The OC Candidates Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t care if a Coach is railing Coke in the middle of his interview & Freebases 2C-B up in the booth while calling plays.

If he can design a good aggressive Offense, understands the nuances of situational play calling & puts up points, hire him.

And that’s not specific to Frosty, it could be anybody, idgaf about having a Team with coaches & players that are choir boys, just produce results.
I get what you're saying: results are the only thing that matter.
But I just don't see Mario as the type of guy to hire someone who's a loose cannon off the field. Maybe I'm wrong, it's just opposite his mentality.

Advertisement
The question isn't whether Frost is an alcoholic or not. Its whether he's a functional alcoholic or not . If it's the former, then sign him up. Half the people I knew in the Marines were functional alcoholics and they were still pretty good at their jobs.
considering that our last OC had "difficulty with boundaries" to use an euphemism in his last three places of employment, i strongly suggest that we pass on Frost even if he's a functioning alcoholic. at some point, functioning alcoholics stop functioning.

as an example, my former partner was a highly functioning alcoholic until he fell down the stairs in his own house and died. he graduated from functioning alcoholic to dead alcoholic in a matter of seconds at the bottom of the stairs.

IF (BIG IF) frost has issues, i am in favor of foregoing his hire.

Mario needs to nail this hire. doesn't have to be a home run but it can't be another abject failure like Gattis.

Advertisement
We don't even know if Frost is a raging alcoholic.

And just because 247 says it doesn't mean its true. They'll find a way to backtrack. If they had the nuts to reveal, they would have made an announcement on Twitter.

Advertisement
It's weird because it doesn't actually measure anything.

If you're a team that goes crazy fast and throws the ball all the time you can have 10 possessions in 14 minutes. If you score two TD's you're at 1 PPM. But you punted on 8 possessions. If the other team took the remaining 45 minutes and scored 5 TDs they would be at a PPM that's much lower than you but they beat you 35-14. It doesn't measure efficiency at all.
Probably more to it than I remember. And this was from a TV color commentator restating what someone told him.

I’ve never heard of Seth Littrell or Zach Kittley having any off-field issues…
Fx Just Saying GIF by Snowfall

We don't even know if Frost is a raging alcoholic.

And just because 247 says it doesn't mean its true. They'll find a way to backtrack. If they had the nuts to reveal, they would have made an announcement on TwiTwitter

Sure, but the reports aren't too encouraging. You can bury your head in the sand but dude seemed a bit unhinged based on what came out. Certainly enough to raise concern.

Advertisement
I get what you're saying: results are the only thing that matter.
But I just don't see Mario as the type of guy to hire someone who's a loose cannon off the field. Maybe I'm wrong, it's just opposite his mentality.

Again. You don’t see him hiring a loose cannon off the field, again…

The question isn't whether Frost is an alcoholic or not. Its whether he's a functional alcoholic or not . If it's the former, then sign him up. Half the people I knew in the Marines were functional alcoholics and they were still pretty good at their jobs.
Impressive. I wouldn’t have known you were a Marine.

Advertisement
I don’t care if a Coach is railing Coke in the middle of his interview & Freebases 2C-B up in the booth while calling plays.

If he can design a good aggressive Offense, understands the nuances of situational play calling & puts up points, hire him.

And that’s not specific to Frosty, it could be anybody, idgaf about having a Team with coaches & players that are choir boys, just produce results.

Honestly, if he can handle his business and the offense performs at a high level while partying up a storm like that, I want him moved up the list and involved in planning certain recruiting visits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back