The OC Candidates Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
You better @ me

Kung Pow Asian GIF
Please forgive me. I've edited my post to correct this egregious oversight.

Are they putting all potential OC threads into this one?

I feel like we need 3 different threads per candidate, the way God intended.

I want to surf through all thr threads to see the first 2 pages of reasonable debate on each individual candidate, and then the next 8 pages of insults. Merging all of them together takes away from the CIS experience. Also I'm missing the 10 "why did you start a new thread?" comments.

Advertisement
Yep, pretty accurate bro. They literally ask their members ‘that “it’s OK” to communicate w/ ur family, but then what?’ What will u talk about? How much in common do u have w/ them?

It creates a subtle us vs. them mentality, where they r classified as true followers & anyone who’s not a JW is classified as “worldly” or apart of Satan’s world.

That’s y there’s a divide.

Not to derail but I grew up as a JW. Nothing subtle about the 'us vs. them.' I walked away from it over a decade ago when I started thinking about the nature of belief (from a human, anthropological perspective). It's not all bad and I won't disparage it (mom and much of that side of the family are devout JW's) but you miss out on a lot when you're taught that everyone and everything in the world belongs to Satan and wants to turn you away from God. Also, that everything you do is observed by God and, regardless of how good a person you are, it still may not be enough to make it into Paradise.

There's a difference between choosing a belief system vs. being indoctrinated into one.

Advertisement
Why do these guys all love Coley so much? He was horrible when he was here and Texas A&M's offense was almost as bad as our's last year. I get that Jimbo is likely running the offense there but still. I don't want to hear about his legendary recruiting prowess. Mario has that covered. We need someone who can actually run an offense.
I have it on good authority that outside of Mario & DVD the only other coach in the country that can recruit is James Cooley.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back