The OC Candidates Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
He gonna get traded before we have an OC?

Awesome Love It GIF by Uninterrupted
We have our answer.

Advertisement
Best "Live" Guitarists I saw on a particular Song in Concert.
EVH in 1979 (Eruption)
Gilmour 1977 Pigs 3 different ones
Allen Collins 1977 Freebird
Mickey Moody- Whitesnake, Still of the Night 1986

- If we are offering 2 million for our OC, and the candidate pool is withered down to Candle and few others we have a serious problem.

Several assumptions here. Are we actually offering 2 million? Seems likely but I don’t know that for a fact.

Is the candidate pool smaller because the Miami job is considered a greater risk than other jobs, especially a greater risk to a future career? That’s possible.

What happened to our last four offensive coordinators. One was able to parlay his time here and to a step up in his career. That’s good. What happened to the other three?

So the candidate pool may be smaller, there’s also speculation that Mario is a workaholic and expects the same, maybe that’s a factor.

There’s the abominable season we had last year that may also narrow the pools of candidates down. We are certainly not in the type of position a school like Alabama or Georgia is in, were you can be baseline competent and not fall flat on your face.

I would say it’s likely that the candidate pool is smaller. It would only make sense, but so what? Is there anything that can be done about it now? Are there only certain offensive coordinator candidates that can succeed here next year? That’s where I’m going to speculate, and say no.

I don’t care what type of offense they run, it’s just important that it’s someone that is able to use our current talent and maximize our offensive production. I really don’t give a **** if it’s a pistol, air raid, or some type of a hybrid offense, or any type of offense. Just maximize the talent we have, so that we can get the best possible offensive production from the talent that we actually have.

I give no no ***** about making message board splash with a high profile hire.

- We have a recruiter CEO type that needs to knock both coordinators out of the park and no one wants to work for him to be paid top-notch?

“Knock both coordinators out of the park“ is just messageboard hyperbole. Read the previous comments.

I don’t give three ***** about message board, splash, or people like you jumping up and down. In the end it’s going to be who is going to maximize the talent that we have on both sides of the ball, to maximize our potential wins for next year. That’s all I care about. It’s absurd to think that there are not people out there that can do that.
Good stuff man

I think one of the most frustrating parts of last season was it felt like our coaches were trying to fit square pegs into round holes across the board

Yes our talent was lacking but nothing felt like we were being put in a position to succeed either

That’s a super general blanket statement though and I’m sure there’s nuance to it

Advertisement
Hey guys, it’s difficult to read this thread. What’s the latest rumor in the search and what have our insiders said? Thank you all

Advertisement
- If we are offering 2 million for our OC, and the candidate pool is withered down to Candle and few others we have a serious problem.

Several assumptions here. Are we actually offering 2 million? Seems likely but I don’t know that for a fact.

Is the candidate pool smaller because the Miami job is considered a greater risk than other jobs, especially a greater risk to a future career? That’s possible.

What happened to our last four offensive coordinators. One was able to parlay his time here and to a step up in his career. That’s good. What happened to the other three?

So the candidate pool may be smaller, there’s also speculation that Mario is a workaholic and expects the same, maybe that’s a factor.

There’s the abominable season we had last year that may also narrow the pools of candidates down. We are certainly not in the type of position a school like Alabama or Georgia is in, were you can be baseline competent and not fall flat on your face.

I would say it’s likely that the candidate pool is smaller. It would only make sense, but so what? Is there anything that can be done about it now? Are there only certain offensive coordinator candidates that can succeed here next year? That’s where I’m going to speculate, and say no.

I don’t care what type of offense they run, it’s just important that it’s someone that is able to use our current talent and maximize our offensive production. I really don’t give a **** if it’s a pistol, air raid, or some type of a hybrid offense, or any type of offense. Just maximize the talent we have, so that we can get the best possible offensive production from the talent that we actually have.

- We have a recruiter CEO type that needs to knock both coordinators out of the park and no one wants to work for him to be paid top-notch?

“Knock both coordinators out of the park“ is just messageboard hyperbole. Read the previous comments.

I don’t give three ***** about message board, splash, or people like you jumping up and down. In the end it’s going to be who is going to maximize the talent that we have on both sides of the ball, to maximize our potential wins for next year. That’s all I care about. It’s absurd to think that there are not people out there that can do that.
"What happened to our last four offensive coordinators. One was able to parlay his time here and to a step up in his career. That’s good. What happened to the other three?"

Wanna hear some crazy ****?

The 6 OCs prior Gattis have all either been a HC or OC* at least once since leaving Miami. You'd have to go all the way back to Pat Nix to find an OC as undesirable as Gattis. (*Thomas Brown is interviewing for NFL OC positions)

2022 Gattis
The definition of trash

2020-2021 Rhett Lashlee
HC at SMU

2019 Dan Enos
2020 Cincinnati Associate HC
2021-2022 Maryland OC
2023 Arkansas OC

2016-2018 Thomas Brown
LA Rams Assistant HC RB/TE
Has interviewed for NFL OC positions this offseason with the Chargers, Cowboys, and Commanders

Even Coley managed to land another OC position (Georgia 2019) after leaving
Same with Jedd Fisch, who became OC for the Jaguars and at UCLA
Same with Mark Whipple, who was OC for Pitt and Nebraska

Advertisement

God bless you, sir.

Those Angry Ibis porsts are terrible.

Hey guys, it’s difficult to read this thread. What’s the latest rumor in the search and what have our insiders said? Thank you all

Insiders have said scientists are going to achieve commercially viable nuclear fusion before Cristobal hires an OC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back