The OC Candidates Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Advertisement
No one is question what he did at LSU. Why didnt he replicate it Carolina. If people cant give credit to LSU talent, why should be blame Carolina personnel?
Not Carolina personnel ... Carolina head coach. Lot of people stated that Brady wasn't permitted to run his system and Rhule was the root problem.
As far as LSU talent ... sure they had talent ... but they were there the year before Brady and didn't do anything by comparison. Going from 17 to 61 passing TDs' while also improving rushing yardage?

Advertisement
Yeah, I don't know if I believe that one booster saying Frost is clean. Lots of alcoholics and addicts are able to hide their dependency and live high-functioning lives...at least until they can't anymore...and it's hard to predict when that happens.

Reminds me of my first year in law school, I was with my best friend (we both went to UM undergrad) and we were over between the Richter and the Law School when we ran into this guy that my friend knew from undergrad (I did not know this guy). We started talking to him, he had just graduated UM Law, he was on Law Review (THE Law Review, not one of the other ones), and now he's out in the world doing his thing. Seemed like a good guy, motivated, hard-working, humorous, charismatic.

Fast forward a couple of years, I think this was either right before we graduated, and my friend asks me "Do you remember C------, that friend of mine that you met a couple of years before?", and of course I remembered the guy. Turns out, he was just disbarred for (primarily) commingling client funds, but the driving factor behind everything was that he had drinking and gambling problems, and pretty much had those since undergrad.

I tend to agree with you, if Frost did NOT have any of those problems, you'd think he would have tried to set the record straight by now. I heard about him being inebriated at the game in Ireland, as well as missing recruiting meetings, WHEN it happened, not later, when boosters tend to "blame everything" on the prior coach.

I'm completely in favor of everyone trying to get their **** together, I'm just not sure if we can risk a rehab project at this time. That's all. I wish Scott Frost the best, no matter what his problems are.
I am fairly certain if it was not true there would be a rather large defamation claim filed by now. I could probably find out about Frost. One of my coworker's husbands is a Nebraska booster and they were to Ireland for the game. There were just a lot of very specific stories to come out that seem... odd. And no one seems to be disputing them.

Yeah, I don't know if I believe that one booster saying Frost is clean. Lots of alcoholics and addicts are able to hide their dependency and live high-functioning lives...at least until they can't anymore...and it's hard to predict when that happens.

Reminds me of my first year in law school, I was with my best friend (we both went to UM undergrad) and we were over between the Richter and the Law School when we ran into this guy that my friend knew from undergrad (I did not know this guy). We started talking to him, he had just graduated UM Law, he was on Law Review (THE Law Review, not one of the other ones), and now he's out in the world doing his thing. Seemed like a good guy, motivated, hard-working, humorous, charismatic.

Fast forward a couple of years, I think this was either right before we graduated, and my friend asks me "Do you remember C------, that friend of mine that you met a couple of years before?", and of course I remembered the guy. Turns out, he was just disbarred for (primarily) commingling client funds, but the driving factor behind everything was that he had drinking and gambling problems, and pretty much had those since undergrad.

I tend to agree with you, if Frost did NOT have any of those problems, you'd think he would have tried to set the record straight by now. I heard about him being inebriated at the game in Ireland, as well as missing recruiting meetings, WHEN it happened, not later, when boosters tend to "blame everything" on the prior coach.

I'm completely in favor of everyone trying to get their **** together, I'm just not sure if we can risk a rehab project at this time. That's all. I wish Scott Frost the best, no matter what his problems are.
@TheOriginalCane ....I'm hearing some chatter about Frost, are you as well??

It's not unreasonable, I just don't think he'll do the same thing after how drastically it not only affected performance on the field, but recruiting. He can't really hide from the criticism anymore, so if it is Arroyo...then he really is stubborn.

We'll find out shortly enough. 95% confidence level it'll be someone we are genuinely excited for, but that's just speculation.
I sincerely hope you are right, and I will be very happy to be wrong. I just know that coaches can be stubborn, and I worry that Mario will default to familiarity given how badly he got burnt by Gattis.

Advertisement
Yes, I am. Which surprised me, unless the vetting has been EXCEPTIONAL.
I forget which poster came on here and brought up Frost's "drinking problems" and how it was a narrative created by boosters to expedite the firing process...now I have nothing to add or contradict said statement...but it's at least plausible that this occurred.

I agree with you however...I do trust both Mario and the Administration (especially after what has happened to Gattis/the sickening information that I think will eventually come out); if Frost is hired, then they gave the all clear and did their due diligence.

Advertisement
Agreed, his first 15-20 scripted plays were always pretty good. After that was putrid.
Coley's offenses at Miami were ranked 33rd, 62nd, and 71st in scoring. He is not a good play caller. His name surfaces literally every time the OC position is open here so hopefully any chatter about him being in consideration this time around is just conjecture.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back