The OC Candidates Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Bro this is a 7k+ post thread

You missed your window to say something logical like this by about 6850 posts
You’re right!!!

So, N’Sync is a top 20 band of all time.

Dancing GIF

So what’s the move? I’ve shot down a couple Chinese spy balloons this morning and need something to occupy the rest of my Sunday.

Maybe you can shoot down that big question mark Mario has above his head so he can make a decision already…..TIA

here is a concert ticket collection much better than @SWFLHurricane's, by a long shot

View attachment 228176

IMG-0318.jpg

i'm honest ONLY when it is important to be honest.

so, this isn't MY collection of concert tickets, it belongs to a good friend of mine that owns a small restaurant in the Gables filled with music decorations everywhere.

IF YOU KNOW, YOU KNOW.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Very fair ask. Your takes are usually worth a look whether I agree with you or not, so I am looking to get your take on these concerns:

- If we are offering 2 million for our OC, and the candidate pool is withered down to Candle and few others we have a serious problem.

- We have a recruiter CEO type that needs to knock both coordinators out of the park and no one wants to work for him to be paid top notch?

Amidst the antics and arguing, these themes are being woven into the discussions. Some think they are fair, others may not.

In my opinion, point 2 is a fair repeat of the concerns from a year ago of program builder/CEO vs a HC that could man one side of the ball if necessary, etc.

Point 1 flows from there and that feeling from when we started a year ago that we were going to hit a HR, it then took forever, we got Gattis late, epic failure of a season, and here we are… some may be using the “better than Gattis” measuring stick, others the what happened to the HR capabilities and needs.

- If we are offering 2 million for our OC, and the candidate pool is withered down to Candle and few others we have a serious problem.

Several assumptions here. Are we actually offering 2 million? Seems likely but I don’t know that for a fact.

Is the candidate pool smaller because the Miami job is considered a greater risk than other jobs, especially a greater risk to a future career? That’s possible.

What happened to our last four offensive coordinators. One was able to parlay his time here and to a step up in his career. That’s good. What happened to the other three?

So the candidate pool may be smaller, there’s also speculation that Mario is a workaholic and expects the same, maybe that’s a factor.

There’s the abominable season we had last year that may also narrow the pools of candidates down. We are certainly not in the type of position a school like Alabama or Georgia is in, were you can be baseline competent and not fall flat on your face.

I would say it’s likely that the candidate pool is smaller. It would only make sense, but so what? Is there anything that can be done about it now? Are there only certain offensive coordinator candidates that can succeed here next year? That’s where I’m going to speculate, and say no.

I don’t care what type of offense they run, it’s just important that it’s someone that is able to use our current talent and maximize our offensive production. I really don’t give a **** if it’s a pistol, air raid, or some type of a hybrid offense, or any type of offense. Just maximize the talent we have, so that we can get the best possible offensive production from the talent that we actually have.

I give no no ***** about making message board splash with a high profile hire.

- We have a recruiter CEO type that needs to knock both coordinators out of the park and no one wants to work for him to be paid top-notch?

“Knock both coordinators out of the park“ is just messageboard hyperbole. Read the previous comments.

I don’t give three ***** about message board, splash, or people like you jumping up and down. In the end it’s going to be who is going to maximize the talent that we have on both sides of the ball, to maximize our potential wins for next year. That’s all I care about. It’s absurd to think that there are not people out there that can do that.

Advertisement
Imagine if Steele does go to Bama. Mario would be so flustered that we would go through spring practice with neither OC or DC because he wouldn’t want to be rushed into a hire.

Advertisement
To **** with it if we are going to derail in the famous words of the great philosophizer Jon Bon Jovi we will derail in “a Blaze of Glory”

Top 5

STP
Alice In Chains
Soundgarden
Tool
Pearl Jam

Come at me bro
lol since you asked. in that group it's

Tool
Soundgarden
STP
Pearl Jam
Alice in Chains

Several assumptions here. Are we actually offering 2 million? Seems likely but I don’t know that for a fact.

Is the candidate pool smaller because the Miami job is considered a greater risk than other jobs, especially a greater risk to a future career? That’s possible.

What happened to our last four offensive coordinators. One was able to parlay his time here and to a step up in his career. That’s good. What happened to the other three?

So the candidate pool may be smaller, there’s also speculation that Mario is a workaholic and expects the same, maybe that’s a factor.

There’s the abominable season we had last year that may also narrow the pools of candidates down. We are certainly not in the type of position a school like Alabama or Georgia is in, were you can be baseline competent and not fall flat on your face.

I would say it’s likely that the candidate pool is smaller. It would only make sense, but so what? Is there anything that can be done about it now? Are there only certain offensive coordinator candidates that can succeed here next year? That’s where I’m going to speculate, and say no.

I don’t care what type of offense they run, it’s just important that it’s someone that is able to use our current talent and maximize our offensive production. I really don’t give a **** if it’s a pistol, air raid, or some type of a hybrid offense, or any type of offense. Just maximize the talent we have, so that we can get the best possible offensive production from the talent that we actually have.

I give no no ***** about making message board splash with a high profile hire.

- We have a recruiter CEO type that needs to knock both coordinators out of the park and no one wants to work for him to be paid top-notch?

“Knock both coordinators out of the park“ is just messageboard hyperbole. Read the previous comments.

I don’t give three ***** about message board, splash, or people like you jumping up and down. In the end it’s going to be who is going to maximize the talent that we have on both sides of the ball, to maximize our potential wins for next year. That’s all I care about. It’s absurd to think that there are not people out there that can do that.
I agree with you almost entirely but I'll go even further - I think the broader media/public reaction to Candle would be that it IS a splash and this message board will unsurprisingly find itself a significant outlier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back