The OC Candidates Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has his wrs produced at Toledo? That’s all that matters this fan base will be piśsed regardless unless randy moss is coaching wrs

I would be ****ed if they hired Randy Moss to coach WR's. Just because you were a great player doesn't automatically mean you can coach.

Advertisement
Has his wrs produced at Toledo? That’s all that matters because this fan base will be piśsed regardless unless randy moss is coaching wrs
I don’t want Randy Moss

I want a P5 WR coach that has a history of developing WRs and wins on the recruiting trail

It’s the same criteria for every position coach

Beard doesn’t meet the criteria

Advertisement
If you remove the fact that Beard played for Miami we would all be livid if he was the next WR coach
First of all, how are you able to evaluate Beard as a WR coach. If Candle is the guy and wants to bring his WR coach - who might happen to be Beard - do you tell him no? If he's a ****** judge of WR coaches in your opinion, then why hire him as head coach?

Didn‘t see the actual screenshot of the Ruiz tweet that ignited the Candle discussion, but here it is…

34BDA96B-F4B6-4F21-A4CB-32E61062FACD.jpeg

Received it from a friend last night…

Note: Candle (as of last night) had NOT accepted the offer.

Quick Scott frost google search says he’s the oc at Miami. Didn’t check to see if already posted but there’s my contribution for the year.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Perhaps Candle can help Mario work out some of his coRching issues. (clock management, time out usage, situational strategy - 4th down mostly, etc.) Beard doesn't solve our desperate need to be able to land elite WR imo.
If Coach Mario will field a good/elite offense and stop to get in his own way I'm sure Recruiter Mario will be able to land elite WRs.

Am I the only one who sees the potential negatives of Ruiz, a super fan with no actual football knowledge, potentially being involved in the hiring of coaches too?

Advertisement
I don’t want Randy Moss

I want a P5 WR coach that has a history of developing WRs and wins on the recruiting trail

It’s the same criteria for every position coach

Beard doesn’t meet the criteria
Not many out there that fit that criteria

What I heard is that the next OC we are all going to have to do some research. So I am assuming is not a big name guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back