The OC Candidates Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Insiders have said scientists are going to achieve commercially viable nuclear fusion before Cristobal hires an OC.
Scientists have also found out people cant accurately detect whether someones flirting with them in over 50% of the cases.

That explains a ******* lot

Advertisement
Advertisement
Best "Live" Guitarists I saw on a particular Song in Concert.
EVH in 1979 (Eruption)
Gilmour 1977 Pigs 3 different ones
Allen Collins 1977 Freebird
Mickey Moody- Whitesnake, Still of the Night 1986
I think Vandenburg did touring duties for the Whitesnake album that year, after kicking out John Sykes who tracked 99.9% of the album.

Advertisement
Scientists have also found out people cant accurately detect whether someones flirting with them in over 50% of the cases.

That explains a ******* lot
Not justifying it.....but this could be a rationale for the "show em what your working with" mindset. Might be considered unambiguous and efficient.

I look at him more as a song writer than a guitar virtuoso.
Agreed. It may have been the Stern interview or somewhere else but I think he asserted that it kinda bothered him that people have dismissed his guitar abilities and then a whole debate came out of that.

Reactions: 88
Go watch the Guitarist from Leonid & Friends on YOUTUBE on the cover of 25 or 6 to 4....and Holler back
I watched it. First off, song is a great song. Secondly, they knocked it outta the park. All covers should be so lucky! From the singer to the drummer, the instruments, the background singers… everything….Spot on! But… the guitarist followed the script from the original. There’s nothing wrong with that… because it’s a great song. But that being said, I still like Prince’s solo better because the solo was original, not written for the song, it was an all star band so they didn’t know exactly what was coming, and it ended up taking the song to the next level.

Advertisement
Advertisement
jimi must have been high.

it is jimi and clapton, and then EVERYONE else.

Nope. Clapton is overrated. Simply didn't write most of his biggest songs.

Great player. He can make other people's songs sound great. Can't put him in the top tier if most of his well-known songs are covers.

Lebron vs jordan…go
Stop It Michael Jordan GIF

Springsteen- under/over/properly rated guitarist?
he is underrated. in his early days (pre-e-street band) he was a little bit of a shredder. actually played kind of a southern rock style music. I think he made a choice to allow others to play leads while he entertains and does his thing on stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back