The OC Candidates Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So besides some guy posting frosty the snowman on Twitter, any other info pointing to Frost as the foregone conclusion?

Advertisement
Right, so I'm not sure the extreme response.

All Im saying is based on history, and trend, Mario is going to be Mario and he sees no reason to stray from what he is comfortable with just as Kirby didn't stray from the same kind of offense 3 coordinators in a row.

If I'm wrong, then tha k God, bc lordt knows I'm ready for something different.

I'm just not expecting it.
By all accounts Candle was a leading candidate last year as well. The "Mario wants an archaic offense" nonsense is overblown

wendyspr GIF by Wendy's Puerto Rico's Puerto Rico

Frost would make a lot of sense as an analyst, working hand in hand with a top OC. Let him shed some of the stink he has on him for a bit. Also doesn't interfere with the big buyout Nebraska has to pay him.

Last edited:
Advertisement
"Don't Worry Be Happy" was a number-one jam
****, if I say it, you can slap me right here
Get it—let's get this party
Started right, right on, c'mon!
What we got to say?
Power to the people, no delay
Make everybody see, in order to
Fight the powers that be

Fight The Power

Frank T. Ponce
Absolute gold like this right here makes sifting through dozens of pages worth it 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

Advertisement
So Candle OC and Frost as an offensive analyst to give him a couple years to rehab his image behind the scenes? With his Nebraska buyout Id imagine we can get Frost here for a bargain price as an analyst?

Id love that scenario.

That is my best guess as to why UM would be negotiating with both at the same time.

Now, if one fell through, then it becomes a different ballgame.

But I also doubt Mario would start Frost out as OC (and maybe it happens, I'm not saying it won't). Whether the rumors are true are not, they exist. And we just blew past all the red flags with Gattis. It just doesn't sound like "OC" is the rational plausible act of certain people I know who work for UM.

May be wrong but the feeling in peaches is when this guy starts smoking usually theres some type of fire.
Steve batted .1000 during recruiting season

Different ball game with Mario and his hires but definitely promising

Advertisement
Never did I say "Frost" as a sole OC....You may actually be right in regards to him being less than a OC....The person who texted me (and you know him) said, Frost. In what capacity??...Have no idea. I was busy cleaning my GFs Parrot cage out (little ******* bit me...Lol) and I never got back to him in a timely manner.
Never did I say "Frost" as a sole OC....You may actually be right in regards to him being less than a OC....The person who texted me (and you know him) said, Frost. In what capacity??...Have no idea. I was busy cleaning my GFs Parrot cage out (little ******* bit me...Lol) and I never got back to him in a timely manner.
:pgdead:

I think if you wanna look at what Frost can do with poor luck, look at Nebraska 2021.

Nebraska wasn't this competitive in a long time, yet the losing record doesn't speak for it. They were 32nd in offense, 15th in defense (FEI), never had a loss worse than nine points (Ohio State), yet went 3-9 with a 1-8 record.

Like, how is this even possible?
IMO it was the QB play that ****ed that team.

Advertisement
By all accounts Candle was a leading candidate last year as well. The "Mario wants an archaic offense" nonsense is overblown
And the reality is he hired Gattis. Just as he went w Moorehead at Oregon after sticking with Arroyo.

Id also push back on the word archaic here. The type of offense Mario wants to run will never be dated. It just requires an elite level of talent (and depth) to run.

Steve batted .1000 during recruiting season

Different ball game with Mario and his hires but definitely promising

Even the great Gary Ferman is not equally adept in his recruiting reporting and his UM-program reporting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back