The OC Candidates Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bring what upon myself? I literally dont care what someone on the internet says about me. I actually wish someone would come up with something clever. At least make me laugh.

We have sucked for 20 years. Its not moping at this point. Its being realistic.

If mario adapts ill give him praise for changing. Ive said 100 times i truly hope im wrong about mario and i want him to be successful. If im wrong then miami is back and i can live with being wrong.
I respect that. I know it's hard to maintain any sport of optimism with the past. For me, it's not the new coach that has me looking on the optimistic side of things. It's the total revamping of the whole football program and financial commitment. That's something we've NEVER had.

I've never been shy or one to deny that I do believe Mario should be successful here. I also thought Kiffin would kill it here, and think you did too.

But in order for Mario to be successful, he'll have to do the one thing you mentioned and is essentially the biggest obstacle in his path - look himself in the mirror and adapt his offensive approach. He doesn't even need to give up the physicality aspect - we've beaten this to death. Just incorporate a more modern offensive scheme and mesh it with his o-line plans. It's really not too complicated.

Advertisement
Yo where’s the thread keeping up with all the in fighting? Who hates who? The OC threads (yearly happenings unfortunately) seem to be the spot for these. :LOL:

Office Space No GIF

I respect that, I know it's hard to maintain any sport of optimism with the past. For me, it's not the new coach that has me looking on the optimistic side of things. It's the total revamping of the whole football program and financial commitment. That's something we've NEVER had.

I've never been shy or one to deny that I do believe Mario should be successful here. I also thought Kiffin would kill it here, and think you did too.

But in order for Mario to be successful, he'll have to do the one thing you mentioned and is essentially the biggest obstacle in his path - look himself in the mirror and adapt his offensive approach. He doesn't even need to give up the physicality aspect - we've beaten this to death. Just incorporate a more modern offensive scheme and mesh it with his o-line plans. It's really not too complicated.
your last paragraph is how i feel about mario. I truly want him to succeed. It doesn't make my life easier for miami to suck.

After 20 years you have to show me wins. Not recruiting wins.

Advertisement
@TheOriginalCane

Can you mention some of the names you have heard? If you have already done so, please forgive me but there is much filth to sort through. Thanks
@TheOriginalCane has asked me to respond in his stead. he's busy beating up one of the many cross dressers on this site.

please check your DM/IM/PM (don't know what it is called here).

EDIT:

a few posters have asked me via DM/IM/PM to share with them the names that @TheOriginalCane knows are being considered for OC. in order not to violate privileges, i've asked @TheOriginalCane for permission to share said list and i am waiting for his reply which should be forthcoming following the annihilation of a certain unnamed cross dresser

Last edited:
Advertisement
your last paragraph is how i feel about mario. I truly want him to succeed. It doesn't make my life easier for miami to suck.

After 20 years you have to show me wins. Not recruiting wins.
Recruiting is big because it's how you build a base of talent and acquire skilled football players, so I do put a sizable amount of stock into that.

At some point, the talent needs to be coached up and developed; additionally, it needs to be put in positions to maximize their strengths and attack an opposing defense's weaknesses and vice versa, etc. All super basic, but it's something we haven't done in 20 years like you said. And it seems like we've been talking about holes in a roster for just as long - when was the last time we could even say we had a complete team (even if it wasn't the most talented - just the fact that there weren't gigantic holes concerning talent and depth at multiple positions)?

Recruiting is big because it's how you build a base of talent and acquire skilled football players, so I do put a sizable amount of stock into that.

At some point, the talent needs to be coached up and developed; additionally, it needs to be put in positions to maximize their strengths and attack an opposing defense's weaknesses. All super basic, but it's something we haven't done in 20 years like you said.
Recruiting is big. Its why i didn't blast the hire right off the bat. No one can question his recruiting.

Now win games and 7 or 8 isnt enough in year 2 in the acc.

Advertisement
@TheOriginalCane

Can you mention some of the names you have heard? If you have already done so, please forgive me but there is much filth to sort through. Thanks

In reality, all of the names have been mentioned SOMEWHERE previously.

I'll just say what I've said to other people.

I think a couple of names are distinct possibilities due to availability. That would include Littrell and Whipple/Cameron. I think Johns is also a possibility because he is on a career path that is trending towards bigger/better, as opposed to guys that I never thought would leave the nest (Ruggiero, Hartline, Candle).

I also think that Mario's "hiring philosophy" at FIU was to hire up-and-comers, not former P5 HCs like Moorhead. On one hand, someone could argue "yeah, but he was at FIU, what other choices did he have", but on the other hand you could say that he had some success and several of those guys went on to better jobs. I do think that some people over-focus on his 4 years at Oregon, when we all know he inherited the Taggart staff, so Oregon ends up being a very small sample size for "hiring philosophy".

Mario tends to keep things quiet and somewhat surprising. Which is why I give "more likelihood" to some of the lesser-known names, compared to the same loud names that certain mopers/porsters keep trumpeting. But I could also see why Mario might feel some pressure to choose an established name THIS TIME FOR THIS JOB given what just happened. Although "Broyles Award Winner Josh Gattis" once SOUNDED like an established name 360 days ago.

If conversations with guys like Mullen and/or Kingsbury and/or Frost were not super-job-offer-oriented, then that leads me to think that maybe Mario was working to identify some up-and-comers. We shall see.

Advertisement
In reality, all of the names have been mentioned SOMEWHERE previously.

I'll just say what I've said to other people.

I think a couple of names are distinct possibilities due to availability. That would include Littrell and Whipple/Cameron. I think Johns is also a possibility because he is on a career path that is trending towards bigger/better, as opposed to guys that I never thought would leave the nest (Ruggiero, Hartline, Candle).

I also think that Mario's "hiring philosophy" at FIU was to hire up-and-comers, not former P5 HCs like Moorhead. On one hand, someone could argue "yeah, but he was at FIU, what other choices did he have", but on the other hand you could say that he had some success and several of those guys went on to better jobs. I do think that some people over-focus on his 4 years at Oregon, when we all know he inherited the Taggart staff, so Oregon ends up being a very small sample size for "hiring philosophy".

Mario tends to keep things quiet and somewhat surprising. Which is why I give "more likelihood" to some of the lesser-known names, compared to the same loud names that certain mopers/porsters keep trumpeting. But I could also see why Mario might feel some pressure to choose an established name THIS TIME FOR THIS JOB given what just happened. Although "Broyles Award Winner Josh Gattis" once SOUNDED like an established name 360 days ago.

If conversations with guys like Mullen and/or Kingsbury and/or Frost were not super-job-offer-oriented, then that leads me to think that maybe Mario was working to identify some up-and-comers. We shall see.
seinfeld-elaine-benes.gif

lmfao...

Wisconsin is better than we are and its not that close. Look at the fecking coordinators they have signed and people tell me its not as good of a job as Miami currently.
Money talks and bull walks. U can get better players at Miami. U wanna live comfy and be ok with winning the division, get smoked by Ohio and Michigan then play in a decent bowl game....based on recent history, go to Wisconsin. Players win games, thats why Miami is a better job than Wisconsin and Nebraska types. Sorry to burst your bubble. They were being run well when we were the definition of ineptitude. They havent won a single conference title in that time period. So what exactly makes them much better than Miami, Miami willing to spend money like them?

If Mario doesn't work out, I hope we get Kiffin, Frost at OC, somebody like Jeremy Pruitt at DC, with coach O replacing Highsmith. Get a camera crew in there to follow the season.

Pruitt can buy players. Kiffin and Frost can party together and bang whoever they want. And coach O can advise them on what not to do.. and how to do it, while providing a good soundbite. It'd be must see TV.

That way we can burn the whole thing down and get it over with. Show cause penalties and sanctions all around. Putting us out of our misery while going out in style.

And yes, I'm joking. Mostly.

It would be more fun than the self imposed bowl ban of hiring Josh Gattis…and going 5-7, getting our asses handed to us by MTSU, FSU and the it’s impossible for a 1 year turn around Duke Blue Devils.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back