The OC Candidates Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toledo has more talent than the teams in its own conference and fans at the school think the HC underperforms every year.

I wish the guy we got was someone who fans were disappointed to lose.

Fans weren’t really upset to see Gattis or Addae leave either and we know how they’ve done so far.

I will give any coach a fair shake if they’re chosen and take a position with Miami but I really hope we get someone fans are sad to see the guy move on from
Good thing we're looking for him to be our OC and not head coach

Advertisement
Toledo has more talent than the teams in its own conference and fans at the school think the HC underperforms every year.

I wish the guy we got was someone who fans were disappointed to lose.

Fans weren’t really upset to see Gattis or Addae leave either and we know how they’ve done so far.

I will give any coach a fair shake if they’re chosen and take a position with Miami but I really hope we get someone fans are sad to see the guy move on from
Who would you prefer? A majority of Nebraska fans were happy when Frost was canned, so that rules him out. It can’t be Mullen because Gator fans wanted him gone.

The Candle hire is relative to who else is a possibility of being hired...

If it’s between Candle or Arroyo, Coley, Nussi etc, then Candle is the best of that bunch.

Other names like Frosty, Mullen, Littrell etc, are really only speculative because we have no idea if they’re even in consideration or even interested.

We may all expect “better”, but the reality is Candle is probably the best we can do.

View it like a spectrum, with Gattless being on one end & whichever OC you view as the best on the other; as long as we get further away from the Gattless side of the spectrum that’s better than worse case scenario.

Is it ideal? No. Is it what might be preferred given the salary that can paid for the position? Probably not.
Soooooo you not feeling it?

👀

Advertisement
@Empirical Cane
The End Sheriff GIF by FOX TV

This is not your first offense and you know **** well what you were doing. I’m throwing you under the jail.

Episode 1 Police GIF by BBC

jail GIF

@WaterburyCane this guy is notorious for these. Thanks for being on the lookout.
. No leniency for @Empirical Cane ….if I know him , and I do , that above was his reaction to you for simply doing your job .

One thing to consider if it is Candle. While we talk about the Toledo O's performance and their fans perspective, as the HC his attention does have to be split other places. While being solely OC doesn't change his philosophy or tendencies, it does allow for a more dedicated focus. Even if that means its a 10-20% improvement on his playcalling / scheming abilities, that only can bode better for us and certainly no worse.
Starting early I see 😂😂

Advertisement
Everyday day, every tweet they show they don’t know anything regards to UM. They continue to embarrass themselves.
it’s not the main dude that clout chases. it’s the other guy. that type of behavior being associated with your brand is bad for business.

Advertisement
@Memnon has written a beautiful, long post about Candle last year.

Y'all probably find it if you look for it.

Advertisement
It would be my suggestion to move Fields to a recruiting role (up salary to convince of necessary), Coley to TE, Candle to OC and he brings whoever else to fill out the rest of the offensive staff.
Not disagreeing just also not sure why we are moving Field either. He’s shown he’s adept at recruiting and coaching

But we can make room for the right guys of course

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back