The OC Candidates Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Advertisement
it was said jeff scott went back to clemson because his family loved the area so much and he loved the program.

this is going to be one of those situations where the internet comes up with a random name and then we pretend we missed on him even though he was never a real candidate

it was said jeff scott went back to clemson because his family loved the area so much and he loved the program.

this is going to be one of those situations where the internet comes up with a random name and then we pretend we missed on him even though he was never a real candidate
The entire Scott family are from Arcadia Fl....met and talked with Brad many yrs ago. Nice person.

Advertisement

I’d break the bank for Scott to coach wideouts and maybe give him PGC title but I don’t want him calling plays. I’ve said it before but he has generational talent at QB at Clemson and elite WR’s. They didn’t do anything special on offense, they just out talented everyone. Doubt he’d leave Clemson for anything less than sole OC but I’d sure give it my best shot.

I was just looking at Seth Littrell’s Wiki - he hasn’t coached QBs or WRs in his career so while I think he’d be great here, wouldn’t we need to hire a QB coach and have him slide to WR?

He’s coached TEs but we wouldn’t move Field off field as he deserves the role.

I was just looking at Seth Littrell’s Wiki - he hasn’t coached QBs or WRs in his career so while I think he’d be great here, wouldn’t we need to hire a QB coach and have him slide to WR?

He’s coached TEs but we wouldn’t move Field off field as he deserves the role.
He’s only ever coached RB or TE’s aside from OC. If he comes here he’s coaching one of those spots and replacing either Smith or Field. Like those guys but that’s the trade off your going to have to accept to land him.

You guys are misinformed on Littrell

His playcalling at Indiana, UNC and North Texas speaks for itself

You can read up here on him, and there’s a few free videos

Advertisement
I was under the impression that Litrell coached QBs as well. I'd still take em obviously to call plays, and have him bring one of his trusted young guns to handle the QB room and put Field in a recruiting role. Simple

Advertisement
i know, i was only sharing because the poster i quoted said he couldn't share the link

Definitely. I was just making a comment about the Wikipedia entry which was clearly made as a guess, not based on facts. ...

Personally, I thought Frost would be a great hire until I read more about his bad decision making at Nebraska. I still think he'd be a fine hire if it comes about, and can get behind it. Just like a couple other names more as being "safer".

The entire Scott family are from Arcadia Fl....met and talked with Brad many yrs ago. Nice person.

Fuuuuuck...Arcadia?

I know that you and I once lived "not far" from there, but I hated driving through there when I'd take 17 up to Orlando to see my parents. I think I got a couple of speeding tickets in Arcadia back in the 2000s...

I was under the impression that Litrell coached QBs as well. I'd still take em obviously to call plays, and have him bring one of his trusted young guns to handle the QB room and put Field in a recruiting role. Simple
And hire a stud recruiter WR coach to address the issues we’ve had there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back