The OC Candidates Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Am I the only one who sees the potential negatives of Ruiz, a super fan with no actual football knowledge, potentially being involved in the hiring of coaches too?
I seriously doubt he’s involved in the hiring process especially with Zo and Rad on board. He may have knowledge of what’s going on but it seems his focus is more on NIL deals with student athletes.

Did I miss something? We've already established that Jason Candle is the guy and now we're bickering on the WR coach?
That is an accurate summary.

However, what nobody is mentioning, is that Candle is a WR coach by trade. If he were to come, he is most likely OC/WR. Candle has never been QB coach. So Beard is unlikely.

The coach to follow would most likely be Weiner. The Co-OC/QB coach. Was the HC at Plant HS (Tampa) for over a decade. Developed Robert Marve and Aaron Murray along with some others. So coaches QB, knows Candles system, was the #4 recruiter in the MAC, and has ties to Tampa.

He would be much more logical than Beard.

Advertisement
Sure and what does that have to do with my point? I never disagreed with anything you stated.
You claimed anyone who makes any negative comment is labeled a mope, and that is simply untrue. Many of the better posters here, including some of the mods, Cribby, and other regular contributers point out issues and negatives but don't dwell on them or obsessively bring them up in response to any and every discussion. They are not labeled mopes. That is reserved for those who whine incessantly and find something to complain about and attack in every post.

However, what nobody is mentioning, is that Candle is a WR coach by trade. If he were to come, he is most likely OC/WR. Candle has never been QB coach. So Beard is unlikely.

The coach to follow would most likely be Weiner. The Co-OC/QB coach. Was the HC at Plant HS (Tampa) for over a decade. Developed Robert Marve and Aaron Murray along with some others. So coaches QB, knows Candles system, was the #4 recruiter in the MAC, and has ties to Tampa.

I figure by 2:30, without any additional information, we'll be debating whether Beard will be deciding single family home or condo.

It does seem to me that it's likely the OC is coming from the NFL. I would expect that we know as early as today. There is some difficulty there as the QB coach in the NFL has become a very high profile position. Mario though can likely pay what he needs to.

Advertisement
Looks like we going from Wendy's Frostys to having shop for bed bath and beyond candles

John Witherspoon Funk GIF

@Odysseus

Thanks for crop dusting us with this stinker. I dont think there is a candle strong enough to cut through this smell.

@JamesQuall Book him. This needs to be on his record. My man @TOcane called in a citizens arrest on this.

You should start bookmarking these in case the Awards Committee decides to create a worst joke award next year. I could see this one being a nominee.

@PIPO No need to bump this up to the high court. This one is a cut and dry case.

Advertisement
John Witherspoon Funk GIF

@Odysseus

Thanks for crop dusting us with this stinker. I dont think there is a candle strong enough to cut through this smell.

@JamesQuall Book him. This needs to be on his record. My man @TOcane called in a citizens arrest on this.

You should start bookmarking these in case the Awards Committee decides to create a worst joke award next year. I could see this one being a nominee.

@PIPO No need to bump this up to the high court. This one is a cut and dry case.
For that award you'd need a full on bracket system with at least 5 different levels.

Last edited:
I get that

But go and tell me you feel confident that Beard has the resume and cache to beat out the big boys for top WR talent
Agreed, you bring up a good points. Nothing I could argue with. It was more from a chemistry perspective. If Mario trusts someone to be his OC and have total control, he should trust him to hire his own guys.

Agreed. My concern is that the WR coach needs to be an ace recruiter. He must connect with kids and posses a proven track record of developing kids for the NFL. You need this from your WR coach (not as much from your OC).

Gattis failed miserably at both OC and WR coach. We are now seeing the impact of that failure on our roster.

Advertisement

Oh boy, if memory serves Coach Weiner was not a favorite of Canes fans back in the day. Lol

What I heard is that the next OC we are all going to have to do some research. So I am assuming is not a big name guy.
That all depends on who the audience is that whoever told you that is targeting. For instance most fans don’t know who the Head Coach of Utah is much less Andy Ludwig. Same goes for Seth Littrel, Jason Candle and others mentioned here. However most posters here know those names.

You claimed anyone who makes any negative comment is labeled a mope, and that is simply untrue. Many of the better posters here, including some of the mods, Cribby, and other regular contributers point out issues and negatives but don't dwell on them or obsessively bring them up in response to any and every discussion. They are not labeled mopes. That is reserved for those who whine incessantly and find something to complain about and attack in every post.
I see it differently, I see reasonable posters labeled mopes all the time here. Who most of us recognize as one of the best if not the best posters in ELC, left for a good minute because of this. Anybody that voiced a concern about Gattis last spring was tar and feathered. SouthParkCane changed his name because he dared to speak and address our issues on offense being the reason WR recruiting is off.

Small world

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back