The OC Candidates Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me going through the comments trying to find @Cribby posts so I can cling to hope only to realize he changed his ******* avatar again

Swipe Scrolling GIF by Wale
My man just going here is a lot easier lol.

Advertisement
It's weird because it doesn't actually measure anything.

If you're a team that goes crazy fast and throws the ball all the time you can have 10 possessions in 14 minutes. If you score two TD's you're at 1 PPM. But you punted on 8 possessions. If the other team took the remaining 45 minutes and scored 5 TDs they would be at a PPM that's much lower than you but they beat you 35-14. It doesn't measure efficiency at all.
Yeah, I think in most cases it's probably close to PPP, but there are edge cases that make it a bad stat. if you want to be explosive and fast, you should measure the two separately: PPP (or yards per play) and tempo.

Can’t link but check out Frost’s Wikipedia page. LOL

I don’t care if a Coach is railing Coke in the middle of his interview & Freebases 2C-B up in the booth while calling plays.

If he can design a good aggressive Offense, understands the nuances of situational play calling & puts up points, hire him.

And that’s not specific to Frosty, it could be anybody, idgaf about having a Team with coaches & players that are choir boys, just produce results.
1675206710262.jpeg

San Fran's season is over, Foerster looking to come back to Miami? Something tells me he'd have a few interests down here. :ROFLMAO:

I don’t care if a Coach is railing Coke in the middle of his interview & Freebases 2C-B up in the booth while calling plays.

If he can design a good aggressive Offense, understands the nuances of situational play calling & puts up points, hire him.

And that’s not specific to Frosty, it could be anybody, idgaf about having a Team with coaches & players that are choir boys, just produce results.

Advertisement
At no point did I say the decision to fire Gattis wasn't already made. I said it's likely Mario hasn't had formal interviews yet (as opposed to behind the scenes conversations). My question was at what point is Mario taking 'too long'? I'm assuming Mario has been having behind the scenes conversations, but I also am giving him a week from firing to go through formal vetting processes before expecting a new body in the role.

I'm honestly curious, at what point did Mario take too long to backfill the OC role for you?
When he didn’t fire Gattis closer to the season.

Advertisement
I hope Saban hires Arroyo because seeing the meltdown here would be the entertainment I need to get through an otherwise s h!tty day.
Keyboards make everyone a genius.
But Saban has his nuts perpetually inserted into people’s mouths. If arroyo or grantham get hired at Bama that fanbase will point to their success elsewhere.

If he they get hired here….. dumpster fire.

With UM everything is a double standard.

However, I agree that none of those dudes end up at Bama.

But Strong as an analyst at Bama “boss move”

Strong as lb coach at Miami “washed up”

Advertisement
I mean yeah, my proof is that a true Air Raid team has never won a Natty and generally speaking they get boat raced every time they play one of the big dogs. TCU is a great case in point...they made an amazing run, with a million close scrapes that they won because they had a veteran QB that willed them to wins, and then they got demolished by a big boy program. I'd KILL to have five years similar to the one TCU just pulled off, to be clear, BUT it is further proof that Air Raid teams don't hold up on the biggest stages, and with the money we are paying Mario, that is how he is framing it.

We ran a Beta Test version of it here with Lashlee...not an Air Raid but the closest we've ever gotten. The result was that we were more fun on offense than we have been in years, we got shut down by every good defense we played and we couldn't run the ball.

I agree that we are not at a point where we should be limiting the top of our funnel, and I think Mario is showing all the signs of the same "smartest guy in the room" syndrome that doomed Golden and Manny here. But I also don't think the long term view of where you need your offense to be if you want to contend for Nattys is wrong either.

TCU threw 30x a game and ran 37x a game…

TrumpyCane Wants to know what your definition of air raid is

TCU threw 30x a game and ran 37x a game…

TrumpyCane Wants to know what your definition of air raid is
It's like the Supreme Court said, I know it when I see it...

But for real I did not know that and yet somehow that once again makes my point because I can't think of a team that ran the Air Raid and made a title game, much less won one. And once again, I'd love to see us run an Air Raid. I'd also love to see us run the triple if it meant scoring a ton of points and winning.

Advertisement

praise gospel GIF

Keyboards make everyone a genius.
But Saban has his nuts perpetually inserted into people’s mouths. If arroyo or grantham get hired at Bama that fanbase will point to their success elsewhere.

If he they get hired here….. dumpster fire.

With UM everything is a double standard.

However, I agree that none of those dudes end up at Bama.

But Strong as an analyst at Bama “boss move”

Strong as lb coach at Miami “washed up”
This applies to recruits too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back