The OC Candidates Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
The Candle hire would concern me a little bit. If anyone listens to the Cover 3 podcast, they’ve discussed many times how they believe Toledo is actually an under achieving program. They have the most money and resources of any program in the MAC, along with best talent just about every year, but consistently under achieve regardless. We already have a coach who has a reputation of doing less with more, so I wouldn’t be 100% confident Candle would out scheme high caliber power 5 opponents with similar talent. I wouldn’t hate the hire, but I would certainly be skeptical. Especially if we pay a boatload for him.

If we are paying $1.5mm+ I’m still team Ludwig

Followed by Mullen and Littrell

I could see Candle being strictly OC, hire both a WR coach and a QB coach then shift Stephen Field to an analyst role. He could still help coach up the TEs (everyone does it behind closed doors), Mario has coached TEs in the past, MIrabal and the WR coach could also help. I dont think you need a dedicated TE on field coach.
maybe. Ideally I would want my OC to also be the QB coach. Regardless who ever it may be I hope there is seamless communication of the offense from top to bottom

Advertisement
The Candle hire would concern me a little bit. If anyone listens to the Cover 3 podcast, they’ve discussed many times how they believe Toledo is actually an under achieving program. They have the most money and resources of any program in the MAC, along with best talent just about every year, but consistently under achieve regardless. We already have a coach who has a reputation of doing less with more, so I wouldn’t be 100% confident Candle would out scheme high caliber power 5 opponents with similar talent. I wouldn’t hate the hire, but I would certainly be skeptical. Especially if we pay a boatload for him.
Sounds like it’s right up Mario’s alley

Between @Odysseus and who else was it? @Science?

Might need to re-open Alcatraz or the court and prison cell at the old Veterans Stadium that was used in game days to arrest & process drunk Eagles fans.
Not I. My days of trying to amuse the zoo animals here with humor above their level of understanding went away with Coach Prime.

Advertisement
Not I. My days of trying to amuse the zoo animals here with humor above their level of understanding went away with Coach Prime.

79q48z.jpg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Please speak only positives about possible OC candidates. Objective views are only tolerated once the future hire provides the terrible offenses while on the Miami sidelines. Any concerns or possible reservations should be held until then. Only sunshine and positive thoughts are permitted

Thank you very much,

Management

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back