The OC Candidates Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Rankings out of 130 FBS Teams over the last 5 years.

Candle vs Cristobal

2022 (Toledo)
Rushing Attempts Per Game: 19th
Passing Attempts Per Game: 70th

2022 (Miami)
Rushing Attempts Per Game: 91st
Passing Attempts Per Game: 35th

2021 (Toledo)
Rushing Attempts Per Game: 72nd
Passing Attempts Per Game: 66th

2021 (Oregon)
Rushing Attempts Per Game: 51st
Passing Attempts Per Game: 80th

2020 (Toledo)
Rushing Attempts Per Game: 40th
Passing Attempts Per Game: 25th

2020 (Oregon)
Rushing Attempts Per Game: 105th
Passing Attempts Per Game: 103rd

2019 (Toledo)
Rushing Attempts Per Game: 20th
Passing Attempts Per Game: 91st

2019 (Oregon)
Rushing Attempts Per Game: 76th
Passing Attempts Per Game: 71st

2018 (Toledo)
Rushing Attempts Per Game: 41st
Passing Attempts Per Game: 76th

2018 (Oregon)
Rushing Attempts Per Game: 52nd
Passing Attempts Per Game: 58th

Average per game over 5 years

CANDLE
Rushing Attempts Per Game: 40.38
Passing Attempts Per Game: 31.44

CRISTOBAL
Rushing Attempts Per Game: 36.38
Passing Attempts Per Game: 31.32

I’d be interested to see who the quarterbacks were for each team during those years. I’d have to look that up

I know EXACTLY what it means. I am asking what people's opinions are of "bro style." Because if it is simply run to pass ratio, Candle's run to pass ratio is signifcantly higher than Mario's.
I literally said it has nothing to do with run/pass ratio in the post you quoted

Advertisement
It’s a nothing article because if it doesn’t happen it’s easy to say “he turned it down again” and he won’t get pushback for looking like he chose a random name.

Another 25 pages of rambling and no OC hired is my guess for the day.

And reportedly that roster is loaded for this year. Maybe he thinks though the best he can do is another mid level job but two years of success here and if he develops TVD he can get a better position

Toledo usually recruits the best classes in the MAC. Candle has also won 2 Mac championships in 7 seasons. If he does take a demotion, you have to think he believed Toledo has done as much for his career as possible.

To me, it's not just about his career, it's about his staff. If he makes that move, besides one or two guys he brings along, HIS coaching staff is all looking for new jobs. These are real relationships and real-life situations that he has to consider.

Advertisement
That's as small as I would go, and generally at that point she would have to have killer personality .

Go Canes

burying-dying.gif

Pro style or “bro style” has nothing to do with run/pass ratio. Just like Air Raid doesn’t mean throwing the ball every play. Most of the top rushing offenses in college football (outside of the service academies) use a wide open spread style offense. Pro style refers more to personnel groupings and techniques than run/pass ratio.

Also, Mario doesn’t have an offense. He’s never been a coordinator. Most teams in college football run the ball more than they pass. Miami ran the ball more than they passed in 2020 under Rhett Lashlee

I think people want an offense that:
- scores
- is adaptive
- is not slow AND disorganized
- when it slows down, it’s intentional and fits the flow of the game

If Miami ran the ball 100 times against a team because they couldn’t stop it, no one would really complain.

It’s running an offense that’s not working 100 times, terrible clock management, lack of flow, lack of situational awareness - that’s what drives people nuts…

When you are down 2-3 scores and you are walking to the line, playing check with me, running disorganized plays and you do it every game, that’s when people escalate, the is he even trying to win or is he proving some weird point, because no one is getting the point…

Advertisement
- scores
- is adaptive

If Miami ran the ball 100 times against a team because they couldn’t stop it, no one would really complain.

It’s running an offense that’s not working 100 times, terrible clock management, lack of flow, lack of situational awareness - that’s what drives people nuts…

When you are down 2-3 scores and you are walking to the line, playing check with me, running disorganized plays and you do it every game, that’s when people escalate, the is he even trying to win or is he proving some weird point, because no one is getting the point…
Brother, you just summed it up perfectly. I don’t think I’ve ever agreed with a post more then this one.

- scores
- is adaptive

Close thread.

Advertisement
- scores
- is adaptive

I would 1000% agree with this. I would also add that in a perfect world, our new OC would attract top offensive weapons

- scores
- is adaptive

Being married to a certain style of offense isn’t conducive to success. Adapting an offense to the available personnel will be much more successful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back