

...Is it any wonder why schools leave us in a cloud of dust?

Diaz out of Shannon, Golden, and Richt, probably has the most potential with his ability to adapt and not be overly stubborn. Is he the guy? I really don't know. Maybe he's the guy before The Guy.

The school won't pony up the money, and while a 4 banger can beat a Hellcat in a drag race; smart money is on the Hellcat. We are an overachieving small school, in a mediocre conference, with a mediocre budget. Yes, we are in a hotbed of talent in South Florida. Yes, Miami is party city, and Fort Lauderdale is not far to drive for spring break.

But its awfully hard to get kids to stay when they are thrown cars, cash and winning programs with elite coaching staffs.

Convince me otherwise
When Rhett lashlee ran the ball on 3rd and 7 i knew we had no chance

Advertisement
Advertisement
Listen the school doesn't care about a winning football team. The school cares about the income stream from having a nationally branded college football team. So we can scream FIRE MANNY, FIRE BLAKE all we want. And maybe it happens? But what about the past twenty years makes you think the next HC won't be another CokerShannonGoldenRichtDiaz amalgamation? The University of Miami football program is the drunk guy at the bar trying to sooth the pain of the fact that his greatest days are behind him. I am just happy I was born in 70's and witnessed it all! I would hate to be a millennial who's only way to witness it is through YouTube videos.

Until the NCAA stops turning a blind eye to the Bama, Clemson, UGA, OSU, etc of the world paying through their teeth for recruits, there is quite literally no chance for the rest of CFB. The gap between the top teams in CFB and everyone else is mind boggling.
In2021 there were 35 5 star ranked players according to 247 Sports. Bama and OSU combined for 14 of those alone. Sprinkle in UGA, Clemson and LSU and it was 23 out of a possible 35 or 66% of all available 5* players to just 5 schools. Couple this with inept coaching, crappy AD/BOT not willing to FULLY invest in the football team on our end and you get to where we are today with no indication it’ll change anytime soon. We’ll be able to compete for coastals yearly but nothing more until the NCAA does something about the same 5-6 schools outspending everyone else.

The anger within isn't that the program is dead, or lack of parity. It's that UM looks completely inept in big games. Lost, out of place it you will. That's the empty feeling in the pit of our stomachs. The blowout losses is unacceptable. As a fan, you want to win, always. That's a given. But when you lose, at least walk out with your head held high and not stuck up your AZZES!

I've said it 1,000x's and I'll say it again. It's ACCCG or Bust. This is it for Diaz. We don't get there this year with this team and it's going to take years, if ever.

Advertisement
Back