The OC Candidates Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Frost warning in South Beach

poU0OouE6MpQ8i2WjrHTfc0r1rSQpb.gif

Were those total offense or some other metric?

Those were his F+ rankings.

I don’t like total offense. Anything that doesn’t adjust for quality of defense, field position, garbage time, pace of play, etc. is worthless to me.

Advertisement
If people are claiming Candle is out because of his stats while he was head coach, doesn't that also eliminate Mullen, Frost, and Littrell?
No, because they like those coaches. No need to spin it. Stop speaking facts.

Here is why i like Candle. He is a HC, there is no question he was in charge. Unlike Gattis who apparently was shadowing Harbaugh. Im with Candle or Ludwig. Dont care for them other man. The guy from Texas Tech i would liked as someone young and coming up. No way Cristobal can stretch this into another week.....can he?
And also not hunting money either. Had every opportunity to take the job last year and bet on himself instead. I love that winning attitude.

If people are claiming Candle is out because of his stats while he was head coach, doesn't that also eliminate Mullen, Frost, and Littrell?
Im not against Candle and don’t disagree on your point but Littrells teams had great offensive stats and his overall team was doing pretty good. I believe the issue there was with one of their big boosters. Mullen also put up really good offenses atleast until the last year and Frost never missed last call

Advertisement
Here is why i like Candle. He is a HC, there is no question he was in charge. Unlike Gattis who apparently was shadowing Harbaugh. Im with Candle or Ludwig. Dont care for them other man. The guy from Texas Tech i would liked as someone young and coming up. No way Cristobal can stretch this into another week.....can he?
That’s your support for Candle as OC? Because he is a HC? ****, man

Advertisement
Still would like to find a way to get Candle and Coley over Candle and Beard. Even Candle and Underwood. We had Beard and he didn’t do anything I don’t want to retread just because he’s a Cane.
Sounds like it would be more about continuity between Candle/Beard than Beard being a Cane. With WR being our weak point last year, I can completely understand the logic of wanting ensure the WR group is 100% on the same page instantly as the OC...and easiest way to do that is allowing the OC/QBC to bring in one of his own.

Could be Candle’s side as well. Mario can only control Miami’s flow of information. Maybe Candle wants the job but isn’t perceived favorite. Seems like Briles did that last season.

maybe, but not sure how leaking it helps him at all. Briles maybe leaked as part of getting a contract extension last year. It seems Candle got another extension this year because Toledo knew he might be searching for a job again and UM had a vacancy. They just wanted to protect themselves financially and Candle also used it to get more leverage in negotiations here. Just speculation.

Advertisement
Ludwig > Candle.

But if it’ll quell the ADD folks here who think you can’t have a good offense without going fully up tempo, I guess Candle will do.
If I were a betting man...I'd say its Ludwig because he's going to use the TEs as WRs just as much as he uses the WRs as WRs. Mario ensuring to bring in 3 TEs in one class gives a glimpse imo of what his vision is

Hydro’s response….

Suspicious Eva Green GIF by James Bond 007

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back