The program is DEAD and never coming back

Problem2

All-American
Premium
You have a clueless President, an under-qualified AD who has no business running a major program, and a BOT who does not give a **** about winning. We're all delusional and sick in the head for tuning in every year and thinking it's just magically going to click one year

Convince me otherwise

Advertisement
College Football is dead altogether. ESPN literally put up a graphic showing how two teams are beating it up for the past five years.

Parity in this sport has disappeared altogether. Its Bama, Clemson and then, its everybody else. And the amount of movement is slim. Theres no hope for other teams to win a title when Alabama is at the top. Its a different sport and it sucks complete ***.

Advertisement
Not dead, but we’ll probably never be back at the top. It’s all about money now. The top teams all pour millions into their football programs. The University of Miami will never do that. We can be a Top 25 team, but you see the same handful of schools compete for titles each year, and we won’t be one of them.

You have a clueless President, an under-qualified AD who has no business running a major program, and a BOT who does not give a **** about winning. We're all delusional and sick in the head for tuning in every year and thinking it's just magically going to click one year

Convince me otherwise

Sadly, I have to agree with you. our only shot is hitting the lottery with a young up and coming coach. But even then, they would be hired away I’m sure. We are a perennial 8-10 win team, stuck in the Oklahoma st type stratosphere

Advertisement
Going by UMs resources and league affiliation, focus should logically be on basketball. Only takes a top coach and a handful of good players to excel there.

Looking at those packed student sections at big state university-paid for on campus stadiums around the country (and comparing those to our relatively paltry crowds and stadium 30 miles away) just points out how far behind the curve we are in big time football. today.

Going by UMs resources and league affiliation, focus should logically be on basketball. Only takes a top coach and a handful of good players to excel there.

Looking at those packed student sections at big state university-paid for on campus stadiums around the country (and comparing those to our relatively paltry crowds and stadium 30 miles away) just points out how far behind the curve we are in big time football. today.
Hire Rick Pitino and problem solved.

College Football is dead altogether. ESPN literally put up a graphic showing how two teams are beating it up for the past five years.

Parity in this sport has disappeared altogether. Its Bama, Clemson and then, its everybody else. And the amount of movement is slim. Theres no hope for other teams to win a title when Alabama is at the top. Its a different sport and it sucks complete ***.
Parity is gone because there is no salary cap. The top teams spend the most, give the most illegal benefits, and the NCAA is complicit in it. We will be back when we are willing to get dirty.

Advertisement

Convince me otherwise
How about just tune in and root for your team realizing what they are.

Advertisement

this, it was four teams, I don't understand how they are getting away with what they are.

How about shut the **** up
external-content.duckduckgo.jpg

This is true. Though I guess it could come back.

I can say with certainty that we’re are not even close to competing with Bama. This incremental improvement narrative we are being fed is complete nonsense. Either it happens or it doesn’t. And it’s not happening. We’re nowhere on the cusp of having the dominant line of scrimmage needed to compete where we want to compete.

McCloud playing so many snaps is evidence that we probably won’t win more than 10 games.

Advertisement
Back