The OC Candidates Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
My final Sportatorium attendance was for a Van Halen concert right before they hit the stadium gig level. Drank about 3/4 of a Southern Comfort bottle in the parking lot beforehand. Vaguely remember being dragged to my seats by friends and then blacked out till the final encore song which was You Really Got me. Was hurting for days after that. To this day, I've never touched Southern Comfort again.

@Pentagon Cane Saw Earth, Wind, and Fire at the Sunrise Musical Theatre. One of the best concerts I ever attended. Think Kool and the Gang opened? I miss live brass instruments being a part of music.

IMO the music of the 1970s to early 1980s +/- was the best. you had the apex of hard rock, R&B/soul, american folk rock and other genres. real musicians not the BS "music" of today where it is generally computer generated.

As a Mario supporter I disagree some what. Last year he took for ever and got it wrong and he’s repeating the process again this year.

You can absolutely second guess the process especially with the current results and you question it until he proves to everyone that he can get things right.
Bro this is a 7k+ post thread

You missed your window to say something logical like this by about 6850 posts

Advertisement
So if im following these threads correctly, here are my major takeaways of the past week:

1. Mario is an awful project manager who doesn't know how to hire/fire anyone and will be on chopping block in the next 12-24 months

2. Candle, a sitting HC, would be an awful OC hire

3. Rees would have been a disastrous hire last season, even though he was good enough for Saban to hire him

4. Steele is a horrific DC but again, apparently good enough for Saban

5. We shouldn't promote Strong to DC but he's too old and hasn't coordinated a D in 'years', even though he was essentially the DC at USF and Louisville

I missing anything?
Metallica is overrated according to some

Repeat what you want me to agree or not agree with?

Very fair ask. Your takes are usually worth a look whether I agree with you or not, so I am looking to get your take on these concerns:

- If we are offering 2 million for our OC, and the candidate pool is withered down to Candle and few others we have a serious problem.

- We have a recruiter CEO type that needs to knock both coordinators out of the park and no one wants to work for him to be paid top notch?

Amidst the antics and arguing, these themes are being woven into the discussions. Some think they are fair, others may not.

In my opinion, point 2 is a fair repeat of the concerns from a year ago of program builder/CEO vs a HC that could man one side of the ball if necessary, etc.

Point 1 flows from there and that feeling from when we started a year ago that we were going to hit a HR, it then took forever, we got Gattis late, epic failure of a season, and here we are… some may be using the “better than Gattis” measuring stick, others the what happened to the HR capabilities and needs.

Feels like Mario got played by Candle again and now he’s scrambling (no inside info purely speculating)

Advertisement
Backstreet Boys vs N’SYNC?? GO!

**** was like Team Edward vs Team Jacob…
Not versed enough in it to do that but objectively speaking they had some well written compositions. Not my style as I was a metal kid and then when I discovered girls I went more the R&B and Hip Hop route.

To **** with it if we are going to derail in the famous words of the great philosophizer Jon Bon Jovi we will derail in “a Blaze of Glory”

Top 5

STP
Alice In Chains
Soundgarden
Tool
Pearl Jam

Come at me bro
I'm glad you left Nirvana out as they're easily the most overrated grunge band that came out of Seattle (lol at anyone thinking Cobain has the vocal ability of Layne Staley or Chris Cornell), but Tool isn't grunge lol. I'd put Temple of the Dog, Mudhoney, or Silverchair there.

And no, Smashing Pumpkins is not grunge!

Advertisement
To **** with it if we are going to derail in the famous words of the great philosophizer Jon Bon Jovi we will derail in “a Blaze of Glory”

Top 5

STP
Alice In Chains
Soundgarden
Tool
Pearl Jam

Come at me bro
There was this little band in Aberdeen, Washington…

For the millionth time, Scott Frost is not getting hired as offensive coordinator after the whole Josh gattis fired for cause, especially with his alcohol and potential dalliances with coeds at Nebraska in his most recent history.
i hadn't heard about the alleged dalliances with co-eds. if true, he IS NOT COMING TO MIAMI AS AN OC. no way HR would allow that, given that Miami would be open to liability right now if the Gattis rumors are true

Advertisement
I'm glad you left Nirvana out as they're easily the most overrated grunge band that came out of Seattle (lol at anyone thinking Cobain has the vocal ability of Layne Staley or Chris Cornell), but Tool isn't grunge lol. I'd put Temple of the Dog, Mudhoney, or Silverchair there.

And no, Smashing Pumpkins is not grunge!
Agree, don’t get me wrong I do like some Nirvana songs but not my top list. Temple Of The Dog is great but too short lived for me to have them top 5. Mudhoney and Silverchair are great calls, though seriously doubt how many on here knew of them

Who on earth says Smashing Pumpkins is grunge? Just cus of the era? And dude I love me some Pumpkins but in now way were they grunge.

I know Tool is considered metal, and I am down with that. But when I hear them I get a vibe of both so I have to put them there for me. Besides this was done to derail so to **** with anyone who says Tool wasn’t grunge!! 😜

This is even worse when you look at the offensive rankings of the teams they played.

Toledo finished 58th in F+ defense. The offenses they played:

Ohio: 54
Kent St: 66
Ball State: 119
Bowling Green: 97
Buffalo: 98
Central Michigan: 105
E. Michigan: 70
N. Ill.: 86
W. M.: 128

Long Island University: N/A
Umass: 130
Ohio State: 3
San Diego State: 126

The offenses were almost as horrible as the defenses.

Meaning it’s not like the teams on their schedule were just death marching Toledo. And constantly flipping the field.
These were opposing offenses that struggled to even get first downs.

So Toledo’s offense was constantly getting the ball back. And presumably getting it back in good field position due to the lack of yards gained by the opposing offense.
And then getting it back frequently in good field position, against the worst defenses of college football.

31 points…
difficult to have a good taste in your mouth about candle after reading this and your other stats

There was this little band in Aberdeen, Washington…
1675623176064.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back