The OC Candidates Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
The Candle hire would concern me a little bit. If anyone listens to the Cover 3 podcast, they’ve discussed many times how they believe Toledo is actually an under achieving program. They have the most money and resources of any program in the MAC, along with best talent just about every year, but consistently under achieve regardless. We already have a coach who has a reputation of doing less with more, so I wouldn’t be 100% confident Candle would out scheme high caliber power 5 opponents with similar talent. I wouldn’t hate the hire, but I would certainly be skeptical. Especially if we pay a boatload for him.

The whole board? Or just @mossmadness ?

There are a lot of hires I would be happy with.

I was a big fan of the Lashlee hire.

And last year said I would have sold my soul for the Briles and Golesh rumors to be true.

I just hate a lot of Mario’s candidates. But Mario doesn’t have an offensive track record at this point that should shut me up.

Advertisement
The Candle hire would concern me a little bit. If anyone listens to the Cover 3 podcast, they’ve discussed many times how they believe Toledo is actually an under achieving program. They have the most money and resources of any program in the MAC, along with best talent just about every year, but consistently under achieve regardless. We already have a coach who has a reputation of doing less with more, so I wouldn’t be 100% confident Candle would out scheme high caliber power 5 opponents with similar talent. I wouldn’t hate the hire, but I would certainly be skeptical. Especially if we pay a boatload for him.

There’s a reason he didn’t get the big fat extension he was hoping for. And there‘s a reason he hasn’t been offered a P5 HC job, despite the last coach getting it.

Candle is more wr coach. Maybe Coley as qb coach?
I could see Candle being strictly OC, hire both a WR coach and a QB coach then shift Stephen Field to an analyst role. He could still help coach up the TEs (everyone does it behind closed doors), Mario has coached TEs in the past, MIrabal and the WR coach could also help. I dont think you need a dedicated TE on field coach.

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back