The program is DEAD and never coming back

Advertisement
Pour out a lil Liquor for the Wizards. ITS OVA

We are a has been.

Just a corpse being paraded around at this point. Not a soul in charger either knows how to win or cares too much about winning.

We are in year 6 of Manny being here and year 3 of his tenure as coach, and people will shrug off being humiliated like it's nothing.

The bar has been lowered to levels I never thought I'd see at a once premier program. The expectations of the administration have finally set in on most fans and most will just clap and say "a lot of football left to play" and not realize a program like Miami getting destroyed like that would've at one point in time been unacceptable.

Miami is amateur hour from top to bottom. Mom and pop shop, Mickey Mouse bullshlt run operation that deserves to get humiliated whenever they take the field.

All we have now is an ESPN doc and blurry old highlights. We are Nebraska south.

Going by UMs resources and league affiliation, focus should logically be on basketball. Only takes a top coach and a handful of good players to excel there.

Looking at those packed student sections at big state university-paid for on campus stadiums around the country (and comparing those to our relatively paltry crowds and stadium 30 miles away) just points out how far behind the curve we are in big time football. today.
Those states are paying for those football programmes, not the fans in attendance.

You only have to look at LSU - their library was in ruins at the same time they opened brand new football training facilities. They only care about one thing - we're not on their level and we won't ever be. Football is a religion to them.

Advertisement
I don’t entirely agree with the OP. But I’m too emotionally tired to answer appropriately. All I will say is that Miami has a chance to come back. And that it’s in Manny’s hands.

You have a clueless President, an under-qualified AD who has no business running a major program, and a BOT who does not give a **** about winning. We're all delusional and sick in the head for tuning in every year and thinking it's just magically going to click one year

Convince me otherwise
You’re wrong… the product on the field is a reflection not of a clueless bot or ad, but of the resources allocated to it. This is what they’ve decided the team will be… a good acc team. Not a national contender.

Miami isn’t supposed to compete with Alabama or Clemson, they’re supposed to compete with Vt and uva. That’s it. They shouldn’t be scheduling teams that clearly operate on a different level.

Yes, the program is Dead. It will not come back.
The NCAA wanted us gone anyway.
We are beyond fixing at this point.

Advertisement
You have a clueless President, an under-qualified AD who has no business running a major program, and a BOT who does not give a **** about winning. We're all delusional and sick in the head for tuning in every year and thinking it's just magically going to click one year

Convince me otherwise
I think Hogan, the post right below your OP has the answer. The deck is stacked my brother.

Nebraska has all the money in the world and is still irrelevant. Try to keep things in perspective. We are At least more alive then they are

Bama. They stack their roster as we fill ours. Not like we are going to come if last season and just beat the best team in the country.

Its a different playing field and Miami isn't anywhere close. We can be much better than what we saw today with some changes at the top. I refuse to believe we can't at least be a competent program. Just need to find the right people.

Advertisement
Nebraska has all the money in the world and is still irrelevant. Try to keep things in perspective. We are At least more alive then they are

Both programs are a shell of their former self bro. In this sport without resource allocation, you don't even have a chance of competing for championships. Look at the handful of teams that are in the playoffs yr in, & yr out. The issue is this low IQ fanbase continues to overrate our recruiting base & strengths, while underrating our weaknesses, which are way more important btw. This in turn is creating the chasm between slurpers & mopes. Smh

Last edited:
Advertisement
I’m usually all against playoff expansion but it MAY expand the same 4-5 to same 10 ish with a few outliers. We might walk *** backwards into an outlier qualification once in awhile

This is true. Though I guess it could come back.

I can say with certainty that we’re are not even close to competing with Bama. This incremental improvement narrative we are being fed is complete nonsense. Either it happens or it doesn’t. And it’s not happening. We’re nowhere on the cusp of having the dominant line of scrimmage needed to compete where we want to compete.

McCloud playing so many snaps is evidence that we probably won’t win more than 10 games.
We are not winning 10 games! I repeat we are not winning ten games with manure as our fearful leader! We’ve done it once in our 17 years in the acc with a hall of fame coach burned or or not and it also took multiple miracle endings for us to do it. It will be a cold day in **** with manure does that! Smh

Getting or missing on Stewart, Lucas, Wesley, and Kelly will let fans know if Miami is serious about football. Those guys come with high price tags. Miami gets them then there is a little hope.

To win in college football you have to pay for the ballers. Miami has been cheap and non committed for too long. That **** is old now.

Advertisement
Back