The OC Candidates Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not asking you to share the name but can you tell us if you happy with who you are hearing?

Anyone that is on here claiming that they know who the front runner is, is very likely lying with how buttoned up Mario and UM handle these bigger hirings

I know some names that Mario has interviewed but don’t know the pecking order

I’m still hopeful Andy Ludwig is the guy. It recently was made public that Mario interviewed him last year and I know Mario reached out to him again now

I’m guessing Mario would have to pay $2mm +/- to sway him, but in my opinion he’d be one of the few guys worth it

Advertisement
Anyone that is on here claiming that they know who the front runner is, is very likely lying with how buttoned up Mario and UM handle these bigger hirings

I know some names that Mario has interviewed but don’t know the pecking order

I’m still hopeful Andy Ludwig is the guy. It recently was made public that Mario interviewed him last year and I know Mario reached out to him again now

I’m guessing Mario would have to pay $2mm +/- to sway him, but in my opinion he’d be one of the few guys worth it
If you can't beat 'em, join 'em....in reverse. It would almost be like Randy hiring Pat Nix but this time it would actually be a guy who is competent.

recap bachelorette GIF
stay-out-this-one.gif

@crossover22[]_[], @TheOriginalCane,

Neither of you will let the other have the last word. Neither of you wants forced ignore and that's respectable, but you'll have to figure out how to stop. So maybe just stop responding to each other?

Responding is one thing.

Name-calling in one's avatar is another level.

I'm just looking for some proportional responses. I'm responding to his porsts with reasonable responses. I'm not chasing him around name-calling or retaliating when a reasonable moderator makes a request for the name-calling avatar to be altered. And I'm letting the vast majority of his substance-less name-calling threads go without remark.

I think the intent of Purgatory is behavior modification. At least that's what the Catholic Church says.

He can have the last word, I don't care. But moving his name-calling from his avatar to his posts is not "last word".

Advertisement
Responding is one thing.

Name-calling in one's avatar is another level.

I'm just looking for some proportional responses. I'm responding to his porsts with reasonable responses. I'm not chasing him around name-calling or retaliating when a reasonable moderator makes a request for the name-calling avatar to be altered. And I'm letting the vast majority of his substance-less name-calling threads go without remark.

I think the intent of Purgatory is behavior modification. At least that's what the Catholic Church says.

He can have the last word, I don't care. But moving his name-calling from his avatar to his posts is not "last word".
A good time for a clean slate is right now.

Advertisement
@TheOriginalCane has asked me to respond in his stead. he's busy beating up one of the many cross dressers on this site.

please check your DM/IM/PM (don't know what it is called here).

EDIT:

a few posters have asked me via DM/IM/PM to share with them the names that @TheOriginalCane knows are being considered for OC. in order not to violate privileges, i've asked @TheOriginalCane for permission to share said list and i am waiting for his reply which should be forthcoming following the annihilation of a certain unnamed cross dresser

It's all good. I think I repeated some of those names already, but I don't think I've said anything super-secret that I'll regret later...

So the end of week timeline is one that Flo predicted too. He says the hire has already been made. I posted that even Mario doesn't know who the OC is yet. Flo referred to my post as coming from fantasy-land 🤣. We shall see.

Advertisement
So Cristobal has a well established rep of having this long drawn out interview process and man turn that into getting turnt down.

Lets cut the krap. We didnt settle for Gattis, he won the Broyles award and was being hailed by everyone in the national media. He was a bad fit from a chemistry standpoint and he didnt get any help with the injuries.

The long process is annoying, its annoying the fack outa me, but man still have to use their brains here. We are not getting turnt down, Cristobal is interviewing 65 man which is what frustrates even the candidates. If we were getting shunned, man not even turning up for interviews. Simple

Pretty much agreed on this.

I am also not a fan of the long process, but I highly doubt that my opinion, or internet opinions generally, are going to change the behavior of a 50 year old man.

I hope that Mario is making good use of all the extra resources he has in 2023 that he didn't have in 2022.

My concern with Ludwig is Manny Diaz stopped his offense to an extent in rose bowl.
As I recall, Utah played without their number one weapon (Kincaid); the game was tied at 21 at halftime and then their stud QB got hurt in the 3rd quarter and they didn't score again. Just seems important to consider. I really like the way Utah plays and how they get every inch of talent out of their roster; I think we need to find someone who has proven they can do more with less and Ludwig fits the bill.

Advertisement
This is not true, as of right now, Wisconsin is a program on the rise and Miami is at the start of a rebuild.

Above average coordinators? Who in the last ten years got one straight after working here.

And you know he didn't get any HC offers from where?

A team on the rise?!?! They went 9-4 two years ago to 7-6 this year. I know you are in Germany, but in the States, that is not a rise.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back