The OC Candidates Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
1) Miami is a rebuild but not the program that just fired their coach? Both are rebuilds

2) Miami has only had four above average coordinators the last 20 years (Shannon, Fisch, Lashlee and Diaz) all four had HC offers or became HCs directly from UM.

- Diaz gets temple HC job (which quickly became P5 job at UM)
- Lashlee to SMU
- Shannon as HC at UM
- Fisch became OC in NFL (had HC offers for college).
Mark Whipple says high.

Anyone that is on here claiming that they know who the front runner is, is very likely lying with how buttoned up Mario and UM handle these bigger hirings

I know some names that Mario has interviewed but don’t know the pecking order

I’m still hopeful Andy Ludwig is the guy. It recently was made public that Mario interviewed him last year and I know Mario reached out to him again now

I’m guessing Mario would have to pay $2mm +/- to sway him, but in my opinion he’d be one of the few guys worth it

Please Christ.

Advertisement
Because they hate Miami, they hate Mario, they are miserable, and they want everyone to be miserable.

I honestly think it comes down to people not knowing how to communicate in positive situations. If things are going well they don't know how to respond, or feel it's not their strong suit. If things go poorly they're fluent in that language.

Because they hate Miami, they hate Mario, they are miserable, and they want everyone to be miserable.
Wait, wait, wait. Bringing up an OC who’s available and worked with Mario in that exact position like 3 years ago is because we ”hate Miami, hate Mario“ and are miserable? What?

We aren’t bringing up Pat Nix. The connection makes a lot of sense, especially since the tenure was reasonably successful at Oregon and was recent.

Also, having an issue with Mario is not the same as hating Miami. I don’t swear fealty to a coach.

Advertisement
Would love to get the Eagles QB Coach Brian Johnson. Was the Gaytors OC under Mullen at UF.
He gonna be a NFL OC next year. Also he left UF with Mullen there (his mentor) why would he come back to college rn after just raising his stock enormously with hurts’ development. That being said he’d be an absolutely massive W if we could somehow get him

I hate UM because I think Cristobal is probably interested in hiring his former OC who led Oregon to a near top 15 offense and a 12 win season, who runs the system Cristobal is most comfortable with, and who also now has a few years of D1 HC experience under his belt?
Oh My God Wow GIF by reactionseditor

Wait, wait, wait. Bringing up an OC who’s available and worked with Mario in that exact position like 3 years ago is because we ”hate Miami, hate Mario“ and are miserable? What?

We aren’t bringing up Pat Nix. The connection makes a lot of sense, especially since the tenure was reasonably successful at Oregon and was recent.

Also, having an issue with Mario is not the same as hating Miami. I don’t swear fealty to a coach.
Just because he coached under Mario people obsess over he has to be the hire. I mean he’s out of work and he coached under Mario so it has to be him right? It’s like the same guys saying “Gattis wasn’t being let go, why won’t they just fire him now , it’s obviously money or he’s not leaving“. Maybe he’s added as an analysis or even on field but I’d be all time shocked if he’s the play caller.

Naw, man. I'm not against "bringing up Arroyo's name".

I'm against the CONSTANT HYPERBOLIC use of his name as a talisman.

Anytime someone cuts you off in traffic, it's "God**** you, Arroyo!"

I've said it before, for the mopers, a lot of this stuff is proxy, a lot of this stuff is code. For the guys who wanted Kiffin, they will rip on Mario indirectly, but they won't say what they really want to say.

There's plenty of valid criticism on this board. But it's a somewhat smaller subset that are moping 24-7-365. Have I ever given YOU a hard time when you criticize or say something negative? And that's because I know where you are coming from, and you articulate yourself with phrases other than "ARROYO SUCKS DONKEY ****S" (and that is a DIRECT QUOTE from one particular mopey porster).

Advertisement
Naw, man. I'm not against "bringing up Arroyo's name".

I'm against the CONSTANT HYPERBOLIC use of his name as a talisman.

Anytime someone cuts you off in traffic, it's "God**** you, Arroyo!"

I've said it before, for the mopers, a lot of this stuff is proxy, a lot of this stuff is code. For the guys who wanted Kiffin, they will rip on Mario indirectly, but they won't say what they really want to say.

There's plenty of valid criticism on this board. But it's a somewhat smaller subset that are moping 24-7-365. Have I ever given YOU a hard time when you criticize or say something negative? And that's because I know where you are coming from, and you articulate yourself with phrases other than "ARROYO SUCKS DONKEY ****S" (and that is a DIRECT QUOTE from one particular mopey porster).

no one has answered my question. isn't arroyo available? he checks all the boxes.

azucar

This is revisionist history. Fact is Miami football has been competively irrelevant for all but one year in the last two decades. It is one of the factors NFL draft stock has been just slightly North of Brock Purdy territory.
What revionist history are you talking about? Revisionist on what, every single thing i said is fact. These man been running well and they still cannot even sniff a national title. We have been an embarrassment and they cant out recruit us. U aint winning squat with them Big 10 plodders. Thats why Ohio smoke them 50-10 in the title games when they got 11 wins.

Advertisement
Just because he coached under Mario people obsess over he has to be the hire. I mean he’s out of work and he coached under Mario so it has to be him right? It’s like the same guys saying “Gattis wasn’t being let go, why won’t they just fire him now , it’s obviously money or he’s not leaving“. Maybe he’s added as an analysis or even on field but I’d be all time shocked if he’s the play caller.
1675286030045.gif

Just because he coached under Mario people obsess over he must be the hire. I mean he’s out of work and he coached under Mario so it has to be him right? It’s like the same guys saying “Gattis wasn’t being let go, why won’t they just fire him now , it’s obviously money or he’s not leaving“. Maybe he’s added as an analysis or even on field but I’d be all time shocked if he’s the play caller.

Not at all saying he’s “the guy” or is going to be hired, or that it’s as simple as X+Y= OC. I’m responding to your friend, who’s equating bringing up Arroyo with hatred of the program and personal misery. Im going to respond to him next, but apparently I’m not the type of porster he was referring to.

That being said, bringing up Arroyo’s name as a candidate in light of the fact Mario still wants to run “power spread” and successfully ran it with this guy just a few years ago will never be crazy. Saying “well shucks it has to be Arroyo” however is. Plus I don’t even know if they ended amicably, I’d like to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back