The OC Candidates Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Bottom line is you can make a fantasy list of your preferred OCs, but the actual candidate pool, those people that would be willing, or might be willing to take the job, is not as big as some people think, and some of the names being mentioned might not be on that list of possible/achievable candidates.

Doesn't matter. Our mopey PlayStation All-American porsters are still going to keep shouting the names of guys we're not going to hire, as if it will matter.

Advertisement
The Black Album alone should get Metallica on most people's top 10, but careful with appeals to album sales. The ******* Backstreet Boys sold over 130 million records.
parks and recreation whats your point GIF

So if im following these threads correctly, here are my major takeaways of the past week:

1. Mario is an awful project manager who doesn't know how to hire/fire anyone and will be on chopping block in the next 12-24 months

2. Candle, a sitting HC, would be an awful OC hire

3. Rees would have been a disastrous hire last season, even though he was good enough for Saban to hire him

4. Steele is a horrific DC but again, apparently good enough for Saban

5. We shouldn't promote Strong to DC but he's too old and hasn't coordinated a D in 'years', even though he was essentially the DC at USF and Louisville

I missing anything?
Yes.

6. Old headbangers arguing about Metallica and heavy metal music

Advertisement
Candle to ND makes more sense to be honest, and he’s already established in the Midwest. I brought it up after Rees was confirmed to Bama, and could be a reason this is dragging out even longer.

Mario better have his other option(s) ready.

Mario is like an old woman in the wallpaper section…..too many choices and can’t make up her mind…

Advertisement
Advertisement
Not exactly. He’s not the best, nor the worst, IMHO. He ***** on the AC/DC drummer for example.
Nah. He's really that ******* terrible. I never knew until recently because I'm not much of a Metallica fan and have never seen them live... but wow he's cringe af.

Gattis was hired Feb.6, no? Any reason to wait until the 1st year of his contract expires before officially naming a new OC?

My final Sportatorium attendance was for a Van Halen concert right before they hit the stadium gig level. Drank about 3/4 of a Southern Comfort bottle in the parking lot beforehand. Vaguely remember being dragged to my seats by friends and then blacked out till the final encore song which was You Really Got me. Was hurting for days after that. To this day, I've never touched Southern Comfort again.

@Pentagon Cane Saw Earth, Wind, and Fire at the Sunrise Musical Theatre. One of the best concerts I ever attended. Think Kool and the Gang opened? I miss live brass instruments being a part of music.
i was at the two van halen concerts at the Sportatorium. those guys were great musicians, each 5-10 solo by each musician was tremendous. great days

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back