The OC Candidates Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
247 must really need some subscriptions with that **** of an article lmao. Anyone on this board could’ve wrote that and these losers get paid

Advertisement
Looks like we going from Wendy's Frostys to having shop for bed bath and beyond candles
@Odysseus That wasn't just a bad joke that wasn't even terrible. That was catastrophic.
Helicopter GIF by Safran

marching iraq war GIF

I'm calling in the Department of Homeland Security on this one. This was a clear act of domestic terrorism.

Mel Gibson Sniper GIF by Signature Entertainment

@WaterburyCane Thanks for the heads up. I am trying to secure funding from the Maudes to help with not only detaining but record keeping these criminals as well.

**** or get off the pot. GATTIS is going to be our NIGHT mare NEXT YEAR. Tired about these threads.

Advertisement
Am I the only one who sees the potential negatives of Ruiz, a super fan with no actual football knowledge, potentially being involved in the hiring of coaches too?

He’s not involved in the hiring of any coaches, nor will he ever be. Rad, Mario, and Alonso are going to be the ones involved, probably with Mario carrying the most weight. The most that Ruiz will be involved with is funding if that’s needed.

@Odysseus That wasn't just a bad joke that wasn't even terrible. That was catastrophic.
Helicopter GIF by Safran

marching iraq war GIF

I'm calling in the Department of Homeland Security on this one. This was a clear act of domestic terrorism.

@WaterburyCane Thanks for the heads up. I am trying to secure funding from the Maudes to help with not only detaining but record keeping these criminals as well.
I thought it was a excellent joke lol, but you wont catch me alive coppers

Helicopter GIF by Safran

marching iraq war GIF

In my defense, my joke yesterday was a complete dad joke. I even wore velcro New Balance shoes with knee high tube socks while I typed it. If you cannot appreciate that, I have nothing to say...............

A few pages back when I pointed out Toledo’s horrific offensive rankings the last 5 years, one defense of that by some posters was that Candle wasn’t the OC during those sh*t years, so it wasn’t “his” offense.

If that’s the case, there’s no need for Beard to come along.

In the end, if your offense is so complicated you need to bring in help to get kids to learn it, you shouldn’t be the OC.
Needing to bring Beard and wanting to bring Bread are two totally different topics. I don’t think he NEEDS anyone. But if Mario is going to make this splash hire (and yes it would be a splash hire) he needs to trust his decision making.

Anyway, the more I’ve researched it the more I like Brian Wright. Them boys gave Manny **** in 2017. In fact Toledo put up more yards and points vs Miami than NINE P5 teams on our schedule that season. They had more success vs UM than Jimbo, Fedora, Fuentes, Dino & Brian Kelly.

Advertisement
Grain of salt. At what point has Mario ever let anything leak about his staff search options. On another note, I would take Candle in a heartbeat with Coley as Co-OC/WR Coach.
he let that qb recruit leak that a new OC would be hired I think before it became official Gattis was gone. If it leaks it's because Mario allows it.

Wasn't there a rumor last year that part of why Candle didn't come was because he couldn't bring pieces of his staff? Can't remember.
Nope. Candle bet on himself. His contract was expiring soon and he was thinking he could receive the same amount UM was offering by staying put. New AD axed that this offseason. Gave him extension but it was a petty one with plenty of wiggle room for both sides to mutually part if needed.

Advertisement
I mean yes, obviously that's how it works but Coley would be a very nice addition but not as the lead OC.
I just have PTSD from a staff that didn't know how to work together last year, and I do not want to replicate that again. I just want an Offensive staff that feels on the same page.. I'll sack a little recruiting prowess for that goal.

Advertisement
They have a flash sale going on. Definitely maximizing on their opportunity here. It’s all bidness🤷🏽
Yep Can’t have a “flash sale” with only old content while not having any “new content” on the most important issue facing the program

he let that qb recruit leak that a new OC would be hired I think before it became official Gattis was gone. If it leaks it's because Mario allows it.
Could be Candle’s side as well. Mario can only control Miami’s flow of information. Maybe Candle wants the job but isn’t perceived favorite. Seems like Briles did that last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back