The OC Candidates Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd feel better if one of the credible posters would come in and give us
Go Ahead Reaction GIF

Advertisement
My CIS brothers, the sarcasm is flying over your heads like a fake punt against GT and you’ve got the #8 on your jersey.
Not #8 on GreenTree who we were told for three straight years had the best camp of any DB in camp?

Advertisement
Riddle me this:

I’m what universe does Miami fire Gattis for alleged inappropriate behavior with students and then turn around and hire Frost, who supposedly was involved in the same kind of behavior (plus serious alcohol issues) at Nebraska? How does that work?

If Miami hires Frost, then that tells me that all the allegations about him were nothing more than make-believe message board nonsense.

Pretty logical

I heard Candle from a few people yesterday but it’s possible he said no again

I remember reading the Frost stuff a while back and man, it was cringe inducing. Not the stuff Frost allegedly did, but the pathetic behavior and rumors of some people ****ing on his grave afterwards

It’s been a horrible program and the whole thing stunk. Not saying Frost is a victim or didn’t do anything wrong but I didn’t put much stock into what was said after he left to be honest
To be fair, if I was stuck in Lincoln with a giant bag of cash, and was a former star QB, I’d probably run around like a monster reincarnation of Vanilla Rick James too.

What else is there to do? Drop acid and go to Taco John’s?

Riddle me this:

I’m what universe does Miami fire Gattis for alleged inappropriate behavior with students and then turn around and hire Frost, who supposedly was involved in the same kind of behavior (plus serious alcohol issues) at Nebraska? How does that work?

If Miami hires Frost, then that tells me that all the allegations about him were nothing more than make-believe message board nonsense.
probably in no universe, but a board can hope

Advertisement
To be fair, if I was stuck in Lincoln with a giant bag of cash, and was a former star QB, I’d probably run around like a monster reincarnation of Vanilla Rick James too.

What else is there to do? Drop acid and go to Taco John’s?
No doubt haha

I’m ready for that guy to come to Miami

You wanted Applewhite that badly?
Speaking for myself, it was less about Applewhite and more about finally implementing a more modern offense. I had no idea if Applewhite was a good or bad OC but I was excited to see our athletes in an uptempo spread offense. So when the Applewhite news broke, and then turned out to be premature when we ultimately found out Manny hired Enos, it was a real kick to the groin. It's going to be even worse this time around if the Frost rumors turn out to be bogus.

I'd feel better if one of the credible posters would come in and give us

I would simply ask why people assume they are up for the same job.

It's just sad how reactionary things can get.

Could be smokescreen. Could be backup plan. Could be separate jobs.

How much credibility do you think that Dan and UM would be risking to make job offers to, and negotiate contracts with, two separate guys for the same exact job at the same exact time?

:noidea:

Advertisement
I think if you wanna look at what Frost can do with poor luck, look at Nebraska 2021.

Nebraska wasn't this competitive in a long time, yet the losing record doesn't speak for it. They were 32nd in offense, 15th in defense (FEI), never had a loss worse than nine points (Ohio State), yet went 3-9 with a 1-8 record.

Like, how is this even possible?

So you are saying Candle as OC and Frost as CO-OC QB coach....I'm off to twitter to...

I've said to much.

I'm saying there are a lot of things involved here, and yet we have the same reactionary posters making blanket statements about how great a guy is, and how they just don't care about his past issues (a few weeks after roasting Mario for not paying attention to Gattis's past).

Look, I lived in Orlando when Scott Frost was at UCF. I **** well know what an excellent job he did there.

But the Nebraska firing AND TIMING is a major red flag. It came 3 games into the season. When Nebraska would have had a greatly reduced payout MERELY BY WAITING A FEW WEEKS. We've seen endless speculation by posters about how Miami was motivated by a saving a few bucks AND THAT WAS IN THE OFF-SEASON. But when problems in the offseason are not substantial enough to fire a head coach...but then when the issues become SO SUBSTANTIAL 3 games into the season that you can't possibly wait for 3 more games and a reduction in the payout...it is a huge waving bright red flag. Sorry, it is.

Lots of people acting like certain types of issues get solved in a few months. Sure. Whatever.

But Mario was at Alabama when this happened with Sarkisian:

1675436958304.png

So I think Mario has seen a situation where a guy might need to start out as, you know, SOMETHING LESS THAN OC.

Who knows. Mario's still going to do what he's going to do. But all this irrational exuberance over Frost getting a sole OC role is...a bit premature...

If Mario is Verbal Kint'ing everyone...I'll be very disappointed...but I'm not basing my analysis on tweets from paid media or superfans. Everyone knows I'm a 3x UM alum, so I'm talking with people who are very close to what's going on.

It's one thing for Mario to use paid media for a smokescreen. I would be very shocked for Mario to use alums and boosters as a smokescreen.

Which is the EXACT SAME REASON I told people that Gattis was gone months ago. Because the info wasn't from paid media.

We should know all the answers soon.

Advertisement
Mario sees Kirby winning two championships back to back and sees no reason to stray from his formula.

He just better hope he and Ruiz can stock the kind of a First Day talent that UGA has been since Kirby has been there.

Gonna take at least 3 more years Top 5 recruiting to get to that level.
Just for clarification, what the actual **** are you talking about?

I think if you wanna look at what Frost can do with poor luck, look at Nebraska 2021.

Nebraska wasn't this competitive in a long time, yet the losing record doesn't speak for it. They were 32nd in offense, 15th in defense (FEI), never had a loss worse than nine points (Ohio State), yet went 3-9 with a 1-8 record.

Like, how is this even possible?
his failure was culture and recruiting related not schematic

as an OC he would be incredible, especially under someone like mario or even saban or dabo who run tight ships

his failure was culture and recruiting related not schematic

as an OC he would be incredible, especially under someone like mario or even saban or dabo who run tight ships
Even if so, that season made no sense from a culture perspective, given how tight every single loss was. At some points, the wheels must come off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back