The problem is simple...

Recruiting classes are overrated. So we have 3 4 star QBs... what does that prove? We have a 5 star RB.. injured. What does that prove? Nothing. We have a 2 star OT starting. We have a few 4 start WRs... what does that mean if our QB can't get the ball to them?

Again, recruiting classes are vastly overrated.

Recruiting numbers may be overrated but you know what’s massively underrated?

Player development.

Teams that get players with potential in their system for years and then have them starting in their junior or senior seasons (after 3-4 years of development) have an advantage over highly rated high schoolers being forced to play significant snaps.

Outside of a handful of players no such experienced developed players exist in this program.

Advertisement
Recruiting numbers may be overrated but you know what’s massively underrated?

Player development.

Teams that get players with potential in their system for years and then have them starting in their junior or senior seasons (after 3-4 years of development) have an advantage over highly rated high schoolers being forced to play significant snaps.

Outside of a handful of players no such experienced developed players exist in this program.

Totally agree. I feel our player development has been some of the worst in football. Most of our coaches are young. At least Enos came from Alabama and Diaz from Texas so they've seen good coaching around them. Not sure what Richt and Golden were doing.. but our players were absolutely not developing. In fact, Kaaya regressed as did Kyle Wright and Jacorey Harris.

You really are stupid. Recruiting starts when these kids are sophmores / juniors in high school. I"ll stop.. obviously dealing with a mental midget. Move on...
No **** it starts as freshman and sophomores dumb@$$! But it was Diaz’s job to re-evaluate all of them when he got the job and decide who was a take or not. And he decided that all three linebackers were a take, so if there not up to par, guess what, it’s ******* Diaz’s fault. But again I’m talking to mental midget here that’s probably still in highschool so what’s the point. Don’t they teach you kids anything in school anymore? Lol get lost fool!

Have you been paying attention to our drafts the last few years? Lucky to get a 5th round pick these days...
Don’t get me wrong I think we overrate our talent all the time but we consistently get late round picks and UDFA that make rosters and contribute.

That’s more than you can say for the overwhelming majority of our competition was my point

Advertisement
No **** it starts as freshman and sophomores dumb@$$! But it was Diaz’s job to re-evaluate all of them when he got the job and decide who was a take or not. And he decided that all three linebackers were a take, so if there not up to par, guess what, it’s ******* Diaz’s fault. But again I’m talking to mental midget here that’s probably still in highschool so what’s the point. Don’t they teach you kids anything in school anymore? Lol get lost fool!

I really hope you’re joking around because no one can be this ignorant can they? So yeah, let a new DC that’s been on the job for a few months yank scholarship offers from kids that had been recruited for several years. Right. So in a few months pull scholarships and magically offer them to... who? He wasn’t even in the recruiting cycle.

You’re obviously joking around because again, no one can be that naive or that ignorant.

I am not going to pretend I know what the problem is but safe to say that we do not have the 18th most talented team as suggested by 247.

Those that say coaching is the problem have a great argument but to say that is the only problem is to be blind to the obvious talent issues we also have.

Why should we have to name players that would start on our past teams? Our former teams have some of the best players to ever play the game.

You say talent. Ok is wake forest more talented than miami?

Coaches recruit players.
Coaches develop players.
Coaches call plays to the strength of the talent they do have to maximize win potential.
Coaches motivate or bench those players who are not executing or showing the effort they require.

But it's not the coaches.

These offensive coaches did not recruit these players. Most of the players they did recruit were last minute pick ups.
There are only so many Max protect calls in a play book. At a point you need your two and three year starters to just make a play. Scaife and Donaldson got beat bad this week.
Your idea of benching guys makes sense in the pros. But when your trotting obviously unready OL out there I can’t imagine the guys behind are very good at all.
It takes more than one winter to develop OL.

There is always plenty of blame to go around when things go bad. But this whole fire everyone mentality is the real problem in my opinion. When everyone around is screaming the coaches suck eventually the kids hear it and it permeates the locker room. Please don’t mistake this as a pass for the coaches. I’m just a person who believes every coach deserves three years to implement their system and get their recruits in place.

Advertisement
Why should we have to name players that would start on our past teams? Our former teams have some of the best players to ever play the game.

The recruit rankings may not say they are more talented but there’s no ranking for work ethic, intelligence, and heart. All things we seem to lack at least one of. How else do you explain all the penalties? False starts, holding, PI, that’s all players.

Now play action on third and thirteen, safety blitz on 4th and 17. Yeah that’s a terrible play call.

You say talent. Ok is wake forest more talented than miami?

Advertisement
Yeah this program consistently gets better recruiting classes than all but 10-25 teams and then gets the results of a top 50-75 team. At some point this program needs to establish a culture and focus and follow through on it.

I’d be fine with missing out on every South Florida stud for the next ten years if this team could establish a way to just consistently play at its talent level. This team talent-wise is a top 25 team easily.

It’s a joke that this program can’t even play up to its talent level let alone play above it like so many other programs (anyone watch Wisconsin rape Michigan?).
Yeah it’s the same thing we’ve been saying for 15+ years now. I’m not expecting top 5 classes year in and out but my word, we always outrecruit the teams we play for the most part but don’t live up to it.

At some point you just admit it’s broken

Advertisement
The problem is very basic. We are not very talented. That's it. We have a good QB, good RBs, a good TE and maybe a DE and FS. Everyone else is very average or poor. I don't blame our coaches... I blame our overall talent level or our ability to develop talent.

Name a few players on this team that would start for our teams of the past? Maybe Jordan? Maybe Jarren Williams. Who else? I'd be willing to bet most of our lineup wouldn't even see the playing field on any top 10 team in the country.

Our DL is uninspired, LBs overrated, secondary is inexperienced and young.

Our OL is awful and maybe the worst in our history, our WRs are inexperienced and overrated, our RBs and TEs are legit.

QB is legit.

Additionally, we're not very intelligent with stupid penalties over and over again...

This is not on Diaz or Enos. They're doing what they can with the ingredients that have... True Fresh QB, historically bad OL slow defense.

We need to give these coaches time to recruit and get Miami speed back into the program.

The best post I’ve seen on this board! This guy clearly watches & understand football! Recruit better & you win it’s simple!

Recruiting classes are overrated. So we have 3 4 star QBs... what does that prove? We have a 5 star RB.. injured. What does that prove? Nothing. We have a 2 star OT starting. We have a few 4 start WRs... what does that mean if our QB can't get the ball to them?

Again, recruiting classes are vastly overrated.

You must be new to the “UM excuse propaganda army”. This **** has been said over and over for a decade to excuse every miserable hire this BOT has made.

Totally agree. I feel our player development has been some of the worst in football. Most of our coaches are young. At least Enos came from Alabama and Diaz from Texas so they've seen good coaching around them. Not sure what Richt and Golden were doing.. but our players were absolutely not developing. In fact, Kaaya regressed as did Kyle Wright and Jacorey Harris.

Diaz has never been around good coaching his entire career. Texas was a dumpster fire and he got kicked out he was so inept.

And if your solution to this is recruiting, then we definitely hired the wrong man bc Diaz is terrible at it.

We have 2 five stars on this roster & one is a transfer from UCLA lmao. You guys really expecting ACC championships & beating Clemson? Lol get a grip on life! Once we’re back to recruiting at a national level we’ll be back! Until then stop with all the crying

Advertisement
Back