The OC Candidates Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look, I'm not trying to argue here, but a statement like "It 100% costs his top candidates" is just hyperbole.

First, you don't know who his top candidates are, and second, you can't possibly put a "100%" on that.

We should have someone soon. Let's analyze the process and fit at that time.

Do you know who the top candidates are?

Advertisement
You are right, Wisconsin does have an extremely decorated history of winning 59% of their games over their 133 year history, 55% of their all time bowl games, no conference titles since 2012, and no national titles, ever. Forgive my questioning, but why the Wisconsin slurping?
Wisconsin has an established defense for years now, at Miami, Leonhard would have to build up his scheme, recruit and execute on the field, which is impossible to do at the level he did it at Wisconsin within a year.

Plus, at the current state, yes, going from Wisconsin to Miami is a step back. I don't care about the 1980s, I care about now and right now, Wisconsin would comfortably beat Miami.

This has nothing to do with slurping. This program isn't very attractive from a win-loss-perspective at the current moment.

I Love the area....I also Love the area/s known as Bone Valley, which encompasses areas of Hardee, Manatee, Hillsborough and Polk counties. Termed "Bone Valley" because of the plethora of Extinct Mega Fauna, and fossils found there. People can't imagine what has been found in those areas throughout the yrs from the Phosphate Mine draglines... I bet I've found $50,000 worth of stuff there over the last 23yrs hunting those areas....and that's being conservative.
Those phosphate mines are legit. In elementary school, we used to take field trips to the ones in Bartow and always came away with primo stuff

Advertisement
This is the take away. IF it's true Cristobal spoke with Candle and Hartline, shouldn't that kill some of the "Mario only likes bro-ffense, bro" talk ?

Good point. My question is why we didn't land one of them, or anyone else that was appealing from the previous cycle?

Maybe good OCs don't want to work with Mario and are turning us down. That theory makes more sense to me than most of the stories/excuses we have been reading.

Wisconsin has an established defense for years now, at Miami, Leonhard would have to build up his scheme, recruit and execute on the field, which is impossible to do at the level he did it at Wisconsin within a year.

Plus, at the current state, yes, going from Wisconsin to Miami is a step back. I don't care about the 1980s, I care about now and right now, Wisconsin would comfortably beat Miami.

This has nothing to do with slurping. This program isn't very attractive from a win-loss-perspective at the current moment.

Oh so you are talking about the here and now. You mean like Wisconsin being 20-13 over the last 3 years? Yea, that is far better than Miami, who was, 20-13. Sorry, you just don't have a good argument.

Lmao telling me to shut the **** up only makes me do more.

Yea its crazy to look at tendencies coaches have.

Well he was fired from fiu and chose to keep taggerts ****** leftovers. Also hired steele a gattis.

Do the math and mario is a sub-par coach getting paid saban money.

More brain-dead posting from you.

How does "he was fired from FIU" impact the approach he took to hiring his coordinators and coaches? And I'm not even going to address what a complete tool Pete Garcia turned into, and how he undermined Butch too.

As for "keeping Taggart's ****** leftovers", that was the deal he agreed to. Same one that Jimmy Johnson agreed to when he came to Miami.

You need to work on your math. Mario's not getting paid "Saban money". He's getting paid "Tucker money". That should make you feel better, but I'm sure you'll find something else to whine about.

Go "do more" with your mopey pals.

That’s my mistake, I was commingling topics

I was focusing on Bama missing out on the UWash OC
This is what happens to us for being thirsty for info and listening to a Big O/Navarro podcast 😂😂😂😂

Advertisement
Good point. My question is why we didn't land one of them, or anyone else that was appealing from the previous cycle?

Maybe good OCs don't want to work with Mario and are turning us down. That theory makes more sense to me than most of the stories/excuses we have been reading.

Maybe. Or maybe not. What is this magical list of "good OCs who don't want to work with Mario who are turning us down"?

Candle remained HEAD COACH in his home state. Hartline got promoted AT HIS ALMA MATER.

You can't even really blame Garrett Riley for choosing Clemson.

There may be others, I'm not trying to say that there is NOBODY on this list of people who are turning Miami down because they don't want to work with Mario.

But I don't put Candle or Hartline or Riley on that list.

More brain-dead posting from you.

How does "he was fired from FIU" impact the approach he took to hiring his coordinators and coaches? And I'm not even going to address what a complete tool Pete Garcia turned into, and how he undermined Butch too.

As for "keeping Taggart's ****** leftovers", that was the deal he agreed to. Same one that Jimmy Johnson agreed to when he came to Miami.

You need to work on your math. Mario's not getting paid "Saban money". He's getting paid "Tucker money". That should make you feel better, but I'm sure you'll find something else to whine about.

Go "do more" with your mopey pals.
at least im not balls deep on a man that has never done anything to help my life in any way.

You said he kept them for 2 years.... he could of fired them after year 1.

Just coached miami to its worst season in program history. Getting paid top 10 coaching salary to absolutely suck!!!!

If Mario doesn't work out, I hope we get Kiffin, Frost at OC, somebody like Jeremy Pruitt at DC, with coach O replacing Highsmith. Get a camera crew in there to follow the season.

Pruitt can buy players. Kiffin and Frost can party together and bang whoever they want. And coach O can advise them on what not to do.. and how to do it, while providing a good soundbite. It'd be must see TV.

That way we can burn the whole thing down and get it over with. Show cause penalties and sanctions all around. Putting us out of our misery while going out in style.

And yes, I'm joking. Mostly.

Advertisement
I know some of them. But with the secrecy that Mario employs, I don't even pretend to know all of them.
giphy-6.gif

Oh so you are talking about the here and now. You mean like Wisconsin being 20-13 over the last 3 years? Yea, that is far better than Miami, who was, 20-13. Sorry, you just don't have a good argument.
First and foremost, Miami is 20-15 over the past three years, 7+5+3= 15, second, Wisconsin is 20-13 because of a Covid season that only let them play seven games (in which they were ranked but uncharacteristically dropped games to conference rivals).

If we go back the past five years, Wisconsin is 38-22 and Miami is 33-28. Miami has had three coaches in that same timespan playing in a worse conference.

Wisconsin would also beat Miami right now as we speak, thats a fairly fair statement to make. Its a good enough job for Phil Longo, a guy everyone in here would have loved to have and a good enough job for Mike Tressel, who coached Cincinnati into being one of the top defensive teams over the past two seasons.

This isn't slurping. Miami isn't good, nor attractive as we speak. The current state of the program is a loss to MTSU, a complete cluster**** of an offense and a sub .500 record. It's perfectly okay to admit that we are in a multiyear rebuild-program and we need to be the spot for young, hungry guys to build a resume.

Saying that a different program is a better job and providing evidence to do so isn't being a slurper for another program, nor is it being a mope. Its being realistic, something this board desperately needs...

Maybe. Or maybe not. What is this magical list of "good OCs who don't want to work with Mario who are turning us down"?

Candle remained HEAD COACH in his home state. Hartline got promoted AT HIS ALMA MATER.

You can't even really blame Garrett Riley for choosing Clemson.

There may be others, I'm not trying to say that there is NOBODY on this list of people who are turning Miami down because they don't want to work with Mario.

But I don't put Candle or Hartline or Riley on that list.
ehhh, I disagree here. If we are trying to play big boy ball, both Candle and Riley are on that list. Hartline, that was a bridge too far, I agree. It’s his alma mater, a currently superior program and the continuity made sense. Sure I don’t blame Riley for picking Clemson, but you can’t just concede. Candle sounded like he was interested but wanted to bring his staff.

Last edited:
Advertisement
at least im not balls deep on a man that has never done anything to help my life in any way.

You said he kept them for 2 years.... he could of fired them after year 1.

Just coached miami to its worst season in program history. Getting paid top 10 coaching salary to absolutely suck!!!!

Never stop moping, moper.

ehhh, I disagree here. If we are trying to play big boy ball, both Candle and Riley are on that list. Hartline, that was a bridge too, I agree. It’s his alma mater, a currently superior program and the continuity made sense. Sure I don’t blame Riley for picking Clemson, but you can’t just concede. Candle sounded like he was interested but wanted to bring his staff.

I'm not conceding. We talked with all three. But I can wrap my brain around WHY they made different choices WITHOUT making it about "they didn't want to work with Mario".

No one said "concede". Joaquin said "dominate".

ehhh, I disagree here. If we are trying to play big boy ball, both Candle and Riley are on that list. Hartline, that was a bridge too, I agree. It’s his alma mater, a currently superior program and the continuity made sense. Sure I don’t blame Riley for picking Clemson, but you can’t just concede. Candle sounded like he was interested but wanted to bring his staff.

The big picture here is that Mario operates like he’s the only employer in a small town, hiring staff completely at his leisure

Yeah he can virtually pay whatever he wants, but that’s only one variable in attracting someone…. And he seems oblivious that good OC’s have other options

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back