The OC Candidates Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
two new guys to consider:

1. Ryan Gunderson, QB coach at UCLA.

2. Mike Shanahan, OC at James Madison.

thoughts?
Ryan Gunderson is a good prospect.

He came at Oregon ST with Mike Riley, but got his schooling as an Assistant coach under Brent Brennan at San Jose ST. Now he’s with Chip Kelly at UCLA, so he’s getting a Masterclass in Offensive Football.

However, he’s never called plays yet & wouldn’t be an ideal hire for us as an OC, he’s more of a kid you hire as a QB’s Coach & let him learn for a year or two & then whenever whoever the OC is gets a new job elsewhere you elevate him.

He’s a young Coach I would tag as being an OC by next year or 2025 at the latest.

Advertisement
A name to

He came at Oregon ST with Mike Riley, but got his schooling as an Assistant coach under Brent Brennan at San Jose ST. Now he’s with Chip Kelly at UCLA, so he’s getting a Masterclass in Offensive Football.

However, he’s never called plays yet & wouldn’t be an ideal hire for us as an OC, he’s more of a kid you hire as a QB’s Coach & let him learn for a year or two & then whenever whoever the OC is gets a new job elsewhere you elevate him.

He’s a young Coach I would tag as being an OC by next year or 2025 at the latest.

Scott Frost got that masterclass for several years in Eugene about 10 or so years ago.......

Advertisement

How about Shanahan?

Advertisement
I love the Eagles QB coach route if you could even get that guy to interview. At this point he keeps it up and he can be an NFL OC in a couple years. And I don’t think we can afford to wait on him after SB, then get turned down and THEN go to option 2,3,4 with 2 weeks left until spring practice lol

Bring me Scott Frost please.

Frost could make the most of the current QBs and believes in fast, physical spread offense.

The OC will be better by virtue of improved talent and another year of conditioning, so Miami will going be okay no matter who Mario hires.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Fuuuuuck...Arcadia?

I know that you and I once lived "not far" from there, but I hated driving through there when I'd take 17 up to Orlando to see my parents. I think I got a couple of speeding tickets in Arcadia back in the 2000s...

Definitely sounds like Arcadia

My biggest fear is the defense plays poorly again this year and we have to go through this all over again with a DC hire.
No need to fear because It's about talent, discipline, and buy-in at the end of the day. D will be better by virtue of talent infusion and competition no matter who's running the show.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Candle was snuffed out as a candidate.

creeping ben stiller GIF

My biggest fear is the defense plays poorly again this year and we have to go through this all over again with a DC hire.
It’s a legitimate concern. It is what it is when your hc doesn’t really have a schematic speciality on either side of the ball. The hope is you have enough guys with legit track records between steele, strong, and addae that this doesn’t happen.

What does Frost actually run? Is he pretty much just the Chip Kelly/Helfrich offense?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back