The offense looks better under NKosi even when it’s struggling

If you're going to bash Perry, then why don't you mentioned the THREE passes his receiver's DROPPED in the first-half. And all three dropped passes would have EXTENDED drives! dUh In other words, it's just not a one-way street, bUbba. hUh
I know perry managed the game well..but let’s not act like we are 5-0 with perry starting..that’s foolish..so that’s why I made a foolish statement. Perry played well but let’s stop making excuses on plays he missed, or blaming others for not making certain plays in order to elevate perry

Advertisement
I think it’s clear both have their weaknesses, and neither one is obviously better than the other.

IMO Perry provides a bit more of an x-factor based on the circumstance of our shoddy Oline, meaning he seems more capable of avoiding pressure and making plays with his feet
. And he’s a little more erratic with a strong arm, so more risk/reward.

Williams looks a bit more steady/reliable, less risk less reward.

With our Oline I’m inclined to go Perry. But it’s not as simple as “Perry made the plays when needed last night.” Maybe Williams hits more passes and we’re up by more so don’t need the late TD. Who knows?

This flat out makes him the better QB. Williams is not on Perry level. We take multiple sacks if Williams plays last night.

Advertisement
N’Kosi don’t care about having built in excuses bc of the oline, Enos, dropped passes, and a couple of missed throws.

He still carried the team to victory with limited time of possession... we played right into UVas game plan and won.

Compare the time of possession to how long Miami had the ball against Florida and North Carolina... NKosi would’ve blown out Florida and UNC if he was the QB. Despite The excuses.

N’Kosi don’t care about having built in excuses to lose.... he believes he can win regardless.

Facts bro. These azzholes refuse to give the young man his credit. Always backhanded compliments. " he played well but Williams is hurt" "he's OK but he needs more touch" " last year he.... " "he almost threw a pic" "hes not great but he will due for now" " he makes people miss and elevates the offense despite drops and bad oline but jarren is the future".

They refuse to give him credit because they counted him out; now he's proving them wrong and nitpicking every little thing to avoid singing his praises.

Dude is the best QB on the roster and the entire team knows it.

Guarantee every DC on Miami schedule would rather see Jarren start over Perry.

Vegas knew what was up.

N’Kosi don’t care about having built in excuses bc of the oline, Enos, dropped passes, and a couple of missed throws.

He still carried the team to victory with limited time of possession... we played right into UVas game plan and won.

Compare the time of possession to how long Miami had the ball against Florida and North Carolina... NKosi would’ve blown out Florida and UNC if he was the QB. Despite The excuses.

N’Kosi don’t care about having built in excuses to lose.... he believes he can win regardless.

Agreed! I think Perry has the ability to make something out of nothing.. pocket breaks down and he can still turn it into a positive. JW gets sacked every single time... no pocket awareness and takes him longer to process information.

My point is not to bash perry..jarren dealt with sacks and drops too. But some (perry fans) ppl wasn’t giving jarren that excuse..so why make them for perry? Just to elevate him above jarren? To make a statement like “jarren would’ve got us blown out vs UVA” is just Krazy
My knocks on jarren is he holds the ball too long, he takes too many sacks because he holds the ball and is slow making decisions, and i think he is a little too conservative.

My point is not to bash perry..jarren dealt with sacks and drops too. But some (perry fans) ppl wasn’t giving jarren that excuse..so why make them for perry? Just to elevate him above jarren? To make a statement like “jarren would’ve got us blown out vs UVA” is just Krazy

Fans don't need to do any of that. Film elevates Perry over Williams.

Perry flat out better in every facet. I'm sure Roffers and Marciante agree.

Advertisement
Ultimately a QB is judge by W vs L. Williams is 2-2 and Perry is 1-1. Williams has 2 Ls to power 5 teams and Ws against BCU and CMU. If Perry starts vs VT he’s 2-0 in the ACC

He’s not flat out better in every facet but he is better in some areas.

Please enlighten me on what Williams can do better than Perry?

Cuz I can type a dissertation on what Perry can do better than Williams.

Starting with IMPROVISATIONS.

Please enlighten me on what Williams can do better than Perry?

Cuz I can type a dissertation on what Perry can do better than Williams.

Starting with IMPROVISATIONS.
Accuracy and being a more consistent passer from play to play for one. Right now perry is better to me in alluding the rush for sure and knowing when to take off and run. Both have issues though and need to continue to get better.

Advertisement
I think OP accidentally has a valid point. Perry seems better at running scramble-ball than Williams. Given that about half of our offensive plays will break down due to the O line, that means that roughly 50% of our plays will require some form of scramble-ball.

I thought Williams had plenty of opportunities to pick up some productive yards running in the uf and UNC games. Perry seems more adept and making the decision to pull the ball and run.

Advertisement
Perry is better at avoiding the rush, I think we can all agree on that, which maybe means he should get the start. But I’ve seen nothing that shows me he’s a better passer than JW. Jarren had a really bad game vs Va Tech, it happens. But up until that, he had been incredibly efficient. Again, it’s not like Perry set the world on fire last night. But the one thing this offense needs is a QB who can tuck it an run. JW and/or Perry should do that more often.

OL is bad, so that gives Perry a partial pass. But how is it that UVA's QB could avoid the rush by running for 1st downs and Perry couldn't. Is UVA's QB faster and stronger than Perry? And then there are the inaccurate passes already mentioned. Receivers dropped some, but Perry flat out missed on others. Even Perry knew he missed on the post to KJ. Just look at his reaction. Perry might or might not be the best QB on the team, but none of them have shown the ability to make big plays on a consistent basis. They struggle to win games instead putting daggers in the opponent's chest. Perhaps, it is poor QB coaching. Maybe poor recruiting. In a game that has become QB-centered, you cannot pretend to be top 10 without a future NFL player at QB. So far, I don't see a NFL future for any of UM's QBs.

Perry got saved by the defense, The defense failed Williams, William put us in a position to win every game we played except VT , the defense dropped the ball, now that Manny back on the defense they finally played like that should

Bingo. The defense gave up 9 points. If the defense does that in 3 other games, we’re sitting pretty. Some offensive woes are to be expected. But, our defense shouldn’t be busting as much as it has....

Advertisement
Back