The OC Candidates Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Hendrix went backstage after a Chicago concert in 1969, and told Terry Kath, you're the Greatest Guitarist I've ever heard. You can Google the subject and read it yourself.
He said the same thing about Phil Keaggy lol, I think he just had respect for these guys, it's not literal. Even then, Hendrix's word doesn't make it true.

The Black Album alone should get Metallica on most people's top 10, but careful with appeals to album sales. The ******* Backstreet Boys sold over 130 million records.

That’s the truth!!

Granted, the BSB’s were the most popular boy group ever so they sold a lot of records to a particular demographic but I really wouldn’t call them a band.

Metallica isn’t even one my favorite bands and their drummer is annoying AF but any musically inclined person knows they’re far from being the most over rated band ever!

Advertisement
Well, something crazy just happened in the NBA world, so if Mario wants to sneakily announce something, the perfect moment would be... now.

Advertisement
... and Al Di Meola, Bill Frisell & Guthrie Govan
my man lol GIF by Steve Harvey TV

Tommy can at least recreate the record live.
Anyone could recreate Tommy live.. dun chi dun chi dun chi.. repeat. I don't care if he does it upside down or not. I'm not saying Lars is good, I'm saying tommy is as simple as it gets. He puts on a good show tho.

A few more Great Guitarists.....
Allen Collins of Skynyrd
Billy Gibbons ZZ Top
Scott Gorman, Brian Robertson and Gary Moore- Thin Lizzy
Malmsteen
Rudolph Schenker Scorpions
Michael Shenker UFO
If we’re throwing in Malmsteen. We have to mention Joe Satriani

Advertisement
I'm dragging my travel trailer down with some friends. We'll be in the turn 4 camping area from Wednesday to Monday. Festival is at the Daytona race track. I went to Epicenter a few years back and had a great time, even the pre concert just for campers was a lot of fun. I like camping because you can come and go from the concert as you see fit.. so I can go back to the camper and chill, get my bearings straight, grab something to eat or drink, or drop of merch. It's a good time if you aren't into this type of music.

Welcome to Rockville
enjoy, not my type of camping, but you have a good game plan. i camp on small islands in the bahamas. i don't do it enough because most of my fishing friends are a bunch of snobs and prefer a hotel, but whatever.

Advertisement
And on technical ability today there probably isn't a better guitar player than Guthrie Govan. Shawn Lane before him, RIP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back